xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Inserting Custom Cars Into Gta Sa.  (Read 503 times)

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
Inserting Custom Cars Into Gta Sa.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 07:14:00 AM »

so last night I replaced a bunch of cars and ran into problems I think were specified somewhere.

game lags when high poly count cars are in abundance in the game? anyway around that? Why does the pimp bike make it lag but the warthog doesnt? I mean if the warthog is twice the size of the bike why doesnt its poly count lag the game opposed to the bike I think it was the hiabusa (cant spell) or the honda crb.
Second I replaced cars that arent seen often but spent a long time looking for them in the usual place they spawn and nothing for like 2hrs. Does the car not work if the replacement car isnt put back right? Just some questions for people who have tried this or know what there doing cause god knows I dont but I think im on the right track.can either of these be solved by clearing cash?

This post has been edited by th3rdeye420: Jul 29 2005, 02:19 PM

darkblizzard

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »

No theres really no way around a high poly count unless you were to take the polys out in a program like 3dmax, and im not real good at that. Although one thing some people have done is edit the stream.ini file to allow for more memory, and here is a link to a topic about that so that you can edit yours as well. And some cars just wont work, Period, unless you get more memory for your xbox or lower the poly count.

http://www.forum.gtaxboxmods.com/viewtopic...ighlight=stream

The problem is that most of these cars were made for PC's which have alot more memory than an xbox, as an xbox only has 64 MB i think. Also, that bike might just have more poly's than the warthog.

Sometimes it will take a very long time to find certain cars since they spawn randomly, as when i put the Hummer 2 in my game it took a good 45 minutes to find just 1 and then they started showing up all over the place.

I am founder of a website deciated to GTA Xbox Mods and we will try to pump out some nice mods for you, such as our upcoming XXi Mod. Visit the link below and browse around our site and forum and maybe some people there can help you.

http://www.gtaxboxmods.com/

This post has been edited by darkblizzard: Jul 29 2005, 03:28 PM

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

im aware of the site I visited it after hsdemonz asked for a mod for this forum. Which I have to add went really nicely. Fucken scene is full of children sometimes. Not to say I dont personally like to flame f@g3t5! but anyway I love some of the mods you guys have on the site, like the ability to mod any car thats sweet! and I thank you for the links and knowledge. Everything you have posted here was helpful. I was aware of modifying the stream.ini file but after talking to ReRuss I really think the improvement is placebo. It still lagged with the bike and now I have the improved slamvan as the only car in the game that is modified and it is lagging. I know the txt is large but I dont know enough at this point to change it. 3rd day modding GTA:SA. Been going at it with Morrowind modding and KotoR 2 modding for a while now. Games that set up an override folder rock. Games like this though that have one image files suck in my opinion. Next im working on getting my liberty city guy back Im not a big fan of cj. Plus I think it would be funny to see a white gangbanger since there arent any in SA. Any suggestions for driving and shooting? Oh and I wasnt dissing you in that thread when I said asset I meant you would really do a good job just for clarification.

dantera

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

I did everything right importing the txd files to gta3.img and when i boot sa it freezes at the loading screen. same with the tattoo mods. Anyone wanna help me?

darkblizzard

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »

then you forget to compress it or something

compress as VC Xbox

This post has been edited by darkblizzard: Jul 30 2005, 01:00 AM

mcnabb06

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(dantera @ Jul 29 2005, 07:37 PM)
I did everything right importing the txd files to gta3.img and when i boot sa it freezes at the loading screen. same with the tattoo mods. Anyone wanna help me?

clear your cache X,Y,Z and theres one on E

darkblizzard

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

E:/Cache

dantera

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

i cleared caches all of them.  For sa compress as vc xbox?

darkblizzard

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

Yea, for Vice City and SA compress as VC Xbox in TXD Workshop

dantera

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

Thanks guys got it to work

darkblizzard

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

Very good to hear dantera. Always glad to help out!

shadowfall

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

can we get pics for this?

Zdemon

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 01:48:00 AM »

Well here is the updated version with pics, I will probably get banned for helping people but, oh well.

It is a word document, I don't know why this site blocks images from photobucket and imageshack.

http://www.gtaxboxmods.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=122  wink.gif

Zdemon is signing out!  beerchug.gif

m@gnus

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

2. Open up the landstal.txd in txdworkshop, is should look like this:

Then hit save.

It should look like what?
This doesn't help me. Is this the best explanation.
Im sure i could figure it out if i had time, but the point is .....that this is a pinned topic.
Who is the new moderator in this forum, speak up pleese.
you banned the last mod here (the guy who wrote the tut im try to figure out).

sick_my_bruv

• Archived User
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5