xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp  (Read 355 times)

Rwolf

• Archived User
Psp
« on: May 13, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

anyone think this is gonna be a hit? PSP looks flat out awesome! i wonder if there will ever be a ff7 remake or, at least, ff7 port

Zero

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

If they have solid game support It will be very popular.  It looks a lot better than the new Nintendo DS coming out.

lebriznon

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

portable FF7 would be amazing.  the psp seems far more impressive than the nintendo DS thing...hell that even looks weird...two screens  :blink:

Rwolf

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

psp has better gfx then psx but a little worse then ps2, wonder how they pulled it off...

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 04:09:00 AM »

I think it looks very lame

yaazz

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

IMO the nintendo DS looks much more fun then the PSP, the psp seemed to be about having the best graphics out there, the DS was all about having the funnest games on the floor
Which one I buy will soley end up on price :P

Mage

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

Battery life will decide the PSP fate imo. :P

The developers who will be writing for it sounds good, but if battery life isn't long enough, I doubt it will compete with gba at all then.

cainedna

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

Geez. FF7 was fun, but there are stacks on stacks of games that could have better remakes...
I'll probably end up getting a PSP down the line, but 2 hours of battery life while the disc spins? I mean, I'm sure a lot of games won't be streaming off disc constantly, but that makes the whole movie playability function useless.
The DS has some kicking multiplayer and gameplay innovations that I'm psyched about, plus I've seen a number of games that I actually want to get for it. The PSP has a few games that are either ports of existing games, or ones that are coming for the home consoles. Screw that.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

I think it's too much of trying to be all things to all people, you buy a PSP and all your PSP accesories you can't use on anything else, and for $250-$300? Damn I'll buy an N-Gage and a GamePark before one of these, at least the cards and media for those aren't going to go obsolete when the console flops.

Cyphix

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

I will choose the DS over the PSP.

also, from what i hear, The psp has 1-2.5 hrs of battery life, while the DS has 8-10.

nagmine

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

Yeah if they dont fix the battery life then this is gona be such a dud. I dont even see how they could release a product that eats batterys so fast. u would end up bying so many batterys u could have bought a nintendo ds a few times over.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

Admittedly, it would be kickass to have games like Intelligent Qube and Armored Core portable, but I highly doubt that they'd make those games for it. It would be bad ass though.

razorrifh

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ May 14 2004, 06:34 PM)
I think it's too much of trying to be all things to all people, you buy a PSP and all your PSP accesories you can't use on anything else, and for $250-$300? Damn I'll buy an N-Gage and a GamePark before one of these, at least the cards and media for those aren't going to go obsolete when the console flops.

i think this is damn cool. i wont be buying one till the price drops (the ngage qd is 100 bucks at gamestop... but the games are gonna be so much better on the psp!) i saw the screens of the GT4: mobile and its truely impressive.

it uses wifi for wlan access, and memory sticks (its sony!  :P) i dont see how the stuff will be useless, not that it will flop. there's already mp3 players and digital cameras and other stuff that use the memory sticks... unless theres something else that i didnt hear about on it.

Ben999_

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (nagmine @ May 14 2004, 11:13 PM)
Yeah if they dont fix the battery life then this is gona be such a dud. I dont even see how they could release a product that eats batterys so fast. u would end up bying so many batterys u could have bought a nintendo ds a few times over.

I'm assuming it will be rechargeable, so that's not a problem. It's probably not as bad as people think. Also they said they'd have an external battery pack accessory also I think.

This post has been edited by Ben999_: May 25 2004, 08:22 PM

ovejon

• Archived User
Psp
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

From what I've gathered around the internet it seems that the psp will have around 2.5 to 10 hours of use.  The media they are using is optical and it involves using a drive.  Playing a movie will last around 2 hours while playing music can last up to 10 hours. As for games it really depends how much data is streamed while playing.  But I say it will last about 4-6 hours.  I like how the psp looks and I'm interested in the games coming out for it, but I'm more excited about the ds.  And ask youreself if you rather play gt4 at the comfort of your own home in a big tv screen or in a small screen with quetionable battery life?