xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Forza.motorsport Nos  (Read 652 times)

sobman

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(therealmikeg @ Jun 20 2005, 02:29 PM)
NOS, turbos, and superchargers don't add HP.  They add torque, but whatever.

brienj

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(mcnabb06 @ Jun 20 2005, 10:09 PM)
But on Topic, Its funny how you can put NOS decals and StreetGlow decals but none of thats includeed in the game.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »

racing stripes add extra 5hp!!!!! tomfg! stupidly over modified cars are shit

brienj

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »

wink.gif

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(therealmikeg @ Jun 20 2005, 09:29 PM)
NOS, turbos, and superchargers don't add HP.  They add torque, but whatever.

iLLNESS

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

wink.gif

im exxagerating of course, but nos costs $$$... turbo is like free hp

supercharge if u dont like lag.. fuck nos

Ronu

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

grr.gif . You guys have been watching Fast and The Furious too much

actually iLLNESS, nitrous isn't all that expensive compared to forced induction. Forced induction pressurizes air and jams it into your engine. This isn't as safe as nitrous either. Giving your turbo or supercharger too much psi will result in blowing your motor (which believe it or not i have seen done alot more times then someone blowing their motor using nitrous). Nitrous is safe and won't hurt your motor if you use it in moderation. A 70 shot will hardly hurt a motor unless you decide to use it whle you drive around town. Stop watching Fast and The Furious and go get some knowledge about how cars work. Until you do that don't talk anymore biggrin.gif

Sphinx8821

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

OK howabout we stick to the topic subject here people?

Conclusion: If you want NOS, add it yourself by finalizing the code, or wait for NFSU:Most Wanted. (Which IMHO looks entertaining, due to the cops being back)

End of story.

deacon187

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Jun 24 2005, 04:02 AM)
lol 70hp instantly..

CB Havoc

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

Nitrousoxide allows for more fuel to be burned = more ponies

Hoogabooga

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

my pink geo metro had No2

weeeeeeeeeee

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(loki @ Jun 8 2005, 08:52 AM)
its kinda funny though...the game has everything BUT nos... i dont get it.. most pimped out cars around here have nos systems in it... it ads a good 70+ hp and totally eliminates turbo lag... but..whatever
I beg your pardon? First of all it's not called "turbo lag". The name is load pressure delay.

NOS doesn't have anything to do with the turbo so what you're saying is plain bs.

The only way to keep the load pressure constant is to keep the rpm up while gearing.

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Jun 24 2005 @  04:02 AM)
turbo lag? well theres only turbo lag if u cant shift... and have too big of a turbo
Correct.

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Jul 23 2005, 08:14 AM)
i dont know much about superchargers and turbos, but i asked a mechanic what was that noise i hear when a wrx goes down the street when shifting gears and it was the blowoff valve that he said eliminates the lag from turbos when shifting gears
The common name is dump valve, and it doesn't eliminate the need to re-establish the load pressure between gear shifts. A dump valve releases overpressure.

beige

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

"Turbo Lag" and "Blow-off valve" are commonly accepted terms, so you don't have to nitpick.
And nitrous decreses load pressure delay by incresing the amount of exhaust (more air from the nitrous burning the extra fuel = more exhaust), increaseing exhaust pressure to accelerate the impeller bringing it up to speed faster. While it's not "totally eliminating" turbo lag in the physics sense, it's possible to reduce it to the point of it not being an issue.

A dump valve can reduce compresser impeller loading from overpressure which can lower the impeller speed from the resistance. (no exhaust moving the exhaust impeller with a greater load on the intake impeller tends to slow the turbo down), Which means less effort to get impeller speed back up (since it didn't drop as much) causing less load pressure delay.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

Since load pressure delay is a a result of lost load pressure while gearing you're telling me that using NOS while gearing would reduce the delay. Haha. Keep it up...

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Forza.motorsport Nos
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

You don't have load pressure delay while driving the car with an engine that has rpm, so more exhaust as a result of NOS will not affect the non-existing load pressure delay.

It is when you release the throttle that the engine rpm decreases, resulting in less exhaust so the turbo pressure drops. You don't have to be a race car driver to understand that while keeping the engine rpm up while gearing you eliminate load pressure delay, simply because the load pressure doesn't fall.

Unless you use NOS while shifting gears, when the rpm drops instead of keeping the rpm up with the pedal, NOS will not have any on load pressure delay - yet I wonder how long your engine would last with NOS between each gear shift...

Does Loki's post look edited to you (?) it sure doesn't look edited to me.
Stop trolling the forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3