xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Operation Flashpoint: Elite,pc Stuff Works On Xbox  (Read 229 times)

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
Operation Flashpoint: Elite,pc Stuff Works On Xbox
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »

ya i tryed adding individual tanks like teh challenger 2 and leopard 2(gotta love that reactive armor,and a new version of the abrams) prob is when i try to play it ses it has been deleted from the downloadable content folder?so i would like to know how it just seems to "work" for you?and do you no about the config.bin?

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

ther is one specific pbo unpacker thjat does work for unpacking textures of any pbo file from the xbox version of the game its on this site http://www.ofpbase.com/

its ther under utilites like the 5 one down i think works with xbox stuff( i tryed it myself so i can garanteee it works)

i personally think this guy is full of shit tho

the game does accept pc addons but i dont think it plays them due to limitations

this game and the system will be dead like 2 weeks so it wont fuckin matter anyways

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 02:10:00 AM »

I used the Gunslingers Editor Addon 1.20. Also I got a car addon called the challanger working. I'm trying to find a link to that car. You can also play the resistance campaign although it is glitchy, just drag it from pc and put it in the xbox campaign folder. Didn't play it much but part at the begininng where you are stuck standing in the middle of nowhere, just pause the game and select skip movie and you will start out at the bus stop.

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 02:26:00 AM »

I need help from u guys because I have an idea on how to get missions to work, does anyone know where your created missions are stored?

SPEEDBUTCHER

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

in your saves folder

SPEEDBUTCHER

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »

What I want to do is find a way to allow more then just the one waypoint for the insertion point because right now no matter what you do all you see is your final destination waypoint. Unless I missed something like in the PC ofp editor you had advanced mode.

Diatribal

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 04:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(law56ker @ Nov 12 2005, 10:17 AM)
I used the Gunslingers Editor Addon 1.20. Also I got a car addon called the challanger working. I'm trying to find a link to that car. You can also play the resistance campaign although it is glitchy, just drag it from pc and put it in the xbox campaign folder. Didn't play it much but part at the begininng where you are stuck standing in the middle of nowhere, just pause the game and select skip movie and you will start out at the bus stop.

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Diatribal @ Nov 13 2005, 06:35 AM)
As I suspected, law56ker is just talkin' complete and utter shit!! First thing, there is no Gunslingers Editor Addon 1.20! There is a 1.02 but that most definitely doesn't work (neither do any of the other editor addons!) So I suspect that the "challenger car" is a load of bullshit too! (coincidence that he can't find the link for the car?!!!)

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

nice one law ill be sure to try some tanks rite now im glad to see those cars just too bad nobody plays this online

Lord Helmet

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »

I haven't gotten the game yet, otherwise I would try it myself, but has anyone gotten Airwolf to work? Used to love that show...Thanks.

http://ofp.gamezone....p?showthis=7454

Diatribal

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(law56ker @ Nov 13 2005, 01:16 PM)
Maybe you should be banned,5 posts and half of them are attacks on forum members. I try to helpout and i get pricks like you. Maybe if I'll just keep this stuff to myself if your going treat me like that.

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(SPEEDBUTCHER @ Nov 14 2005, 09:00 AM)
Yeah nice one law i used kegetyseditoraddon111 which is made for resistance. It works with one error message when you load about the house.jpg i unpbo and stuffpbo the file after removing the house.jpg but it still gives the error since the script in the editor addon refers to the house jpg not just the jpg itself, It is possibly the reason for the error message, but it works i can add fences, bricks, flags, light posts etc. I'll try gunslingers to remove the error message.

SPEEDBUTCHER

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »

How did you know I like dodges law56ker thx for the link I'll add it tonight. The key is making the 2 editors work together since the PC version doesn't make you pick the Units (West, East, etc) at the Start. Elite is just using the editor wizard off the pc which has all the scripting in place making it very limited ex No additional waypoints for the insertion point. Oh Diatribal stop bashing because all following posts from you are being ignored unless you contribute.  You started in the right direction about the xbox pbo issue tear it apart and see the differences in the script find them and post results. If we crack the scripting we could just inject the template into the pc version then add what we want export back to the xbox.  Pre made missions from the pc editor etc etc.
Then just add the textures pbo and sound pbo and we have all our addons working.

SPEEDBUTCHER

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Ok I am farther along now.  I can edit a pc campaign mission ex( 04MontignacMustFall.Eden.pbo) for more players to be playable in the squad then stuff pbo it up and inject it into the mptemplates folder on the xbox and choose my mission, new mission then it will be in a blank space in the editor as long as i choose the right island it loads ignoring the warnings of no unit, default island etc  then try it then save it. But the catch is you can host the mission but everyone connecting needs the whole mission not just the server download or they will get no sound because it is missing in the mptemplates folder.

1. unpbo the pc campaign into your user/name/mpmissions folder on the pc game
2 start opf pc then go to multi player then open the editor choose a island and mission add more playable units in the squad. preview it then save it with the same name.
3 stuff pbo the mission using the same name.
4 ftp into your xbox opf folder MPTemplates.
5 Start ofp elite then choose my mission, new mission then choose the blank text area and begin remember to choose the right island but ignore the unit not chosen warning etc and begin you'll have the whole script waypoints etc just like in the campaign but with a few friends along for the ride. they'll have to have the mission in their MPTemplates as well to get sound. Still working on it.  Any help would be welcome. I will keep working on it to figure out more like how to get the injected missions to show text in the templates menu.

hozman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »

You can review my Xbox porting considerations at Ofpec.com. You can't include sounds,client side scripts, or images in MP games. Single player games have no problem since they don't have to transmit these file types.
You can add addons however if you add too many the xbox will croak. I'm not really into the addons just yet but if you include the addon name in the ofp cache file then you should have no problem loading as many addons as you wish. Because the addons your adding don't have a cache entry they fill up the xbox memory and it usually fails.
Pages: [1] 2