xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mc Character Model W/ Flamethrower, Etc, Etc.  (Read 78 times)

C4TRMNTOR

• Archived User
Mc Character Model W/ Flamethrower, Etc, Etc.
« on: August 08, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

Hi, everyone's seen the Beta screenshots of MC with the Flamethrower in single player. Well someone should see if that character model/stance (for the MC w/ Flamethrower) is still in the code in the single player mode somewhere. If it is, it should replace the code for the shotgun character model/stance and be uploaded to the B.G. map with the Flamethrower also included. This would help with not shooting the ground all the time and make the MC look normal, it could also open up the possiblity of having the Flamethrower in single player. If it's possible, the flame and Gravity Rifle damage should also be tweaked to be as realistic as possible for multiplayer. Also if it's possible, the Worthog chaingun when replaced with rocket rounds should have the rate of fire slowed down to be equal with the PC rate of fire and try to have a reload animation, also if the image of the chaingun could be replaced with a modified image of the Rocket Launcher that obviously should be done. I know this whole Halo hacking phenomenon is early in "development", but if there's enough people coding, hacking, etc. the game, it can be very perfected, things can be finished that Bungie left incomplete, all the resources are there they just need to be unlocked, Then the Xbox version can have further competition with the PC version when that's released. If anyone has any other ideas please post them, and make sure some .Map Reverse Engineers see this post. Thanks for your time and thanks to the wonderful hackers that made all this possible, keep up the good work!

C4TRMNTOR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »

Yeah that'd make more sense, also I'd rather play the level with flamethrowers and shotguns i could care less about the assualt rifle

jizzlobber

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 10:23:00 PM »

I think the shotty is quite useless in SP, I use the assault rifle to take out Elites after a charges Plasma pistol shot.

Ill187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

I think the shotty is quite useless in SP

uhh, what's wrong with you? Plasma pistol? You're saying out loud you like the Plasma pistol better then the shotty!

For things that could be replaced
The insert string here when picking up the gravity gun should be the pic of the flame thrower.
I think the pistol on top of the base should be replaced instead of the shotties.

animex2

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

Plasma Pistol = Glioths (i think thats what shield guys called =P)
Shotgun = Flood

The only weapon i really never use is the needeler (unless im playing with cheats, so damn fun with infinite clip and needler =D)

yanke10

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ill187 @ Aug 9 2003, 01:50 PM)
I think the shotty is quite useless in SP

uhh, what's wrong with you? Plasma pistol? You're saying out loud you like the Plasma pistol better then the shotty!

For things that could be replaced
The insert string here when picking up the gravity gun should be the pic of the flame thrower.
I think the pistol on top of the base should be replaced instead of the shotties.

pistol is the best gun in multiplayer.  i can take anyone down with it, even if they have a shotgun or rocket

animex2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2003, 07:07:00 AM »

they are talking about plasma pistol, i agree human pistol is the best in multi player =P

jizzlobber

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

yeah the shotty is the best gun for the flood but nothing beats the plasma pistol, AR combo against Elites in the harder difficulties IMO.

shotty is AWESOME in multiplayer though, plasma pistol is still a great weapon because it takes out the shield, even overshield.