xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pcsxbox - Psx Emulator For Xbox V21  (Read 1193 times)

madmab

• Archived User
Pcsxbox - Psx Emulator For Xbox V21
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 05:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lipo @ Jul 1 2010, 04:34 AM) *

im having some trouble when plaing metal gear solid n VR mission using pcsxbox 21
they both work ok on v20,
but when im using v21 with the same setting it just show black screen before nuclear FMV play after beating revolver ocelot  samethiing with VR mission before fmv intro & video gallery
anyone having similar problem???
hope it can be fixed on next release:)
thanks

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=238506&st=960&p=4304181&#entry4304181

netokl

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »

very cool madmab smile.gif
cant wait to try the next pcsxbox
thanks again

Lipo

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 1 2010, 12:47 PM) View Post

yes i already use that setting on v20 and it doesnt hang,i already played through 2nd disc
but when i use v21 with the same setting it crashed

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lipo @ Jul 1 2010, 10:25 PM) View Post

yes i already use that setting on v20 and it doesnt hang,i already played through 2nd disc
but when i use v21 with the same setting it crashed
That link is to a memory card save.. not a "setting".

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 1 2010, 01:23 AM) View Post

Well thanks to the link provided by etokl I was able to get the following games working in pcsxbox..

Syphon Filter and Syphon Filter II - Both run pretty slow, though.
Harvest Moon
Road Rash 3D, Twisted Metal: Small Browl, and Thousand Arms..

Oh and.. the one that made my day!

Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings!  Since my fixes to the cdda track reporting function fixed the music but broke the game.  Now both work!

FYI Syphon Filter III works as well with the fixes and I noticed that Die Hard Trilogy now seems to work as well.

jwerner2

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(jwerner2 @ Jul 1 2010, 02:59 AM) View Post

First I wanna say thanks for this EMU!

But, I need some help.

I have two XBOXes now that I have installed this on and on both when I get to the first screen not a single one of my controllers gets recognized.

Do you think you could help me out with this?

I have wireless logitechs.

Any help?

My first controller port is blown but # 2 works. Can I config Pcsxbox to recognize #2 somehow without having to do it in the menu?

cheema201

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »

Yo madmab, wicked job with all the updates...

There may be a couple of issues tho with v21 of pcsxbox.

I have found that when changing discs (loading a new disc image), once I have loaded say disc 2, the emulator still reads saves (including save states) as being on disc 1. It is really strange as I have never seen it happen before. Then in utilities I found something called 'save game management' or something similar, but it only gives you the option of deleting saves. I was under the impression that you may be able to put saves from the save folder for disc 1 into disc 2. Or choose the ones you wish to swap accordingly. This was easily fixed though by a quick swapping of save files in media center.

Also for some reason when I go to load a game faq, the xbox freezes. This may be simply a problem on my end, possibly not having the directories set up right..

Just thought I'd let you know, so that you can do your own testing for these things.

Thanx again. Keep up the good work champ

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

Thanks for bringing that up.  I normally remove a section of code for computer emu's that doesn't make sense when switching disks.  But completely didn't think about the fact that the PS1 handles multidisc games differently.  So I'll re-instate that section of code I removed for the next release.

Sorry about that ...    uhh.gif

KingRanger

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »

First off a big thank you to people involved int his. Second, I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

My question. Resident Evil 2 has the feature where once you beat Game A of either character, you save your game and then start a game B with the 2nd character not played as in game A. I did Leon game A, saved on the memory card for the emu, and then when I tried to start a game B with Claire there was no way to do it. RE2 was on 2 CD's and you have to load each separately. How can I make one memory card for both games? Meaning I want both RE2 clair and leon to share the same mem card.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 03:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(KingRanger @ Jul 21 2010, 03:48 AM) View Post

First off a big thank you to people involved int his. Second, I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

My question. Resident Evil 2 has the feature where once you beat Game A of either character, you save your game and then start a game B with the 2nd character not played as in game A. I did Leon game A, saved on the memory card for the emu, and then when I tried to start a game B with Claire there was no way to do it. RE2 was on 2 CD's and you have to load each separately. How can I make one memory card for both games? Meaning I want both RE2 clair and leon to share the same mem card.
You might wanna read the post two posts above your's and the response to that post 1 post below it and 1 post above your post.

