xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Map  (Read 69 times)

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
New Map
« on: April 04, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

does anyone know if it would be possilbe to add a new map to halo, say you patched the blood gulch map to look different, but you still would like to play the regular bg, instead of going through all the shit of deleting it then patching it again. could you just patch the map and add it to map select menu. that would be awsome.

Jigsaw

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

yeah, it didn't work.  I'll keep trying.  I think it might have something to do with the name on the third line of every map file's hex code.

onlyme

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »

done it !!!

i deleted bevercreek.map then copied and renamed the bloodgulch.map to bevercreek.map then opened the map in hexeditor and replaced bloodgulch with beavercreek and loaded halo started bevercreek and bloodgulch loaded.

[-MXB-]xmaniac

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »

so what line did you change in hex. maybe a pic or something with the line circled hehe anyways good job.

iwinulose

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

when u open a map with a hex editor the name of the map is at the top
ie. Bloodgulch, Beavercreek
all u have to do is switch the names around
if u want a edited bloodgulch instead of beavercreek all u got to do is switch the "Bloodgulch" a the top for "Beavercreek"
then put the map in the z or y folder (what ever u use)
and select beavercreek and bloodgulch (the edited one) should load

Jigsaw

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

I tried that onlyme.  I tried to replace ratrace with a modded bloodgulch, but no matter how hard I tried, it would just freeze at the loading level... screen.  I changed the name in the hex, and the filename... here's a pic of the part that I changed.  Is this the part that I change?  If so, I must be doing something wrong...
user posted image

onlyme

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

i'll have a go in the morning with replacing rat race and i'll post my findings

XBOX War3z

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

i got it to work i just took the bg.map and renamed it boardingaction.map and edited the he to boardingaction and it worked now i just use HCE to patch my new bloodgulch map. now if i could only change the picture

neonman

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »

im pretty sure that since the picture doesnt change when the level is different, it is in the ui.map.

Jigsaw

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

Well, I'm gonna try on beavercreek or boardingaction, because I cannot get it to work with ratrace.  Oh well.  Thanks for the help guys.  (I've gotten it to work on beavercreek before in the cache, but I still can't seem to get it to work in the compressed form.)

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
New Map
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jigsaw @ Apr 7 2004, 07:14 PM)
Well, I'm gonna try on beavercreek or boardingaction, because I cannot get it to work with ratrace.  Oh well.  Thanks for the help guys.  (I've gotten it to work on beavercreek before in the cache, but I still can't seem to get it to work in the compressed form.)

you dont need to compress it just leave it the way it is just change the hex values and rename it. then i would just use HCE to patch it works good.