xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Car And Batmobile  (Read 155 times)

Andix

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« on: July 15, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

Hi guys. I made this two car for forza motor sport and I shoot some screen shot. I would show them here, but I can't link them...Where Can I upload the photo's? Thanks

metaldevil

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

Sign up with imageshack, photobucket or some other image host. It's free. Upload your pictures to their server. Then just type this [ img ]the url of your picture[ /img ] without the spaces in the bracketed commands to have the picture show up in the forum.

Andix

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jul 15 2005, 06:19 PM)
Sign up with imageshack, photobucket or some other image host. It's free. Upload your pictures to their server. Then just type this [ img ]the url of your picture[ /img ] without the spaces in the bracketed commands to have the picture show up in the forum.

Yes i know how, only i've tried a lot of uploading site, and when i link here it doesn't work, imageshack too but with no photobucket. Now I try, thanks ;)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

X-S now seems to block links to imageshack (X-S's parser rewrites the URLs so they don't work) - no idea why uhh.gif

Andix

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Jul 15 2005, 11:16 PM)
X-S now seems to block links to imageshack (X-S's parser rewrites the URLs so they don't work) - no idea why :uhh:

I've seen....So, where Can I upload?

metaldevil

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

No kidding? It's probably because imageshack has a higher file size limitation and it takes some users' dial-up connections a lot longer to load the pages with imageshack pix on them. They have a 1MB limit for their free service for each picture. Makes sense, no? You can try photobucket, but they have more restrictive file size limits (250k, I think). I use them for my sig and a few pics here and there. You can also start up a simple site on geocities or something, and have those guys host your files for you. I'm not sure about their limitations, but I do think that they require you to do something with your site now and again or they shut it down due to inactivity. That's the downside about being free. Someone on the Graphix forum mentioned something about http://www.bravenet.com/ being the best free webhost. Don't know from experience, but it couldn't hurt to check out.

Edit: I just thought of something. You can convert your JPG into a GIF to save space, and photobucket will have no problem hosting a 640x480 pic for you. They won't even shrink it, because I doubt you'll exceed 200k with a 640x480 GIF. There's a large drop in quality (only 256 colors), but we'll still be able to make out your cars without a problem. smile.gif

Andix

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »

metaldevil

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

I see what you mean, but now it seems bravenet has the linking ass-itch. I can't even see the pics when I copy/paste the pictures' urls into my address bar. mad.gif  Man, I really wanna see that Spidey car. I suggest trying photobucket again. Make sure your JPGs are smaller than 250k or PB will shrink them for you. That's who does most of my hosting. I'm still looking for a better solution outside of making my own site. PB seems to be the most all-around used image host, but it's definitely not the best. I know photobucket works because they are hosting my sig as you read this. Let me try something with photobucket. Here is the exact line of code that I used to make this image appear as you see it. Don't be offended, I'm not doing this to make you feel dumb. I just can't see there being a problem with photobucket, so it must be that you missed a command or entered a space or something. I don't know why photobucket pictures show up for everyone else that use it but not for you. unsure.gif I know it sounds like I'm being a dick, but trust me, I'm not. smile.gif

CODE

user posted image

Dagoth

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 07:50:00 AM »

my images are stored on imageshack with no problems, you just have to use the correct url to display them

user posted image

http://img301.echo.c...snap00998xh.jpg

if you use the img.echo.cx url it works ok

metaldevil

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dagoth @ Jul 16 2005, 10:01 AM)
my images are stored on imageshack with no problems, you just have to use the correct url to display them

I knew it had to be something being caused by the user. That's good to know, Dagoth. Thanks. :)

Andix

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

user posted imageuser posted image

I hope this works...Visit games. modding. xbox - tribe. com for download DDS files

metaldevil

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

Great job on the cars, Andix.

Dagoth

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

Nice job on the 360  beerchug.gif

Andix

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dagoth @ Jul 16 2005, 06:43 PM)
Nice job on the 360  :beer:

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jul 16 2005, 04:19 PM)
Great job on the cars, Andix.

Thanks  :)

Triflo61

• Archived User
Spider Car And Batmobile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Hey Nice Cars ,,, Question It ,,, How Do You Paint Ur Cars Like That Lemme Know PLZZZZ Is It A Mod Or ??? Help Thanks Keep The Good Painting Up