xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Live Content  (Read 286 times)

Ten-96

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

Vox,

Do you use the pc version for editing and then make the changes compatible with the xbox version?  

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

I use the PC version for most of the modding as well as the testing. Once I'm satisfied with whatever I'm working on, I transfer it to the xbox and run through it to make sure everything works the way it's supposed to.

There isn't really any "making it compatible" needed, it's about 95% straight-across. I've rewritten dialogs, rescripted force powers and made quite a few other changes just to see what the limits are. I haven't found many.

Ten-96

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

Cool.  I'm going to go out and buy the pc version, then.  One last thing, can you tell me which files I'll have to look through to modify.  Do I have to start a game first and then save it?  What files do I transfr over to my xbox?  Where do I put the files?  

I am sorry to keep bugging you this way, but you seem to have all of the answers to the questions that I am asking.  I know that you must be busy with other things.  I'd appreciate any advice you could provide when you get a chance.  Thanks again.

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »

Rather than randomly answer a bunch of questions, I'll just point you to the best source for answers. Make sure to check out the pinned topics.

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=324

Big_Peb

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »

i don't think you can use DLC from someone else's xbox, i think when you download content m$ signs the content to ur particular xbox, i've tried using downloadable content i've obtained from someone else's box and it was a no go (the hurricane pack), i got a corrupted save everytime...

deadly_synz

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

If possible PM me or email me the dl content im sure i can get it to work as i got the Hurricane Pack from a friend and got it to work....i had to modify some values and resign my save games. But i got it to work so if interested in testing mail me if u can

vingasoline

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

in order to use the dl content from somebody elses xbox, you need to have the modified .xbe<< that is modified when you download the updates.  Without it, when you restart the game it will be unable to verify downloaded content, and therefore will not install.

digital71

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(vingasoline @ Sep 26 2005, 02:34 AM)
in order to use the dl content from somebody elses xbox, you need to have the modified .xbe<< that is modified when you download the updates.  Without it, when you restart the game it will be unable to verify downloaded content, and therefore will not install.

Or you can figure out how to sign mods... that should work as well (I am in the process of trying to figure this out).

digital71

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(digital71 @ Sep 26 2005, 02:59 AM)
Or you can figure out how to sign mods... that should work as well (I am in the process of trying to figure this out).

Nevermind, I should have done some research before posting that.  Sorry.

Clutch152

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »

in order to use the dl content from somebody elses xbox, you need to have the modified .xbe<< that is modified when you download the updates. Without it, when you restart the game it will be unable to verify downloaded content, and therefore will not install.

I have 2 xboxes and I basically took the downloaded content from one xbox to pc then to other xbox and it wont work.  So i have the modified .xbe file and all the stuff that came with the download.  Can you tell me why it doesn't work?

digital71

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Clutch152 @ Sep 28 2005, 09:33 AM)
I have 2 xboxes and I basically took the downloaded content from one xbox to pc then to other xbox and it wont work.  So i have the modified .xbe file and all the stuff that came with the download.  Can you tell me why it doesn't work?

Because the DLC is signed for the other Xbox.

Clutch152

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

Because the DLC is signed for the other Xbox.

Well How do you sign it then?

digital71

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Clutch152 @ Sep 29 2005, 04:01 AM)
Well How do you sign it then?

I am in the process of figuring that out (along with making mods work with the DLC).  As soon as I'm finished I'll let you know.

Clutch152

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

If it helps speed up your progress i found a tutorial on how to sign a game on ur hard drive to accept modified game saves.  Looks a tad complicated for me so if it helps here ya go.

http://www.xbox-save...veGameCheck.txt

Clutch152

• Archived User
Live Content
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

dont you guys forget about this now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3