Scenyx Sites Forums > Garbage bin

Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem

(1/3) > >>

Mullan:
Okay, ive got the Shortbus version of halo 2, converted it to dvd5 and burned it. It burns succesfully, Evox recognises it as a game, it launches, then it says "the disc yyour using is dirty or damaged. My xbox is softmodded, does that make a difference? Any info will be greatly appreciated. :(

crustyteacup:
probably a bad burn, try burning at slower speed, and maybe a better media, don't be cheap on media. what dvd drive do you have in your xbox?

Mullan:
Thanks for the reply. The medias not the problem, nor is the burn speed. i tried both cheap and expensive disks. The wierd thing there is that on the expensive discs, the progress bar gets to 100% then fails. But the cheap discs burn succesfully. Both of them boot up but then give the dirty disk error. I've got a thomson drive, but i dont think thats the problem because i can play any burned game with it so far. Is it possibly something to do with the dvd5 patch? :uhh:

luigionlsd:
If it makes any difference, I've never been able to get the NTSC Halo 2 to backup correctly on DVD.  Sometimes when ripped to HD, the multiplayer maps don't load, but I've never been able to boot it from DVD+R... I was using Memorex DVD+Rs @ 4x speed, on a Samsung xbox drive.

jesterrace777:
QUOTE(luigionlsd @ Apr 17 2005, 05:30 AM)If it makes any difference, I've never been able to get the NTSC Halo 2 to backup correctly on DVD.  Sometimes when ripped to HD, the multiplayer maps don't load, but I've never been able to boot it from DVD+R... I was using Memorex DVD+Rs @ 4x speed, on a Samsung xbox drive.

That is because Samsungs don't get along with DVD+R.  You have to set the booktype to DVD-ROM in order to get it to work.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version