xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Can A Ps2 Modchip Do?  (Read 340 times)

Shakey_Jake33

• Archived User
What Can A Ps2 Modchip Do?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »

Just to clarify, there is a LBA48 patch for HDLoader to use hard drives bigger than 137 Gig.

XplicitContent

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

Anybody going to answer my question?

XplicitContent

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

Badabump. Simple question, it is.

XplicitContent

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

slappy_squirel

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (XplicitContent @ Oct 25 2004, 08:23 PM)
What can a Playstation 2 do without a hard drive and with a modchip? And what can it do with hard drive? Thanx.

With modchip
You can play copied games and run homebrew apps like divx players and emulators but nothing like xbox much more stuff with xbox

With HD
You can play copied games and run homebrew apps like divx players and emulators but nothing like xbox much more stuff with xbox from hd

You an get the HD loader disk and network adaptor and you are good to go

It takes a long time to load games to the HD I like using my modchip and burning games on DVD_R better but just my personal opinion
Also you can save the HDloader program to a memory card and boot up with a modchip

slappy_squirel

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (XplicitContent @ Oct 31 2004, 09:25 PM)
This is a little off topic for a PS2 modchip, but is related to PS2 nonetheless. Um...I messed around with the switch for the reset/power buttons and it made a sound like a small blown fuse or sumthing. Now the PS2 wont turn on, not even the red light coming on from hitting the switch in the back. Problem is, I wanna know what is the main thing in the PS2 that needs repairing, cause I dont wanna buy a new mobo/psu or anything. Is it just the fuse on the power supply? Im desperate for this answer and am looking to save a few bucks and time if I know what to do. Thanx.

Try testing the fuse on the power supply with a multimeter for continuity
It could also be a blown diode on the power supply

You could test it live by taking off the back cover and testing these points if its working normally you will get 12 volts

http://case-modz.tk/

Look at the ps2 case mod tutorials

XplicitContent

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

I dont have a mulitmeter. My Ps2 doesn't even turn on at all, so I know I dont have any power going thru it unless you think it is possible still. Here is sumthing that has been bugging me, can I switch the ps1's fuse with ps2's, giving the ps2 power? I hope it works, because I would do it then. PLZ help some more, thanx.

slappy_squirel

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (XplicitContent @ Nov 9 2004, 09:10 AM)
I dont have a mulitmeter. My Ps2 doesn't even turn on at all, so I know I dont have any power going thru it unless you think it is possible still. Here is sumthing that has been bugging me, can I switch the ps1's fuse with ps2's, giving the ps2 power? I hope it works, because I would do it then. PLZ help some more, thanx.

It could be a fuse out out on your mobo or power supply if you take out the glass fuse and goto radioshcak they will check it for continutiy for you and let you know if its dead.  You can also probably get a replacement fuse for  a few bucks if that is the problem.  Now if a fuse is out on your mobo then you have to replace it or jump it with a suitable replacement but you would need a multimeter to test each one.

If you have blown a diode on the power supply then you will have to replace them its jut easier to buy a new power supply.  (you might want to get a new mobo also)

A good place for replacement parts is www.richspsxparts.com
Pages: 1 [2]