xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Could Someone Create A How To Guide On The  (Read 54 times)

grifter66

• Archived User
Could Someone Create A How To Guide On The
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

Who ever announced said they got MI working on thier x-box. It is thier responsibility to explain how they managed to do it.
They need to create a guide that everyone can follow By using the guidelines below they. And if these so called GTA pionneers are the experts then they can write a guide using the guidelines below. After all they say they know how to get it working then they can explain it in a manner everyone can understand

Writting a guide/tutorial following the guidelines below will solve the board being flooded with how to questions as well as everyone instead of jsut a few people being able to understand it. In other words write it so a 3 year old can understand it.

1. Do not place complex configurations and terminology that only a few people understand. Because that's what the other guide here is like:
http://forums.xbox-s...77&hl=elrayzeur

2. Explain that you need this this and this on your computer and where you get anything your going to need from.

3. Explain what you open up how you open it up and what goes into where in the open files/folder

4. If any files need to be deleted, added, or both, then list them out, explain where you get them from, how to go about, deleteing, adding them

5. Explain what tools are needed for all the above

6. Re-go over the list above and make sure you didn't miss anything.

7. once all that is done as you adding, deleting, opening things and anything else I mentioned above, write the guide as your going along and explain what things should look like before and after.

8. After all that then explain how to place it back onto your xbox.

I really don't see what it accomplishes by pointing out to people you know how and have done soemthing, and then not write an instructions that everyone can follow. That's just starting shit with people by saying Look at what I can do, and you need to figure out stuff on you own. and then getting pissed off at people for either asking questions or complaining. There is no reason peopel should have to figure out things for themselves when someone who did it can explain it to them.
It's not like you're explaining to people how to program or anything.

Thanks in advance cool.gif

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

This topic has been up for at least 3 days...Someone could have at least done something.
All these views and not one reply at least 3 of this amount of people who viewed this topic has done this so they have to know...That's what I thought. The people who claim to be that elite or pioneers can't even write an understandable guide....and when someone calls those peoples bluff (Such as me now) the peopel who stick up for these people get all pissy saying that you shouldn't say things about or to these people because they are so great......Typical.
Sorry but I really don't care who thinks they are high and mighty, if you act like an idiot, then your going to get talked to like an idiot...because that's all you're doing is being idiotic. Again to recap,
I'm one of the top people on the Morrowind Board I have the info people need, I say i have it and then I post easy to follow guides so that EVERYONE (NOT JUST A FEW PEOPLE) can understand. I also get a lot of PM's and questions asking things ranging from how do you do this (Insert question) all the way to suggesting mods.
So jus because someone has the knowledge of something, doesn't mean you need to be complete pricks with teh info and tease people with it...Again you don't see me acting like that. So If I can do it, then there is no excuse for anyone else acting retarded.
So now that that is over with adn I have made my point (Hopefully the stupid people don't come here and then on top of that completely ignore what I said and then try to take the focus off the main subject by saying these peopel are great...So all you need to do while anyone is reading this is keep saying over and over to yourself....Just exactly how great are The people who say they have the info and then never share it what's so great about it.
And if someone wants to say they never said they were great..Ok I'll admit they didn't say that, but what else would you call it....Playing games with people...teasing (Look at what we can do. We know how to do this stuff,  but you need to figure this out on your own)

So this topic should show people, as well as the people should get the point and not overlook it (But they usually do) the point is that al these people that claim to be so great at this stuff want to announce that they have the stuff and then not share the info in how they did it....That should just go to show people what type of people the people who pull this crap really are....And if people keep wanting to defend these people and say that these people are so great need to re-examine why they are calling these people great and sticking up for them when they don't do anything...if they have the info, announce that have it, and then don't share what they did...I really would like for someone to explain to me these 2 questions:
1. What exactly is so great about not sharing info, but make it piblically known you have it...
2. How can you constrew this as being great..What exactly did they accomplish by hiding info they said they had.......(I can't figure this out)

So in closing

Opius

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 01:30:00 AM »

And, since I can't edit my previous message, I'd like to add this.

I've barely seen two posts go by from you where you haven't been whining about people not helping you. How about not being so lazy and actually doing some research yourself instead of expecting... no, demanding people to help you?

I do not have a responsibility to share anything. Lose the attitude.

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

I do not have a responsibility to share anything. Lose the attitude.

Fair enough!

Then let me ask my question this way.

Look I only need either a basic instrcution tutorial or a place to get it that's all I'm looking for.

The link to the guide you supplied is missing several instructions. (See below) I have written the questions that needs to be answered underneath the part that mentions it.

Now since we need to be specific lets be as specific as we can get:

The manual said to copy both the Data and Models folders to your PC from the Game Directory.
But then it jumps into this:
copy IDE killer into the root of that folder
Problem 1. The exact folder is never specified
Problem 2. What does it mean by root

Problem: Ok what exactlty is this person talking about?
What TC?
This is never mentioned until now
So I have no idea what this, means, is, and where to get it.

