xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ekszbox Forzamod V1.2 (beta)  (Read 381 times)

ekszbox

• Archived User
Ekszbox Forzamod V1.2 (beta)
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »

I've been sitting on this one for a while, never really finished it.
Probably the last version, for anyone who cares:

V1.2 Changes
=============
- Muliple undo levels
- Find text dialog

Full source code to ForzaMod inc. ForzaPatch has been put up on sourceforge, as well as a library I created, which it makes use of:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ekszboxforzamod/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ekszbox-vcl/

KM

pez2k

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »

Nice one, I can't stop myself from going back to Forza every now and then, and there's always something that annoys me as I'm fussy about racing games. Forza is better than its sequel for the sole reason that the first is moddable with this tool. Someone still cares. tongue.gif

wout

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

hey, tool works great, much better easier and faster than the one before,

i got only 1 problem, i pathched the default.xbe and changed some lines in the cars.ca2 svaed it and placed the Modcars.ca2 and the patched default.xbe into the same folder but i wont see any changes into the game, but i know for sure that the lines are changed in the modcars.

hope some one can help me out,

greetz!

This post has been edited by wout: Jun 10 2008, 12:59 PM

ekszbox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »

Thanks wout,
Maybe you didn't make any edits to the ca2 which were discernable.
To make sure the game is loading the patched ca2 remove modcars.ca2 and run the game, if it fails then it's a problem with the ca2.

wout

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 04:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(ekszbox @ Jun 17 2008, 12:22 AM) View Post

Thanks wout,
Maybe you didn't make any edits to the ca2 which were discernable.
To make sure the game is loading the patched ca2 remove modcars.ca2 and run the game, if it fails then it's a problem with the ca2.

hey,

the problem is solved there was next to the default.xbe, an file that keep backing up the origional default.xbe in to the folder, once i removed this file was the problem solved.

greetz

Dasayka

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

I think u shud finish it thats a nice app, it makes the game much more fun to play i wonder if theres a way to make ur own tracks, hopefully forza 2 and 3 will be mod able in the furture forza 2 sound and looks much more realistic so thats means more fun if it was modable. Big up.

happykillmore

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »

I tried with the tracks for awhile then got bored n went to Halo 3... I found the track textures. The MegaXPR.ca2 is funner to mod. Custom rims! They're hard to mod though, you have to make the motion blur correctly always it looks dumb.

I would look for the track model but 3d models aren't really my thing. If someone would like to help with it I'm down for it. I would love to make the test track ridiculously long. The next problem with custom tracks is the spawn points for the car (eg. starting line and when your car respawns.)

Vlln

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »

Ok I just joined XS today for this simple reason.

I hope this gets attention since it looks like the Forza forum has been dead for some time now.

Which one of those two do I download. the binary or svn?

Also, this is a great app. Dont give up on doing things for forza. I really wish I could add my own cars in it somehow rather than just keep making the same ones look different.

Questions:

You suggest running this off of HDD right?

I mean I made one disc just to see how things went on a DVD-RW and the game wouldnt load past one of the first loading screens. Then I gave it a another shot and it worked.

Also, what exactly are those lines you speak of in the Peugeot category or what have you? Are they for your own set of cars you made? I just for the hell of it put that on the disc and nothing looks as if it changed.

Also, I noticed the read me but I feel like Im doing something wrong. Can anyone give me a more simplified step by step on how to do this with more detail then following on how to make the custom stuff like tire size and wheel size and god damn it I wanna get rid of the WRX's wing already!!!

Thanks anyone that replies!!!

Shonen

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »

Awesome job, Eksz.  Looking forward to trying this out.  Keep up the awesome work!

I would look for the track model but 3d models aren't really my thing. If someone would like to help with it I'm down for it. I would love to make the test track ridiculously long. The next problem with custom tracks is the spawn points for the car (eg. starting line and when your car respawns.)

As far as I know, there aren't any track-data extracters, but I too would be interested.  The respawn points and finish lines aren't that big a deal I think, just having a long, smooth straight with 0 wind will be much better for the top speed tests.

You suggest running this off of HDD right?

