xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My New Car Shopping List!  (Read 259 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
My New Car Shopping List!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »

To go along with what Herc said, ebay is not a reliable place to find or get prices for cars.  Kinda like the dude who tried to convince me that you could get a 3rd Gen RX-7 in great shape for under $15K on a regular basis and then posted back here with an RX-7 on ebay that sold for $12K but it was a theft recovery.  For the price you listed and for the features, the Camero is your best bet.  You could realistically find one that was well maintained and readily available at that price.

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

I'm not an idiot...If I was, I would come back here and argue with you guys and try to prove my point, but you guys definetly know what you're talking about.  

I will agree that a few of those will be nearly impossible to find in my pricerange, but the other thing is...it will be a year or two before I can afford this, so the prices will drop.  

I'm hearing more and more not to get a BMW.  My friend just bought a 318i, so we'll see what happens with his.

I could live with driving a camaro...the only thing is, it HAS to be manual transmission.  I will not drive an automatic.  And of course, if it's a camaro, I can't settle for the 3800 smile.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Granulated @ Jan 4 2006, 09:56 PM) View Post

I could live with driving a camaro...the only thing is, it HAS to be manual transmission.  I will not drive an automatic.  And of course, if it's a camaro, I can't settle for the 3800 smile.gif

Come on, what real man could turn down a 6 Speed with a 5.7L V8.

I think your best bet would be to test drive a few cars to get some idea what you enjoy driving the most, fit best in, etc.

And if I could dig up my Camaro for under 4k imagine what 7-10k would get ya.... actually now Im thinking a bit older and going Vette.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...599959898QQrdZ1

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 03:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(anticrap1234 @ Jan 8 2006, 02:40 AM) View Post

ive seen a few new edge style(99-04) gt mustangs for sale for under 12k w/ lowmiles. You can also find them with mods already dont to them and since stangs are so popular there are tons of things you can do to them.
i also like camaros and lots of my friends drive them but mustangs look a lot better imo

To each their own.  I personally think the '99-'04s are among the ugliest mustangs in existance (barring some of the late 70s-early 80s Mustangs).  I can't deny them as a cost effective performance car, but I definitely believe that the F-body cameros look better.  The '05 GT Mustangs on the other hand are dead sexy. wink.gif  @rylinkus, don't keep posting that about the Z-28s.  It just pisses me off that I can't even come close to that.  I can't even begin to find a comparable spec F-body Z-28 for less than $6K.  I did find a '96 with about 118K and a few minor mods for about $6K but the SOB had the accursed automatic tranny.  Why do people do stupid things like that to sports cars?  It's like cutting a guy's balls off and expecting him to run well.  Automatic trannys have their place but not in a sports car.  The worst crime of course being the Automatic RX-7.  What the hell is the point of a rotary engine if you are never going to get to use the full RPM range?  Anyways, now I am stuck looking for a little econobox so I can ditch my gas guzzling, high-maintenece bitch and build up my money.  I'm not even having any luck with that.  I swear I am cursed.   sad.gif  To make matters worse This '97 Z-28 just popped up in my area at a dealer.  Asking price is $8K but I'm sure I could get it for less and it only has 82K on the original engine.  Almost the exact same car as rylinkus' Z-28 (same color and general body style).

IPB Image

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Jan 9 2006, 04:40 AM) View Post

To each their own.  I personally think the '99-'04s are among the ugliest mustangs in existance (barring some of the late 70s-early 80s Mustangs).  I can't deny them as a cost effective performance car, but I definitely believe that the F-body cameros look better.  The '05 GT Mustangs on the other hand are dead sexy. wink.gif  @rylinkus, don't keep posting that about the Z-28s.  It just pisses me off that I can't even come close to that.  I can't even begin to find a comparable spec F-body Z-28 for less than $6K.  I did find a '96 with about 118K and a few minor mods for about $6K but the SOB had the accursed automatic tranny.  Why do people do stupid things like that to sports cars?  It's like cutting a guy's balls off and expecting him to run well.  Automatic trannys have their place but not in a sports car.  The worst crime of course being the Automatic RX-7.  What the hell is the point of a rotary engine if you are never going to get to use the full RPM range?  Anyways, now I am stuck looking for a little econobox so I can ditch my gas guzzling, high-maintenece bitch and build up my money.  I'm not even having any luck with that.  I swear I am cursed.   sad.gif  To make matters worse This '97 Z-28 just popped up in my area at a dealer.  Asking price is $8K but I'm sure I could get it for less and it only has 82K on the original engine.  Almost the exact same car as rylinkus' Z-28 (same color and general body style).

IPB Image

I used to really like that body style, and not hte newer generation of camaros, but I dunno, I think I like the newer ones better.

Not saying that isn't dead sexy, cause it is...I dislike those rims, but that can be changed smile.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

Hey man, that sucker could have rims with Barney the dinosour tattooed all over them and I would still buy the car in a heartbeat if they offered it to me for $6-$7K.   wink.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Jan 9 2006, 11:40 AM) View Post

IPB Image

IPB Image

My rims are better.  pop.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

Yeah, the rims are better but as mentioned that is an easy fix.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jan 9 2006, 05:14 PM) View Post

IPB Image

My rims are better.  pop.gif

and you know how to take a picture biggrin.gif

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(anticrap1234 @ Jan 10 2006, 03:05 AM) View Post

i dont really like the look of cameros, they look like sunfires and trans ams to much. and they look like a dart with the pointed front bumper but they are cheap and good power
IPB Image

Geeee i wonder why......

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 04:42:00 AM »

Sorry, anticrap, not all of our mommy's and daddy's buy us mustangs when we turn 16.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(anticrap1234 @ Jan 13 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post

that has nothing to do with me not liking how camaros look

I prefer the 6 speed and extra liter of displacement. Plus T Tops are wonderful.  wink.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jan 14 2006, 03:56 AM) View Post

I prefer the 6 speed and extra liter of displacement. Plus T Tops are wonderful.  wink.gif

Yup, as for looking like a Sunfire?  I don't see any relavance between the POS and the Z-28, other than the fact that they are both made by GM.  And like herc, the comment about the trans am was a no brainer.  Of course they are going to look almost identical since they are virtually THE EXACT SAME CAR!!!!!!!!!   That is like saying a Mitsubishi 3000GT looks too much like a Dodge Stealth.   rolleyes.gif

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Jan 14 2006, 09:51 PM) View Post

Yup, as for looking like a Sunfire?  I don't see any relavance between the POS and the Z-28, other than the fact that they are both made by GM.  And like herc, the comment about the trans am was a no brainer.  Of course they are going to look almost identical since they are virtually THE EXACT SAME CAR!!!!!!!!!   That is like saying a Mitsubishi 3000GT looks too much like a Dodge Stealth.   rolleyes.gif

Yeah and honestly i think GM did the best job possible with making the Trans Am and Camaro look different. I mean yeahh of course they are going to look abit alike they are after all the same car, but i really think GM does a better job than most companys do with separating sister cars. To me the Camaro looks much more agressive and clean, while the Trans Am looks kind girly and bubbly.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Jan 14 2006, 10:26 PM) View Post

Yeah and honestly i think GM did the best job possible with making the Trans Am and Camaro look different. I mean yeahh of course they are going to look abit alike they are after all the same car, but i really think GM does a better job than most companys do with separating sister cars. To me the Camaro looks much more agressive and clean, while the Trans Am looks kind girly and bubbly.

If T Tops are cool,. flip up headlights are cooler. The only way I could be happier with my car is if it was the pontiac version wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2]