xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus  (Read 10381 times)

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »

Well, alright then.
Hell, I like seeing the splash. It honors the creators, but also since there is a nice image of the system and sort in the background, it gets me inspired to play. smile.gif I think that image is very important to put you in the reminiscent mind set and put you in the realm of the system you select. And like I said, it all looks good with the text as a nice intro.

extravagant animation that people must watch thousands of times before they play some classic games.
I wouldn't say it is over extravagant at all, but, if you really want to get past all that extravagant nonsense, forget about the useless video's and artwork too.

You can load up good old nester and select from your plain list of roms.

come think of it, back in the day I don't know why they had to make me plug in the power, plug in the controller, plug in everything else, grab a game, put in a game, and turn it on, just to play a game...!? In fact... why do I even have to move buttons... or use my brain...? ahh...forget it...
 rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

I knew Madmab is a true atari encyclopedia laugh.gif
Have you tried the new "famous" splash screen?
Do you prefer the new one or the old one? You are the boss,
Personally i prefer the new one, yeah i like the big green text! (it's the greenish/yellowish Xbox color from the official logo) If you wondering why the splash screen text is greenish/yellowish rolleyes.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

Haven't tried the new skin yet Gilles, but I checked out the image for yours and my name and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Great work man.

Later,
~Rx

sotu

• Archived User
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

For what it's worth.  

I also appreciate seeing the Madmab/Gilles9999 splash screen when I load up a .Cut.  As MegaMan said, it's a nice tribute to the creators and those who have put in the work to make it all happen.  Although I can see both points of view I'm happy to have it just the same.  Kind of a little commercial advert to let you know who's responsible for the bad ass experience you're about to have.

But in the end I know that things are always a work in progress with our crew which is BIG!  Especially since our boxes have been "Dead" for some years now.  

Way to go fellas.  

I continue to set up my museum with custom box art as I try to track down the Highest def images I can and photoshop them to correct the levels etc.  It's time intensive and it's definitely taking a toll but who on earth has my setup... no one.  

I'll share it eventually when it's all done.... lol if that day ever comes.  Seems like as soon as I think I'm getting close to done I find another hundred or so new games on some "Best Of" list.  Which is how I try to determine whats worth .Cutting and what's not since at this point I'm honoring games I've never played but apparently others appreciate.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #394 on: June 01, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »

Great to hear Sotu.  

There's so much that could be done with XBMC and the emulation experience, it's a shame we don't know a coder to implement them.  I hope one day we see a favorites list within XBMC that would allow the user to view "Best Of" lists for multiple systems, instead of the individual favorites lists we will be limited to within the emulators themselves.  I would like to see a top notch sort/filter feature for it to where you could search for any text string and then narrow it down by category if you'd like.

In lieu of that, making .CUT directories with the lists in them would be the way to go.  Is that what you're doing now?

Hey Gilles,

Thanks for the links.  I'm glad I didn't do anything with the old 4-in-1 images yet.  Thanks for getting the update out there so quick so I didn't do double work.

I'll eventually get your new "Credits" sprite in all of the skins I have on my end and update the testing thread as I'm integrating the new stuff.

This is the way we should do it from now on until we know we're complete.  Full packs of the changed or new images like these.  I suggest we forget about uploading skin updates now until we know we're not adding anything else.  Then you and I can upload our versions of all of the skins, and see if we want to change them at all, and possibly finally get our work merged together after it got off course.

It's much easier just downloading the new images for me, so if you could continue doing it this way, you'll save me a few weekends of merging work.

Any new skins, we'll put right up on the main page, but the ones we have out there are great as-is (unless at some point you feel the need to update them because of a new feature madmab added).  

Later,
~Rx

EDIT:  Nevermind Gilles.  I didn't know it was the newest NES skin.  I thought it was a pack of all the 4-in-1 images with the updated splash screen.   It would be cool though if you kept them together and uploaded the pack when you were done. wink.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #395 on: June 01, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

Also Gilles, Madmab...

Are we able to control the SFX volume yet, or do we plan to in the future?  We should probably have that on the helpscreen as well.  I think we should also have the control for in-game music as well.   Maybe we should put a "(in-game)" tag at the end of it to specify this control only works when the game is being played.

Just want to figure that out now since I'm integrating images into all of the skins for my testing.  I don't want to put this image in all of them if it's not the final image.  (It looks great by the way Gilles)

Also..... looking WAY into the future here, perhaps we should make a separate image which has a note on it saying that the controls may not all work if the system is locked down.  I see four things now at least that may not work depending on what level of system lockdown is enabled (Music Control Menu, Move to Garbage, Delete All Saves, Add-Delete Favorites).

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #396 on: June 01, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »

Take a look in the latest beta when your "In game" you will see a nice little new text at the top showing the SFX and CD audio volume.  They can be changed in there.

Looks like all I need to do is run thru the cheat database code and clean up a few issues with the in game screenshot and some non centering (sounds like an old issue) text.

With all the delays caused by my sending the wrong pre beta beta, being out of town, and xbox-scene being down I may just release the pre beta once I run thru those little quirks and worry about the favorites list later.  

I still need to discuss some stuff that came up with you guys that I realized in light of the recent suggestions (letting the user set the order).

Gilles... as far as splitting up the rumble codes I'm not sure how easy that will be, but maybe I can do something where if the user presses something (back maybe?) in the game list screen that it will alternate between listing codes with/without rumbles..?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »

Hmmmmm.... isn't the sound effects in the menus?  I thought it was how loud moving the cursor and selecting stuff was.  If that's the case, why would you control it in-game?  

Am I wrong about what SFX is?

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »

Like I said... I could always add a menu option to "view codes with rumble activated" or something like that and just filter out the non rumbles.  But as far as physically splitting the information up, that would be a little more difficult.

ResX... SFX is the emulator volume.  I put it ingame because it is easier for the user to see how the change affected the volume of the currently played game.  There is no volume control for the menu sounds.

Shadow_Dog

• Archived User
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

Okay, I'm using this awesome skins but I got a question. How do you get the previews?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »

Video Previews?

They don't work on any released version of XPORT's SNES yet.  Only screenshots/artwork for now.  

It will be updated though.  

Tons of work needs to be done first.

~Rx

Shadow_Dog

• Archived User
« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

Also, is it possible to have all the updated skins on 1 page? Because it's pretty confusing trying to find the latest version of the skin.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #402 on: July 04, 2009, 07:49:00 AM »

Maybe i should just delete all the links/pics here and let Gilles keep all the new stuff on his thread at atariage?

I could put the link in the top thread.

Sorry everyone, but I haven't been keeping up on this with all the stuff changing all the time.  Truth be told I'd probably have a hard time figuring out what was new at this point myself.

What do you think?

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2009, 04:18:00 AM »

Yeah it does get a little confusing when there are multiple places to look.  I say just provide the link.  It would be no different than if he had his own website that you were linking..

Plus if you want for my stuff you can link my "New Releases Thread, Updates and notes on emus and skins..." thread as well.  I'm almost always updating that as a central location and then I usually post whatever I was doing to whatever thread it applies to over here.  Well at least the stuff I do that I don't mind being public.  laugh.gif

westcoastloc

• Archived User
« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »

Love the skins! Im having difficulty figuring out where to put the boxart though? I went to default directories and setup the videos correctly. But I cant figure out the boxart. How do I point the emulator to my boxart?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30