Yeah, much easier to run off the hdd instead of having to reburn DVD+-RW's all the time.

Also, I noticed the read me but I feel like Im doing something wrong. Can anyone give me a more simplified step by step on how to do this with more detail then following on how to make the custom stuff like tire size and wheel size and god damn it I wanna get rid of the WRX's wing already!!!

I have also tried getting rid of the STi's wing, but have also tried transplanting the Spec-C wing onto the standard STi (friend owns a Spec-C, and wanted to drive 'his car' in the game, lol).  Turns out, if you add the Spec-C wing to the list of buyable parts (pretty much copy paste into the upgrades section), the wing disappears when you select it, or at least it did on my game.  Might wanna give that a try.

ps. I can vouch for the original Forza players, you are a god to us Ekzs.  Mastered the game and was just about to put it to rest when I saw your tool, and instantly found the game twice as appealing when I raced a 333SP with the Enzo engine (1000+hp tuned, god tier?) and that was before I started doing hilarious stuff with 30" rims.  Thanks for all your hard work, but I understand if it's not becoming feasible for you anymore.

pps. I can never spell Eksz's name correctly the first time, lol

ekszbox

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »

Thanks a lot for the support, glad to know I'm a god, although I wish I felt like one smile.gif
The main reason I created this program, was because I didn't appreciate that certain elitist people bragged about hacking the game, but wouldn't release a tool.. That kind of thing just p*sses off the scene/people, so I wanted to get back wink.gif
Glad some of you have gotten good use/joy out of my revenge app.
Anyway it was great fun, and thanks to the people who helped/supported me along the way.

KM

pez2k

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

Good use? It's the one reason I keep my Xbox plugged in, I'd have gotten tired of Forza long ago otherwise.

For the people wanting to remove wings, check this topic. I never did get around to listing the manufacturer logos however.

Also, would there be any interest in a compilation of tweaks made with this tool? I spent some time rebalancing the supercars, adding omitted modifications, fixing inaccuracies etc.

One example modification is the Saleen S7. I lowered the seemingly excessive downforce, rewrote the engine config as the torque curve was completely incorrect, then added the factory twin-turbo upgrade that makes 750hp @ 6psi, and a transmission upgrade with the S7TT's ratios. Unfortunately, the torque with the TT upgrade is slightly more than the real car makes, but otherwise it should be accurate.
Another example is the Merc-McLaren SLR. It now features the Brabus exhaust upgrade for 660hp, to which you can add parts to reach Renntech's two kits of 722hp and 740hp. The upgraded wheels are now 20", with width and tyre profile based on Renntech's standard SLR upgrade. It's also possible to cut more weight than before from the car, down to the 1350kg of the SLR 722 GT. Put together, these let the SLR keep up with the newly twin-turbocharged 612 Scaglietti (the kit based on Koenig's 550 Maranello system, making ~840hp) and the CL65 (which can be upgraded to Carlsson, Brabus or Renntech specification, or a 900hp combination of the three).
An example of the expanded engine swaps is the 2005 Mustang GT, which will now take all of the various Ford Modular blocks in Forza, from the 385hp naturally aspirated 5.4 to Koenigsegg's 655hp twin-supercharged 4.7. Also, all of the Mazda rotaries will fit in place of any other rotary, for example a Renesis-powered FC RX7 or an RX8 with a 13B-REW.
There are also tons of minor tweaks, such as making the Infiniti G35 and Nissan Skyline 350GT more identical (as they are the same car) and making the pre-02 and post-02 MR2 more different (as the later car has a six-speed, but both cars can have one fitted along with a 2ZZ motor from the Celica).

Enough of the wall of text, I need to write a concise changelog some time. The only problem I have is that the current ModCars.ca2 dates back to the first release of this tool, and for some reason has randomly swollen to 8mb (with the occasional 4mb version), gives a message of 'Decompression Error: Output Buffer Too Small' before each (successful) opening, and has decided to blank all files relating to the WRX STi Spec-C. Fortunately, I don't drive it, but if someone else wants the edits, I'll see if adding my modified XMLs to a fresh Cars.ca2 with 1.2 works.