xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Project Gotham 2 Super Enzo Video :)  (Read 165 times)

crobar

• Archived User
Project Gotham 2 Super Enzo Video :)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »

is it cool if we post the content of our modded ini's here?
ive been messing wiht a civic that out runs everything

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2003, 04:43:00 AM »

yeah crobar but start another thread, no one , not even the guy who started this thread is posting here
i havent had time to work on mine but i will.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

you should have started a different thread since this is not related to car modding, but ill give it a try

look for a replay.ini or something mentioning replays and look for an AA setting then make the frontend reflect the same .

also frontend.ini isnt for the game that im aware of, i havent really looked at it all that much.  frontend is mostly for menu's and stuff. thats what is meant by frontend  its the frontend of the game,, the menu's.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2003, 01:18:00 PM »

they fly when you dont have enough friction for the front and rear tires
also the damage setting too that effects it.
if you lower that to like 0 you can drive thru walls and stuff, which ends you up falling thru the map.lol.

and if you have a car that your happy with and drives good then post the ini file   thats what people have been asking for.
i posted my super mini in another thread, it was ok but still needed some work.
i had a super Supra but ended up screwing it all up so bad that the game wouldnt even load the car lol.
i havent had much time to alter any more cars but i will. soon.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »

wink.gif

also look at the engine breaking. i dont recomend changing it, but if you do dont change it much.  the engine breaking is how much the car slows down when you let off the gas, typically only a small adjustment is made otherwise the car will simple STOP and the back end of the car will go up in the air.
you can also change the weight transfer amount, and how the weight is transfered, again if you turn it up to allow the weight to be transfered to the rear ,, well guess what your car does wheelies .

over all just remember  turn up the torque,, the turning radius, the grip of the tires, the torque RANGE and Transmission gears. and the turbo and turbo rpms min and max, also turn up the starting rpms and idle rpms,, that way when you take off from the starting line the rpms will not fall way down,, they will sty high and thus stay within a high torque range and turbo range and really great take off power.
sorry i dont use the same "names" that the ini does but im sure once you get into the ini you will understand what im talking about.

the 'Super Supra' was insane, fastest take off,  super cornering, 0-150 mph in a VERY short amount of time, i just wish i could get the settings back,, i messed it up bad, lol.
it wobbled to much and i still havent been able to figure out what makes the cars stop wobbling.

keyamon

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2003, 03:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (Doubble07 @ Nov 21 2003, 07:45 PM)
Well I just made it so all the cars were 0 tokens and then I was just able to get them all that way.

Just go to the Frontend folder find Cars.Ini open it up in notepad or word or what ever then just find where it says tokens for each car and change it to 0 and for the bonus cars like the CLK-GTR find where it says BonusCar=1 and change that to a 0.

once you have done this, played the game and saved it,
do the cars stay unlocked if you use the same game save on your original copy??

vurx

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

i started doing this before i read this post - this is what i have done so far:

this allows you to add custom cars to races (cross class)

-- find a car style you like, i chose the speed 12
-- go to the Cache/Cars dir and copy the speed 12 files and rename them to "my car" (these are the model files) for the speed 12 there are only 2, leave the origional file extentions DO NOT DELETE THE SPEED 12 FILES
-- edit Frontend/Cars.Ini, copy the speed 12 section and paste it at the begining
---- change name value to "my car" (this is what it is called in the game)
---- change filename value to "my car"
---- leave manufacture alone, it gets the logo from this value
---- change Class = "$IDS_CLASS_14" to a lower number, like $IDS_CLASS_1 thru 14
---- i changed LeaderboardID to 980 (no idea what this does)
i added 13 more, 1 for each class, my custom car on each level, increment LeaderboardID for each

-- in CarDynamics copy Speed 12.Ini and rename it to "my car.Ini"
--- what ive changed in the ini
---- gripScale = 6.000
---- mass = 800.000
---- turboCharged = 1
---- peakTorque = 4000.000
---- revLimit = 10000.000
---- finalRatio = 1.050

something in this setup screws automatic trans, which is good because i cant get the computer to stop choosing my car to race with. if it could use all the gears, there is no way you will win.

-- learn manual trans --

the great thing about this is that you can edit one car and use it all over except arcade, that may get tedious.

i guess it is possible to add your own logos and stuff, i just wanted to see if it works and it does.

vurx

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »

oh and
CofGOffsetY = 0.100
CofGRatioZ = 0.400

keeps the car from tilting so much
Pages: 1 2 [3]