xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Thinking About A Bike  (Read 417 times)

raceboy404

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

lol
i have a buddy of mine that had a brand new yfz1000
custom painted with the 1,000 air brush job, that took 5 days to finsih
brand new ECU and all the little stuff
brand new pipe

all in one week

he was hitting over 200 mph "on a track"

so he though he was the tuff guy.

so on a drag strip
got up on the gas tank and did the arms out like he was flying

came back to sit down

tapped the front brake on accendent
ended up in front of the bike.

than the bike did 4 end overs, rolled 2 time after that

almost every part was recked, frame bent, forks gone, both rims, chain, tires, body, and to top it the paint job.

he sold the bike, the guy made a hillclimb bike out of the motor and scrapped the rest.

my buddy is fine, just a couple bumps, lumps and cuts.

i stick to my bike.
it aint nothin special
just a  O5 YZF250F (dirt bike)
i put a pipe on that and i got cops at my house cause it is to loud
(funny part is i only fan it for 4, 5 seconds to see how the pipe sounded)

good luck with your 600.
is that a 2002?
looks real clean and fresh, but has the older look(like it needs to be stripped down and power washed)

lol, i rode it this moring, but i got to the road and had to push it back laugh.gif

mbood82

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Apr 16 2006, 07:10 PM) View Post

Go back to trolling on FC Matt. You annoy enough people there tongue.gif

You are just mad because my ride is classier then yours.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

if/once i ever get a bike im sure i'll be trying t do some wheelies and stuff, they make "cages" for the bike that protect it somewhat but i'd never do it with a brand new bike

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

EVERYONE goes down. If anyone tells you differently they're lying and they won't be around much longer. If anyone plans on getting a bike, plan on falling off of it as well.

I just noticed a few people on this thread that said "safe" and "motorcyle" (or the like) in the same sentence and thought to myself how naive they are. Those words shouldn't be in the same sentence (or even paragraph) unless "not" is in between 'em. You can be the best rider in the world and be as cautious as you want to be, but that doesn't stop the unpredictables; other vehicles, potholes, people, etc.

/rant

Juss thought I'd share tongue.gif

Congrats on the buy!

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Apr 17 2006, 02:32 AM) View Post

EVERYONE goes down. If anyone tells you differently they're lying and they won't be around much longer. If anyone plans on getting a bike, plan on falling off of it as well.

So true, though most of my falls happened during my dirt bikin days. One of my dumbest falls occurred when I had a Honda Enduro (street legal dirt bike). I was riding it one early morning, near an open field, so I figured I'd cut across the field to save some time. Well, one thing I didnt take into account was the early morning dew, which had the grass nice and wet. So I turn off onto the grass then took a sharp turn and next thing I know me and my bike had parted ways. Lesson learned the hard way when going from a dry road to wet grass with an Enduro.

When your new to motorcycling, the first thing you learn upon dropping your bike on its side is lifting it back up ain't like lifting a bicycle. A 600cc you may be able to turn upright yourself, though if you got a 750 or 1000cc engine, forget it, unless your damn strong.

I remember a time I was driving to work (in my car) and saw some guy drop his bike on its side as we were stopped at a traffic light. Well, if you want to look like the biggest idiot, then do something like that, one thing for sure its great entertainment for the other drivers watching as the biker trys and trys to lift the bike back up. I was about to get out and help him when someone else closer volunteered assistance.

Personally I think one of the most important things about motorcycling is learning to lean with your bike. If you cant get the hang of tilting that bike as you take a turn or go around a bend, then dont even think of getting your motorcycle license.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(mbood82 @ Apr 17 2006, 03:45 AM) View Post

You are just mad because my ride is classier then yours.

If by classier you mean, older, slower, and purpler....

BTW, nice car.

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Apr 17 2006, 07:32 AM) View Post

I just noticed a few people on this thread that said "safe" and "motorcyle" (or the like) in the same sentence and thought to myself how naive they are. Those words shouldn't be in the same sentence (or even paragraph) unless "not" is in between 'em. You can be the best rider in the world and be as cautious as you want to be, but that doesn't stop the unpredictables; other vehicles, potholes, people, etc.

/rant

Juss thought I'd share tongue.gif

Congrats on the buy!

While I know it's far from the safest mode of transportation, I don't think EVERYONE needs to meet the tar. Granted most of the people I know with bikes have. But at the same time every story I hear about has to do with being nothing short of retarded on the bike.

mbood82

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Apr 18 2006, 11:23 AM) View Post

If by classier you mean, older, slower, and purpler....

BTW, nice car.

It's pretty pimp, I must say.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Tell me that's not plain sexy....

It'll be up in Orono tomorrow.  If you ask nicely you may get to see it...

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbood82 @ Apr 18 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

Tell me that's not plain sexy....

It's not plain sexy... lol. Although for it's day, it's one bad ass car, I must say. Gotta love the T-Top.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »

305s are just 350s for dyslexics......

I was in your neck of the woods today and opted not to stop by. I figured youd get jealous of a real FBody. Mainly mine.

mbood82

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Apr 19 2006, 10:51 PM) View Post

305s are just 350s for dyslexics......

I was in your neck of the woods today and opted not to stop by. I figured youd get jealous of a real FBody. Mainly mine.

Just wait till you put yours up for winter again.  It will come out of hibernation with a 305/automatic combination while mine will interestingly enough have a 350/T56....

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbood82 @ Apr 20 2006, 10:36 PM) View Post

Just wait till you put yours up for winter again.  It will come out of hibernation with a 305/automatic combination while mine will interestingly enough have a 350/T56....

If you feel the need to chat this badyou could always hit me on AIM. Or call. Or email me as I sit at work bored all day designing "blade Headers" and "Shrouds" and manipulating graphics.

mbood82

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Apr 20 2006, 06:05 PM) View Post

If you feel the need to chat this badyou could always hit me on AIM. Or call. Or email me as I sit at work bored all day designing "blade Headers" and "Shrouds" and manipulating graphics.

you are never online anymore, nor am I usually actually able to e-mail at work as much anymore.  I think you hate me....  :-(

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thinking About A Bike
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbood82 @ Apr 22 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

you are never online anymore, nor am I usually actually able to e-mail at work as much anymore.  I think you hate me....  :-(

Im always online. What blasphemy you speak. Besides, drive your man magnet of a car up here and well go out for a drink. If youre lucky you can pick up a man while youre out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]