xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Remove The Copy Feature From A Game  (Read 23 times)

grifter66

• Archived User
How To Remove The Copy Feature From A Game
« on: March 15, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

Tired of not being able to take your favorite game save data Such as burnout 2 or 3, even DRIV3R

Well Fret no more

These instructions can be used by anyone with an
Action replay
Ftp to your X-box
or any other way you can get the save to your computer

Ok As of right now I can post up any save I have and have anyone that downloads it have it work yes even those who don't have modded systems For example I can have anyone here whether or not they a have a modded system take my Burnout 3 profile save and use it. You don't need a patch file or anyting else to get this to work. But what is needed is the people who are posting thier saves for other people use, need to edit them properly before posting them

I will explian in this topic how to get it so that the people that post up save can be used by anyone.
Ok you will need the actual save from the x-box to your computer I don't care what method you use or where you put it on your computer, as long as the save is on your computer
I will be using my BO3 with 3 prifiles in it as an example. but the proceedure used in this example is the one use with any save that has this problem (One being DRIV3R)

So lets start there: I will first explain to you how to locate the protection.
Once you locate the protection file I will proceed to explain how to go about removing it.
ONE IMPORTANT THING THAT YOU MUST NOT DO IS MOVE ANYTHING FROM WHERE IT IS....IF YOU START MOVING FILES AROUND, THE FILE WILL NOT WORK RIGHT. NOW UNLEES YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW TO PIECE THE FILE TOGETHER IT IS ADVISABLE TO ONLY OPEN CLASE AND SAVE THINGS ACCORDING TO TEH INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN BELOW.
I HAVE TESTED THIS ENOUGH I KNOW IT WORKS SO IF SOMETHING DOESN'T WORK AFTER YOU DO THIS THEN IT'S ONE OF 2 THINGS:
YOU EITHER HAVE A CORRUPTED FILE OR SOMETHING WAS PUT OR MOVED FROM WHERE IT WAS OR PUT SOMEWHERE IT SHOULDN'T BE

Now If anyone wants thin instructions on how to changes names with saves such as having Fable 1.01 read as your own name instead of fable 1.01 e-mail or PM me and I will explain to you how to do that if you don't know or want to know. If you say that you can handle it then I'm not going to question you. I'm not going to baby you by saying are you sure or crap like that. I'll just give you the instructions and your on your own. if your asking mne for that then it is going to be assumed that you know what your doing. So ask me if you want but those are my conditions

Once the save is on your computer
There should be a UDATA or zip folder on your computer
If it is zipped then unzip it
Three folders with a with a 12 character alpha-numeric label
Folder 1....57BD267AFF58
Folder 2....57BD267AFF59
Folder 3....57BD267AFF5A
and Three files titled
Datelinfo.xbx
SaveImage.xbx
TitleImage.xbx
TitleMeta.xbx

NOTE YOU WILL ONLY SEE THE Datelinfo.xbx IF YOU TRANSFRED THE SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER USING THE ACTION REPLAY
SaveMeta.xbx

This is the easy part
Following th instructions above to get to the SaveMeta.xbx
What you need to do is open that file.
Here is what I do:
1. I highlight the file and right click it
2. I go to open with
3. If the box that says always use this program to open these files has a check mark next to it uncheck it (Just click the box so that there is no check in it so that it is white)
4. Scroll until you find notepad
5. Open it with notepad
6. Once it is opened in note pad You will see this:
Name=Profile 1
NoCopy=1
7. What you want to de os delete the NoCopy=1
8. Now you have this:
Name=Profile 1
9. Once all that is done click file up in the top left corner
10. Highlight save ONLY DO NOT USE THE SAVE AS FEATURE! and save Click it
11. Once that is done close it by clicking X in the top right corner of notepad
12. Close all windows and then you are good to go

That's it! you now have a save that can be used by anyone! Just transfer you save back to your system and play

swarmer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

This seems like it would work and be a good idea...one question though.  In a Burnout 3 save would you be able to copy it and have it work on another xbox?  Or would you still have to have the EvoX trainer?

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

That's a really good question.
I'm 95% sure my way gets rid of needing the patch. I could be wrong though I just know the way I have described above allows you to be able to copy it to any normal memeroy unit by normal means.

I believe the way I have described above allows anyone to use anyones save provided the save is edited the way I have described it above. Because What this does is it gets it so it operates just like any other game save. Because allowing it to be transfred to a regular Memory unit should also allow the save to act like any other normal save

For example I used the above proceedure to my roomates BO3 profile.
After doing the above procedure

I can now take a regular run of the mill x-box memory unit and transfer the game save just like any other game now.

What I mentioned above gets it so that an game save that has no copy feature in it to be able to be copied  just like any other game save.

Yeah I know I'm the nuts!

Anyway let me know what you think!

Lets test this out... PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you my BO3 save that I did this with and see if this works

This post has been edited by grifter66: Mar 16 2005, 06:07 AM

brienj

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:25:00 AM »

For one, this "new" info you found has been around for almost two years.  LINK HERE

For two, you still have to resign saves that are locked to your HD Key to use them on another Xbox.  ;)

This post has been edited by brienj: Mar 16 2005, 04:26 PM

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

Are you sure about that?
The only reason I say that is because BO2 was like this and when the copy protection was removed it was playable on no matter what system I put it on DRIV3R was also another game that has this copy protection in it My profile for DRIV3R has been on the AR site for a while and people have downloaded it ahve been using it (I guess). But then again things change. I am in the middle of sending someone my Ninja Gaiden save that I did this to.
One other thing I want to point out is that My roomate started his BO3 Game on my sytem and I guess he has been using it on his now that the save was transfered back to his system.

So I don't know we will see.

gothi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

I can tell you now that if the game uses a no-roam signature the only way you'll get a save from one Xbox working on the other is to resign the save with your HDD key or swap the HDD from one Xbox to the other*, your method simply will not work.

That is of course if my memory serves me correctly and the no-roam sig is solely caluculated on the HDD and not the eeprom.