xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Just Bought My First Car  (Read 2042 times)

ktm300

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (ktm300 @ Aug 19 2004, 04:08 AM)

Fancy wing and muffler eh? Is it programmed to run with the different flowing exhaust, more than likely its not. There are alot of cars that have mods done to them that increase airflow with no reguards to rejetting the carb/ re-programming the comp. I bet there are atleast 8HP waiting to be realeased in your set up.

Any car's ecu should be able to handle a slight improvement in air flow. Do you think the car needs a different or reprogrammed ECU every time the weather changes? Or when you're at a higher altitude and the air is more thin?

Actually I do, I don't mess with ECUs too much because I am better at "breaking out the brass" I change jets for every 500 or so feet in elevation change, temp also is a major factor in the oxy content avail. Although this mostly applies to carbs, I guess they manufacturers have a broad range of operating conditions in mind and just set it for general performance.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »

Carbs are a bit different then ECUs these days. The ECU isn't always optimized for performance and factors in reliability and gas mileage for normal use. But in the end they are quite flexible in what they can deal with and handle. For the longest time I ran the KL03 ECU on my KLZE engine with the only ill effect being the VRIS points were in the wrong spots due to the ECU being set for the 03 Intake Mani. The full ZE ECU will clear that up but so will a simple and cheapoer VRtuner, both yielding the same dyno numbers. Actually the tuner allows you to really zero in on the proper points and sometimes can grab you an extra HP. It's 2 different engines with different flow characteritics. Higher compression pistons. More aggressive cams. Better flowing IM and Heads. Better exhaut Mani.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

smile.gif

Baner

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

sad.gif Why can't everyone just get along?
not one that is going to flip backwars at 50mph..

You got ripped.

omg dude buy a real car

First off you either need to ditch the wing... and makes it look incredibly homosexual. Second, don't try and race that POS, that little 4-banger is gonna get it's ass kicked in pretty much every race.

Nice car, escpecially for so cheap. I'm not into the ricing scene, but I'd rather look at a car without a wing then with, they neevr do seem to look right. Some tinted wondows, and some new rims/low profiles would make it look good(then again, i'm in a Ranger with 33'' Tires, so not sure my input means so much).

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

Im hoping to cram 34s under my soon to be Nissan. Going to the truck world is this whole different thing.

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Aug 19 2004, 08:12 AM)
It's not bad.  If it was mine, I'd ditch the tires and go for some low-pros.  I don't like the look of big wings but thats a personal thing.
And it doesn't look like you got ripped off, as long as it doesn't have over 230,000 kms. I don't know what lemon-aid says about Geo Storms mind you.  But that insurance is ridiculous.  Even for a teen with a mustang you wouldn't pay that.

Insurance is PL PD so It would be the exact same on a mustang

EDIT: I brought it over to my dads house, and he hooked it up to this thing, and it said that the car has 179 HP, so my estimation was very close,

and no, my moms civic does not have 200 hp According to consumer guide, it has between 103, and 127 hp, but im leaning towards the lesser horsepower one. Plus the car needs a tune up badly and isnt gona get one any time soon so it doesnt have nearly that much power

Nice car, escpecially for so cheap. I'm not into the ricing scene, but I'd rather look at a car without a wing then with, they neevr do seem to look right. Some tinted wondows, and some new rims/low profiles would make it look good(then again, i'm in a Ranger with 33'' Tires, so not sure my input means so much).

Thanks, Windows were actually pre-tinted when I bought it by a store called "Tints and Tunes" in moncton New Brunswick.
I am going to replace the wing with a much smaller one SHOWN HERE, that looks a LOT better, and rims will come, but not till insurance is paid off

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

I think a metallic wing will look so much worse then the black one. I'd remove it or stick with what you got rather then waste cash. As for 179 hp, not likely. My stock Probe only dynoed 148 whp.

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

tongue.gif)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

http://www.robiether..._92-93_GSi.html

There's everyone's specs. 140 BHP stock. I find a 60+ HP gain most dubius given the fact that  that represents nearly a 50% gain over stock HP.

fishlord

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 12:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (yaazz @ Aug 27 2004, 04:13 AM)
my moms civic does not have 200 hp According to consumer guide, it has between 103, and 127 hp, but im leaning towards the lesser horsepower one.

if it is an

if they are the same in 2000 as 2001 the EX and SI models have 127 (although different engines) and the LX and DX have the EX engine minus vtec rated at 103.

and while i am not really into the ricer scene i would have loved that car at 17... be proud of it...

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 05:42:00 AM »

I belive its LX

iLLNESS

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

smile.gif

a civic with that amount of horse power willl be wayyyyyyyy faster

my stock civic pushes 125hp (93 si)...
and will do 0-60 in just over 7 seconds which is slightly faster then your stock smile.gif

lets not forget the civic is just a 1.6L for that year (1.5 for some models)
if u see what im getting at

personally, i would never dump money into a geo.. i used to drive a 92 metro HB, i loved the car.. it was a pos but i loved it.. was my first car.. very reliable for a geo, and was carbed....

i wish i kept it.. woulda been a good car to learn shit on...

but i have to learn on my honda ohmy.gif

and personally, not to be rude, its a geo, the storm logo on the windshield should not be there, nor should the wing...
then again i say that about all cars

it really isnt hard at all to know what kind of car ur driving

hey look honey.. at the emblem on the front of the car.. its an H.. thats honda
i know baby... smile.gif
if u see what im getting at there

lol either way, u didnt do the stuff.. so nothing against you..
just whoever owned the car previously

a word of advice though.. dont drive the shit outta the car like its a 10 second car smile.gif it takes alot of turbo and engine mods to do that lol

fishlord

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (iLLNESS @ Sep 6 2004, 10:32 AM)

a civic with that amount of horse power willl be wayyyyyyyy faster

im not sure i follow the logic in that statement... a geo is probably a smaller car than a civic and that would lead me to believe that it would be lighter, and last time i checked if 2 cars have the same amount of power the lighter one is going to accerate faster.  

and i didnt catch what u meant with the badge on the front bit either.

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

tongue.gif)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5