xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stepmaniax V12  (Read 438 times)

Ekks-Box

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

Hey, I'm making a Xbox base ITG2 machine, just for fun, using v12 and I'm having trouble with getting the noteskins to work... it just crashes on me at the load screen before the song... what should I do? I know the noteskins I have are for PC version 3.9 (I tested and confirmed they all work for PC but apparently not Xbox.

ragaar, try different drive letters until it picks it up... I'm pretty sure that StepMania isn't the litteral 'emulation' but a DDR 'emulation' so try D:\ first if it doesn't work then try others. Since I'm making a ITG2 machine I only have to worry about ~150 songs, so it's not a size problem or a loading problem

This post has been edited by Ekks-Box: Jun 20 2006, 07:38 PM

RiouTheBrightShieldHero

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Anyone know how to resize the screen?

Ekks-Box

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiouTheBrightShieldHero @ Jun 20 2006, 03:17 PM) *

Anyone know how to resize the screen?

Options -> Center Screen

Ming3r

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

Alrite, I'm sure this has been asked before, just havn't seen it...

Would it be possible to reenable videos - I mean, I know Xport said that it took up quite a bit of RAM, but did it affect gameplay heavily?

Sorry, I'm just too used to the psychadellic backgrounds... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But...thanks XPort for porting this in the first place

makerfreak

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

Hello im a noob but all things aside i got a question about the music wheel its still skipping for me even in version 12, i seen a post to turn off banners in the options but when i go to options,graphic options there is not banner on off toggle ,btw Xport thanks for this port its amazing! Also about the music wheel at first it was a mild skip later on after adding about 50 songs ,nothing else added ever, its skipping and then locking up any help here would be the greatest! Thanks!

makerfreak

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

Sorry for double nevermind i figured out all i needed was a complete reinstall and to delete the save data thanks anyway and btw both the stepmania creators and xport rocks out thanks!

gobblev

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

I just spent a great deal of time getting StepmaniaX v12 to load several song packs and noticed some interesting things about what can cause (non-memory related) lock ups when caching songs.  The problems usually stem from the image files.

1.) If the song folder has multiple image formats, a caching lock up will occur.  This happened with several songs that contained two background images; One in jpg and another in png.  It also occurs if, considering the banner and background, one is jpg and the other is png.

2.) If the folder contains image files and none of their filenames contain the text "bg" or "background", a caching lock up will occur.  I guess StepmaniaX is parsing the filenames of image files to find the background and locks up if it doesn't find one with that text.  Note however, if the folder does not contain any image files, the song will cache properly.

3.) If an image file has an incorrect extension, a caching lock up will occur.  I guess some song authors thought renaming that "banner.png" file to "banner.jpg" converted the image to a jpg.  Since you can't visually tell if this has been done, consider this possibility last.  If all the images in the folder are the same image type and the background image is labelled properly and StepmaniaX still locks up when caching the song, this is probably the issue.  Just open all the image files with your favorite image editing software, re-save them (make sure to use the same file type for them all) and delete the old images.

This post has been edited by gobblev: Jul 14 2006, 12:21 AM

unleashdomainx

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

AHHH Freezes at dance loading!

law56ker

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

Hi xport I just tried stepmaniax for the first time and I have to thank-you for your great work. It's nice to be able to have the ability to use such a great customizable ddr game on the xbox. Thanks

tim1210

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

Yea I'm having the same problem with the cache screen freezing up, it has to do with the image files NOT THE MEMORY, and I was kind of frustrated with the fact that Xport refuses to listen to these claims and just assumes its the memory b/c when i delete the image files, the song no longer locks up.... so yea, ITS THE IMAGES. And like that other guy said, this is weird b/c all of the songs with these image files cached FINE in StepmaniaX v5, and not when i upgrade to v 12 i find that the even less songs are compatible.

Either way, Xport Rox for making stepmaniaX v5, ive been using it for a while and its better than ddr cuz of all the features, i just wish the image problem could be fixed cuz i really dont feel like having half of the songs imageless, so like idk whatever worked to cache the v5 version should be put in the v12 to fix it rite?

thanks

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 02:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(tim1210 @ Jul 24 2006, 07:43 PM) *

Yea I'm having the same problem with the cache screen freezing up, it has to do with the image files NOT THE MEMORY, and I was kind of frustrated with the fact that Xport refuses to listen to these claims and just assumes its the memory b/c when i delete the image files, the song no longer locks up.... so yea, ITS THE IMAGES. And like that other guy said, this is weird b/c all of the songs with these image files cached FINE in StepmaniaX v5, and not when i upgrade to v 12 i find that the even less songs are compatible.

Either way, Xport Rox for making stepmaniaX v5, ive been using it for a while and its better than ddr cuz of all the features, i just wish the image problem could be fixed cuz i really dont feel like having half of the songs imageless, so like idk whatever worked to cache the v5 version should be put in the v12 to fix it rite?

thanks

I discovered this issue as well....the fix was simple enough, and i can't fault the simulator for it this time, though i have found fault in Xport's save system.

go into each song that causes problems and convert all the images to jpg.  replace and rezip, and the songs should work fine agian.

did anyone ever figure out why dancers sometimes start in random places?

Ming3r

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »

Does anybody know why the arrows are too far over to the right? On player 2's, the Right arrow is barely visible. I have it set to standard (opposed to widescreen/letterbox).

Thanks

combustolux

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

where might i be able to download this?

orochi man

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

hey is there a way to change the keys without using a key board??

enderandrew

• Archived User
Stepmaniax V12
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(combustolux @ Aug 16 2006, 08:57 PM) *

where might i be able to download this?

I'll gladly answer that question after you read the forums rules.
Pages: 1 [2] 3