xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Just Bought My First Car  (Read 2061 times)

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« on: August 13, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

I just bought my very first car, a riced up 1992 Geo Storm.
Its got all the fancy hoo hads like a wing, and a muffler, but this one has a nice paint job, and a nice interior paint job.
it has a brand new everything on it, and its just hella sweet, I love it

now if I could only scrounge together some insurance money and get it on the road ($2240 CDN for public liability  blink.gif )  

P.S.: look how pretty the landscape is, everyone who's a tourist should come to PEI

user posted image
user posted image

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (yaazz @ Aug 13 2004, 06:33 PM)
I just bought my very first car, a riced up 1992 Geo Storm.
Its got all the fancy hoo hads like a wing, and a muffler, but this one has a nice paint job, and a nice interior paint job.
it has a brand new everything on it, and its just hella sweet, I love it

now if I could only scrounge together some insurance money and get it on the road ($2240 CDN for public liability  blink.gif

P.S.: look how pretty the landscape is, everyone who's a tourist should come to PEI

user posted image
user posted image

lmfao now you need a crate of the new "The Dericer 2000™" omg dude buy a real car

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

First off you either need to ditch the wing.  It just sets the balance off on your car and makes it look incredibly homosexual.  Second, don't try and race that POS, that little 4-banger is gonna get it's ass kicked in pretty much every race.  

Joshis1

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

i dont really like the wing either... get some new rims too. just wonderin how old are you and how much was it?

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

Ouch guys, ouch.
I  only paid 1200 CDN, and im only 17. Im never going to race in the thing anyways, I just like it. Rice is a state of mind, and although my car has a little bit of power (it has twice as much as my moms 2000 Honda Civic)  its not a preformance car by any means and I know this. Its a sporty looking gas milage car and thats what I wanted smile.gif

I bought it like that and I dont car I heart the wing tongue.gif

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

to quote the Simpsons "I CANT GO ANY FASTER, ITS A GEO!!"

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

Being the owner of a Chevy Sprint I can say that small hp isnt as cripling in a light car. The Storm GSI wasn't a bad car. It has decent looks and gas mileage is becoming more and more     important lately. The wing being black, isn't that bad on the car. And it's your car anyway, so do as you like. I'd ditch the banner myself. I hate windshield banners. and at 1200 CDN, or 300 dollars American it's a hell of a cheap car. Congrats man. Enjoy and stick around.  

yaazz

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

i hate that damn banner too, it looks stupid as hell and limits where you can see on the Windshield

and to the person who quoted the simpsons, I thought the exact same thing... then I took it for a drive, ive never driven a car that handled as well as this thing does I was suprised! Then later I found out the car is a bastard child of the Isuzu Impulse sold under the Geo name to get rid of the horrible geo reputation, so go figure

Joshis1

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Aug 14 2004, 11:45 PM)
Being the owner of a Chevy Sprint I can say that small hp isnt as cripling in a light car. The Storm GSI wasn't a bad car. It has decent looks and gas mileage is becoming more and more     important lately. The wing being black, isn't that bad on the car. And it's your car anyway, so do as you like. I'd ditch the banner myself. I hate windshield banners. and at 1200 CDN, or 300 dollars American it's a hell of a cheap car. Congrats man. Enjoy and stick around.

yeah its not that bad of a car really especially for your age... by the way 1200CAD is about $910USD not $300

ktm300

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Aug 14 2004, 09:14 PM)
First off you either need to ditch the wing.  It just sets the balance off on your car and makes it look incredibly homosexual.  Second, don't try and race that POS, that little 4-banger is gonna get it's ass kicked in pretty much every race.

How will that small, but ugly wing make the car off balance? I am quite sure that the bias is towards the front anyways.

Fancy wing and muffler eh? Is it programmed to run with the different flowing exhaust, more than likely its not. There are alot of cars that have mods done to them that increase airflow with no reguards to rejetting the carb/ re-programming the comp.  I bet there are atleast 8HP waiting to be realeased in your set up.

Wings and mufflers arnt exactly the best performing parts, spend money on suspension, brakes and better tires and a paint job. Why was the interior painted? I dont think that you have 2x the power of a honda civic, just lighter with a better drivetrain.

xbox_freak!!

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

user posted image  laugh.gif

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

Please tell me you didn't really buy this car and you didn't claim it's sporty and you didn't claim it's double the HP of you're mom's civic. Civic has probably 100hp, and there's 200hp under there? You got ripped.

Never buy a riced car because it's been beat, and if it wasn't beat the car has visually molested something furious.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »

It's not bad.  If it was mine, I'd ditch the tires and go for some low-pros.  I don't like the look of big wings but thats a personal thing.
And it doesn't look like you got ripped off, as long as it doesn't have over 230,000 kms. I don't know what lemon-aid says about Geo Storms mind you.  But that insurance is ridiculous.  Even for a teen with a mustang you wouldn't pay that.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (ktm300 @ Aug 19 2004, 04:08 AM)

Fancy wing and muffler eh? Is it programmed to run with the different flowing exhaust, more than likely its not. There are alot of cars that have mods done to them that increase airflow with no reguards to rejetting the carb/ re-programming the comp.  I bet there are atleast 8HP waiting to be realeased in your set up.

Any car's ecu should be able to handle a slight improvement in air flow. Do you think the car needs a different or reprogrammed ECU every time the weather changes? Or when you're at a higher altitude and the air is more thin?

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Just Bought My First Car
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

If he is going to keep the wing then he needs to add something to the front (ie Front end Spoiler).  Something about the wing just doesn't fit the car as it is right now.  It is this pic that I am talking about.  The front end goes way up and it almost looks like there is a windtunnel that passes under the car.  

(IMG:http://pics.apartment808.com/users/yaazz/DSCF0154.JPG)

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Aug 20 2004, 10:40 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5