So this is what I need to know.

Opius

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

Oooh, Internet Toughguy here!
QUOTE(grifter66 @ GTAForums PM)
Either help me or STFU and leave me alone.
Eithert that or how about I ive you my address to where I live or you give me yours and I come down there or you comne down here and I'll beat the living fu.c.k out of you and know some sense into that thick head of yours..You talk real big on screen. Say it to my face

Makes you so glad you're helping him, doesn't it.  rolleyes.gif

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

God dammit, not this shit again...

I thought a new mod or somthing was out, as there was activity in th GTA forums...

Ugh, the tutorial is basic enough as is, he doesent want to re-write the whole damm thing to help out 1 person, you seam to be the only 1 having trouble with this, or the people who are have given up as it is out of thier league *hint*hint*

So if you cant get it to work then GIVE UP. Or learn what the root of a directory is [remember this: a tree]

Complain all you want, but people are less willing to help you if you send threats to them:

Eithert that or how about I ive you my address to where I live or you give me yours and I come down there or you comne down here and I'll beat the living fu.c.k out of you and know some sense into that thick head of yours..You talk real big on screen. Say it to my face

So just grab a beer and chill, no need 2 bitch at people. Mod halo 2, mod UC2, mod FORZA. There are plenty of games out there...

Zdemon29958

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

Lol!  beerchug.gif
Who sent you that? jester.gif  jester.gif

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

Hey Zdemon29958 you asked who sent this:

Either that or how about I give you my address to where I live or you give me yours and I come down there or you come down here and I'll beat the living fu.c.k out of you and knock some sense into that thick head of yours..You talk real big on screen. Say it to my face

I have no problems telling everyone I did....Because this little shit bag doesn't know how to keep his fucking mouth shut.

1. There are way more events that led up to this PM than what he wants to explain and show (He just wants to make it like I'm the whole problem and can't take responsibility for his own actions).
2. On top of that this was done on the MI section of the GTAmodding site...and not here.

This response I gave him was partially due to the fact when I asked for help he started being a really fucking prick to me on the MI site.
I brought the question about the MI mod top the MI site. and that was the end of it.
or so I thought.

As for this other prick saying this (Or as far as I know it's the same person):
Anyway, even though no-one else except this mongoloid has had problems, I'm still going to redo the tutorial now that the second set of islands are out.

Listen whoever you are:
I have already said to you 6 times that 30-35 other people have had the same problem I did...and I told you 6 more tiomes that how is it if there are this many people having problems (NOT JUST ME) you keep saying I'm The only person who doesn't get it........30-35 people...learn your math will you.
Also how many times do I have to cut and paste the place in the read me and put the proof in front of you for you to get the point that the read me is shit? SO here I'll place it here for you and others to see again:
NOW THIS WAS CUT AND PASTED DIRECTLY FROM THE READ ME:
Copy the Data and Models folders over to your PC.

Now, get IDE Killer and copy into the root of that folder. Run it, allow it to strip the files, and rebuild the archive.

At this point, you are ready to install your TC. Bear in mind that using PC version TXDs WILL crash .
Now for starters lets examine this:
It says to:
Copy the Data and Models folders over to your PC. (Ok that's fine)

Next it says:
Now, get IDE Killer and copy into the root of that folder.
Stop right there...How are you going to tell me this is clear and can be understood.
It says Root of THAT folder....So far the only 2 FOLDERS I have are the data and models folder

Run it, allow it to strip the files, and rebuild the archive.
Ahh run the IDE KILLER...From where....?
This readme is so fucked up it's not funny and then you have the balls to say it's clear...You need to have your head examined if you think this is clear.

Also when I pointed this exact thing out on the MII forum..I got told to read the readme......What the fuck kind of answer is that.
So the fact is that these people on the GTA forum are so far the worse people on the internet so far when it comes to instructions

Just remember...This prick brought this problem from the GTA site to here...He didn't need to do that....but whatever...Since he wanted to bring this here then I'll at least tell the entire reason on what happened...not just what he wants you to read/think.

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

I also forgot to add this:

It also says to compress the textures..

Well there are 2 problmes with this
1. When I downloaded the MI package There were no textures in it
2. If there are textures they aren't anywhere to be found on the MI section of the site. You people never included them.

So why are you telling people to compress something you never gave them to compress.

Please point out exactly where these textures for the MI are on the MI section of the site...please post the link right here.

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

Listen to me you smart ass. Your doing exactly what I said tghe problem is you have not once contributed anything helpful and again all you did was say sghit that doesn't do anything...What do you meanm proof I copy and pasted it 6 times what was wrong with the readme/guide and for some reason you always always miss the point.....So once again you blind bastard HERE IS THE PROOF:
AGAIN THIS WAS COPIED AND PASTED DIRCECTLY FROM THE README:
This is not a problem:
Copy the Data and Models folders over to your PC.

