xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Very Quick Ps2 Dnas Q  (Read 244 times)

Drexon

• Archived User
Very Quick Ps2 Dnas Q
« on: April 14, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

Yeah, I know it's not exactly the right place to ask, but I figured it'd be that anyways.

I've heard a nasty rumour that DNAS cracked/patched backup games on PS2 get banned, as in permanently banned from their service since there's only one key (?) and if more than one person is using it at the same time the network adapter will get banned.

Just need one strait answer then you can let this thread die. =)

LEGiON-

• Archived User
Very Quick Ps2 Dnas Q
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 02:09:00 AM »

This is incorrect, a friend of mine was playing with someone, both using the exact same DNAS ID, neither of them were banned.

At this point it isn't established as far as I know whether DNAS IDs are 100% unique or not, as there are instances where 2 copies of the same game have different IDs. Whether this means that IDs are unique to batches rather than each disk, I don't know. Theres also a theory that the ID is generated uniquely based on the console, so sticking the same disk in 2 consoles may yeild a different ID each time. This could be easily tested I guess...

Sony may be banning IDs posted on the internet, but as far as I know they aren't banning people who connect with the same ID at once.

godfather 477

• Archived User
Very Quick Ps2 Dnas Q
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

I can't see how Sony could ban copies... after all what about the folks that rent games and go online with the same game.

Or even what about shops that do 10day returns, and people only buy it to get the DNAS ID.

razorrifh

• Archived User
Very Quick Ps2 Dnas Q
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (godfather 477 @ Apr 20 2004, 01:32 AM)
I can't see how Sony could ban copies... after all what about the folks that rent games and go online with the same game.

Or even what about shops that do 10day returns, and people only buy it to get the DNAS ID.

i think they're talking about people getting banned if they are playing the same game with the same dnas at the same time, thus if you rent it, only one copy of that game has the same dnas online at a time.

also, if the dnas number is big enough, it seems that it would be damn impossible to ever have one that is repeated (like the theory behind mac addresses on nics) just my ideas though

gcskate27

• Archived User
Very Quick Ps2 Dnas Q
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

^ same theory behind credit card numbers...