xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Capture Video Of Games?  (Read 231 times)

snowbound

• Archived User
How Do You Capture Video Of Games?
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

I am trying to capture some video of a game in ArnoldX and having problems. I start the game, then pause and go into utilities and then into the section for starting a recording...it gives me a prompt (hit Y to start recording or B to cancel) I hit Y then go back into the game...at top of screen it says it has started recording. I play the game a few seconds, then come out and go to utilites again and follow procedure for stopping the recording. The recording is stopped and saved to I beleive state 1? How do I play the video? I am not even sure where or if it has even saved the video. When playing whatever is in state 1, all I get is a "save state" and not a recorded video. Am I doing something wrong.?

robot2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »

if you need the video for other options, your easiest bet is to run the xbox into your vcr or dvd recorder or pc capture card and record the signal that way

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

I don't know what's happening there, but before you attempt to spend more time on the issue, I just want to make you aware that the movie playback will only work in ArnoldX since all it's recording is the controller data.  It feeds the recorded controller data back into a save state in ArnoldX.  If you were looking to have some kind of an AVI file that you could play on your computer, you can't do that other than by doing what the previous poster mentioned.

snowbound

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »

Ok cool. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.