xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding Dreamcast  (Read 389 times)

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
Modding Dreamcast
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

You can use it, but it won't work, I tried it first with no luck, and my dc is fine with all my DJ burned cd's. I'm pretty sure it's Nov 2000 because i've got a March 2000 DC that works fine with a boot disk

[-MXB-]xmaniac

• Archived User
Modding Dreamcast
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »

Nero WILL NOT WORK EVER. They say it does and they even provide .nrg images but you really need a release of DiscJuggler BEFORE 4.etc. That's the only way me, or any of my friends have ever got it to work. It's also what every single Dreamcast Dev site on the net says (if you Googled)

Sorry to burst your bubble but i usae nero and i got it to work np and i can burn at 32x without a hitch.

dozer613

• Archived User
Modding Dreamcast
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

You do not need a mod chip of any kind you can use a boot disk. Do not use Nero like Supplicium said Disk Juggler. Also, try dream snes, it self boots.

DJLotus

• Archived User
Modding Dreamcast
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

1. Nero does work, just not for some people.
2. Don't matter which DiskJuggler you use (at least for me)
so it don't really matter what you use (a lot of people prefer to use alcohol 120%) just so long as the image is self bootable. Being seflfbootable means that there are 2 sessions on the disk, 1st one being audio and 2nd being data. and even if your stuf dont work, there is a proggy (actually 2) that can make non selfbooting games selfbooting ones. you can take your pick:
Bin2Boot
-or-
SBI (SelfBootInducer)

bin2boot takes normal bin&cue iso's and makes them into .cdi's which you can in turn burn, or if need be, use cdi2nero and burn it as an .nrg.

and if it still dont work, try getting a modchip, some DC's still need them. I've only met one person whose dc doesn't play burnt games or bootdisks or homebrew yadda yadda yadda. But with a chip it'd work.  so i'd suggest trying a few different things, try getting to somebody who knows how to do this and give it a shot.  it'l either work or it won't. if it don't try and find a chip (where i don't know) or just get a new DC (seeing as they are only like $20 bux used or some stuff like that)
Pages: 1 [2]