xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pelican And Banshee In Bg  (Read 105 times)

Allister

• Archived User
Pelican And Banshee In Bg
« on: August 04, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

Injecting Vehicles\Weapons can be extremely easy if you know what you're doing. There are multiple things you have to inject for a vehicle to work.
These are just a few for example purposes... To get a full list. Open HHT v3, and go to the vehicle tag, and select a vehicle to see the dependencies:
- Collision Model
- Model
- Animation Trigger (Models Animation)
- Vehicle Meta
- Vehicles Weapon (If included)

Everything there is very easy to inject. Use HHT v3 for everything there but the model. Use pokecancer's Xinject for the model, or... you can inject it manually and save a little model space, but this is harder. Now Along with those things are dependencies that you also have to inject. For example... If you inject a model, you must inject a shader to go along with that model or else the game will not load and will freeze at the loading screen. So in a nutshell, when you inject something... Inject everything it needs too (dependencies).

Allister

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

Save them from a map that does have the banshee or Pelican... and I don't see why you'd do this... It's been done before... Many Many Times...

pantsmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

Why don't you try playing the map? I'm pretty sure that you have to do something else if you want the models to change in sparkedit for some reason.

Allister

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

Forgot one thing. For vehicles to work, there is a count that you have to null. At 0x170 in the vehicle meta, there is a byte (0a sometimes) that you must change to 00.

acyd

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

I want to put some weapons and vehicles from 3 other maps into my own map.  so they have they're dependencies already how do I get them into the map?  sorry for all the questions I'm really new at this.