xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Neogeo Emulator?  (Read 108 times)

hogfan

• Archived User
Neogeo Emulator?
« on: January 21, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

Is there not a ported Neo Geo emulator?  I thought Mame would work for this, but it doesn't recognize half my games.  These games run fine on the PC using NeoRagex.  Any chance that this could ever be ported if the author allows it?

Brouhaha

• Archived User
Neogeo Emulator?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

This doesn't have anything to do with XPort's projects. The question should've been posted in the emulation forum.

Anyway, there are 2 NeoGeo emulators for xbox: KawaX and FBAxxx.  Have a look at them, they work perfectly good.

supersonic87

• Archived User
Neogeo Emulator?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(hogfan @ Jan 21 2005, 06:25 PM)
Is there not a ported Neo Geo emulator?  I thought Mame would work for this, but it doesn't recognize half my games.  These games run fine on the PC using NeoRagex.  Any chance that this could ever be ported if the author allows it?

and if you actually read, then you'll find out that neo geo games work perfectly fine on mameox, the only problems you'll have is with the latest games, which you really shouldn't be using. And i'll have a rough guess you own no neo geo games

This post has been edited by supersonic87: Jan 21 2005, 08:39 PM

The Noob

• Archived User
Neogeo Emulator?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

They do work on Mameox provided you use vm. Read the faqs on the subject in the latest Mameox.

wacco

• Archived User
Neogeo Emulator?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 05:53:00 AM »

Of course you need the NeoGeo bios as well.

chintimin

• Archived User
Neogeo Emulator?
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

At present, I can't find a port of NeoRageX for the Xbox. However, MameOX, Kawa-X and FBA-X will serve you, PROVIDED you are not using special (for example, undecrypted) versions of the NeoGeo games.

Versions of the rom zips made for Mame will work on any of the above emulators, but there are whole collections of roms that only work for NeoRage.

Actually, I'm looking for a workaround for this as well, as I have a very large collection of NeoRage neogeo roms I'd like to play in the living room. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oh, and yeah, you'll need the neogeo bios images. usually findable if you look up neogeo.zip on google. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by chintimin: Nov 5 2006, 08:12 PM