xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Halo Editing  (Read 859 times)

decibel [HS]

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

yo, we are looking for an the offsets for the red and blue armor, or to put it better, we want to give the red mc different clothes than the blue mc, any suggestions... possitble?
a friend from haloskins made a cool "arch ememies" skin, but it would really be cool to have these enemies in there distinct clothing.

Shadowcat

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2003, 08:55:00 PM »

These are listed way back in this post I think. Look around on hacking forum, there was a post about that.

Russo017

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »

blink.gif WOAH! I think it looks h3ll4 tyte. Link or syntax anyone? I know how to hex... i also have namechanger although i am sure its useless here. Alright thanks guys drop a line if u know...

wailer6084

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2003, 12:42:00 AM »

losvedir: the halo cache maps are like tar files... they store many different files within like sound files and texture files. Now the halo program needs to know what is in a map.. so at the begining of the cache file at a set location is a pointer to a list of pointers that are located neer the end of the cache file.  This list of pointers contains other data too like the filename and type etc.. but they also point to the actuall file inside the cache file.  There are many levels of pointer tables.. so if I missed a couple dont take it to hart.. I'm just pulling this from memory. So in the pointer list is an item entry for the warthog that list every property for the warthog and pointers to actual files inside the cache file. So if you take one property for the warthog and change it's pointer to another compatible file (say change the texture property to point to the ghost texture file) then you change that property of the warthog.  Make sense? So there are two parts to a cache file.. data files and metadata that points to the files. When you change a pointer your just changing the metadata and not the real data.  Also the cache file is just the uncompressed image of the regular .map file. You can change whatever you like and then re-compress it to a new .map file. Hope this helps.. cheers.

XBCube

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

what if we do tunneling if we hex edited the cache file?
will it work on unmodded xboxes?

Zero_Cool

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »

sad.gif  so none of them have the progs)it seems like it would work all except for one thing, how do you get the files onto the y: drive, after taht it is settled your home free. Is there some way in like dvd2xbox that you can do that, I have tried editing the .xml file and adding y: but it didnt work, ne ideas.?

Odb718

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2003, 01:42:00 AM »

dry.gif

----
Let me contemplate this for awhile.
----

Zero_Cool

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »

Thanks, I had been trying to use dvd2xbox

Odb718

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

They are there they're just not showing. Load three different games up then load Halo and it should load fresh caches for you.

It only skips them because they're already decompressed

tyler

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2003, 04:08:00 AM »

I'm new to this but am going to give the hex editing a go (I've done a bit patching games)

1) Can someone list the strings for vehicles? I've read how people are changing them round

ie. C0 7E E6 80 is Warthog, 24 AA E9 80  is banshee. Is there a full list?

2) Can you fly a pelican?

Stealth Ermac

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »

As far as the pelican goes. I don't know if it can be flown. Highly unlikely in multiplayer, but I'd imagine it's a possiblity for campaign mode. I found a full list of offsets of BOLL's at  media.7708.net/hack

dubious

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

smile.gif

dubious

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

thx..

yeah, or even better 32

2nd Zoom (32x) = 0x123AB666, 0x00000042

WaLKa

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (Grendal @ Dec 3 2003, 10:06 PM)
Has anybody gotten HMTv3 to work with Assault on the Control Room yet?  I think the map file is too large for it or something.

doesn't work for the maw either

Odb718

• Archived User
Halo Editing
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2003, 11:26:00 AM »

Are you guys tring to PPF them or run the editor on it?
I know if I let my box sit for like 20 seconds it loads up maps I thought couldn't be edited. I know me and my cousin Andrew kept HCE co-op for like six boards. Most of them took a long time to load but I could hear the xbox clicking away at it, so I let it sit to my satisfaction.

----
In fact I'm almost certain that I got to edit AotCR. 99.9%
----
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13