This is the 1st part of the problem:
Now, get IDE Killer and copy into the root of that folder. Run it, allow it to strip the files, and rebuild the archive.
Sorry but the it never specifies the exact folder to place the IDE Killer in
the 2nd part of this is it says the root of THAT Folder I ONLY HAVE @ FOLDERS ON MY DESKTOP.

Now for the 9th time What FOLDER DOES THE IDE KILLER GET PLACED INTO AND RUN FROM IS IT THE DATA FOlder or is it the MODELS FOLDER
SPECIFY A DAMN FOLDER WILL YOU.

I don't see why you can't get this even though it's blatently obvious where the problem is in the readme/guide

NEXT WE HAVE THIS:
At this point, you are ready to install your TC. Bear in mind that using PC version TXDs WILL crash the game. So, to convert them (a massive task for GTA:LC, for example) open them with TXD Workshop, and compress all the textures and save. Then open the TXD with RWAnalyze. Go to Tools - Commands - Convert TXD to Xbox. Save.

THERE ARE NO TEXTURE FILES ANYWHER TO BE FOUND ON THE MI SECTION OF THE GTA FORUMS OR IN THE MI PACKAGE THAT I DOWNLOADED.

NOW WE HAVE THE README:
the readme says this to open the installer, and navigate to the place where you want to instal the MI and that you will want only the first box checked off.

Well I got news for you I checked off the first box and navigated (Using teh drop down box) the place where I want to instal the MI mod.
I have all that set up........

Now how do you get the OK button active so tghat I can instal this..

For some reason you seem to think this is in teh readme (Which it's not)
Again I followed the readme and the answer I need is not in there nor has anyone even remotley said how to do this...You claimed that they have...OK who said it and where is it...Please paste the link or commet here for everyone to see this so called answer to how you get teh OK button activated on the installer.

I'm calling you're bluff now..You said I was given an answer to that exact question..Ok where is it.....I want to see ther answer you said I was given.

You see what your doing is the real reasoin I was atacking memebers on the forum because heer I have layed out my problem and put proof infront of you now for the 10th time....and all you do is say people answered me. or to read the readme...Well I just proved no one answered me and the answer is not in the readme.....So what's your excuse now?

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »

What's the Matter....Opius did I shoot you down so far you have nothing left to say?

Oh yeah I just want to point this out also:
You said all this:
Like I said before, lose the attitude, learn basic computing skills

1. Your the one who has an attitude look at how you answer people and then you act all surprised when people say what they say to you.
2. What do basic computer skills have to do with impropper and half assed instructions?

and try actually learning something for yourself.]

LOL You have no idea who I really am do you. Let me give you a little insight here:
1. I have re-written at least 18 how to guides on modding games, I'm also one of the top modding instructions advisers on the morrowind forum, I also wrote the idiots guide on how to mod fable. I also wrote a guide that the makers of the resident evil Zero game said couldn't be done and so far Unless I gave the guide to people I'm the only one who has it.
I also have hacked at least 2000 GS and Codebreaker codes I DID ON MY OWN INCLUDING ONES FOR GTA III AND VC ON THE PS2. and for For other various systems. I Have pinned Walkthroughs on various sites such as X-Box.com and other sites like it.
I also hacked a universal GBA code that can be used with almost any USA GBA GAME Made....I also hacked the Diablo programming codes for playstation diablo so now I can create my own items such as staff of Diablo and other various objects

ALL THESE WERE DONE ON MY OWN.....So don't start talking to me about learning things on my own as well as throw around judgements on what the fuck you don't know and telling me to get computer knowledge I've been at this longer than you can copmprehend

Modding console games will never be a copy-and-paste deal. The only way you're going to get this to work is to learn the fundamentals everyone else here seems to know. It's expected.

LOL you can't even give advice on on helping people solve what may be a pretty common problem from what I have seen and been reading (Which you simply want to ignore and say doesn't happen) What the hell maks you think that I want to take advice from you on anything else. You don't even know what your talking about.

So now that you know all this I suggest you stop throwing around judgements that you have 100% no idae what your talking about on towards other people and stop making yourself appear high and mighty..Because now that all this came out I bet your feeling quite stupid now..

LOL Tells me to learn thing on my own.....LOL
OH this guy kills me.

Zdemon29958

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »

wink.gif

Grifter66, just calm down...

Honestly, you don't need to threaten people or throw a spaz at them every time you can't understand something. If I can't follow that tutorial I will understand your frustration, if i can, well...

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 12:32:00 AM »

Now, I'm not going to comment on this any further.

Whatever!!

If you want to use my tutorial, I'm not offering you support.

What tutrial? Where exactly is this tutorial of yours (This ought to be good)

If you want to wait for my tutorial for Myriad V2, which will be especially written to cater for the lowest common denominator, fine by me.

lol your going to write a second one....Where's the first...Man you can't count can you 2 comes after 1 not the other way around

Zdemon29958

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

wink.gif