KingRanger

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 21 2010, 10:04 AM) View Post

You might wanna read the post two posts above your's and the response to that post 1 post below it and 1 post above your post.

Gah.. .I'm sorry :/ Talk about making a bad first impression....

cheema201

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 14 2010, 07:30 PM) View Post

Thanks for bringing that up.  I normally remove a section of code for computer emu's that doesn't make sense when switching disks.  But completely didn't think about the fact that the PS1 handles multidisc games differently.  So I'll re-instate that section of code I removed for the next release.

Sorry about that ...    uhh.gif

Yeh I know what you mean. I dont program emulators but I do a fair bit of hacking games, especially old classics. And it is a hassle remembering the differences between systems, or even little parts of code between games.

Oh and a quick question, I know this is a long shot... A couple of years ago I was reading about a compilation of pcsx and a pocket station emulator, I have no idea if it ever came to fruition. Is there anything that would suggest a possibility of having a pocket station in place of a memory card? Would love to have a go of chocobo world on ff8, just to make the game complete... Though I will understand when you say that it is a big no, haha

QUOTE(KingRanger @ Jul 21 2010, 05:48 PM) View Post

Just to add a more immediate solution for this... You can manually add your memory card from disc 1 to disc 2. It is a very simple process... Your saves are kept in your E drive, under SAVES/PCSXBOX (Thanx again xport for making our lives easier and not using the tdata/udata).. Basically if you want to throw your saves from disc 1 to disc 2, all you need to do is transfer the memory card file.

So it may look like this, when you go into your saves folder. You should have two for resident evil, one for each disc.
<Resident Evil CD1>
<Resident Evil CD2>
Inside the disc with the saves that you want, I am guessing it is disc 1. You want to go in there and find this file "Resident Evil CD0.mcd" or if you saved your games to memory card slot 2 "Resident Evil CD1.mcd".. You should also have the same file in disc 2, only it has no saves on it. So simply delete "Resident Evil CD0.mcd" from you disc 2 folder and then copy the file from your disc 1 folder into your folder for disc 2. Load it up and your saves should now be there.

This will only work if you have the file named correctly, so if you have named the first disc simply "Resident Evil" and the second disc "Resident Evil CD2" then you will have to name the file accordingly... Basically you want to have the whole name of the file, excluding the last digit which you change to a 0..

Hope that wasn't confusing, and I can understand why madmab didn't go through it haha, I just confused myself... You can do that, or just wait for the next release. Your call.

worldwhore3

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »

will this play disc images?  do i *have* to burn CCD's?  i'm asking because i have been reduced to using a thomson drive and it's horrible.

as well, can this play SOUL REAVER or GTA2?

snkpimpola

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »

hmmm...seem to be having an issue here...i had v20 for about 8 months+..had plenty of working save files (in save state form) and i got diablo (thinking it would work cause the compatability list says it does)....come to find out, i couldnt get past the "copyrighting piracy" screen in the very begining...so i thought i had to get all the ps1 bios right??...well i uploaded em all into the bios folder and still nothing...so i seen that madmab made a V21 of pcsxbox..so i thought that would help me...well i tried diablo on there and the same thing happend..plus for some odd reason, the default skin (madmabs skin) wasnt being displayed?? (maybe cause i had my emu set to 720p?) but i also noticed that the games i normally played wasnt running the way they once were on the same settings...so i go ahead and delete v21..but now i cant press start on almost any game cause itll lock up the system..even when i try to load almost all of my save states itll do the same (probably only 1 or 2 savestates total that work out of about 40 :/)...

now this is my questions

1. was it the psx bios i initially put into v20 to try and get diablo working that possibly corrupted all of my save states?

2. was it a clash in the 2 versions settings/"save style" that made this happen

3. was there a step where i had to do something to the save states in order for them to work right once v21 is uploaded??

4 or is it something im not mentioning, and im a complete dumbass lol

please someone help me out, thank you smile.gif....OH!! and also, does anyone know why my diablos werent working?? (i used euro and usa versions and they both did the same things)

thanks again  biggrin.gif

Biohazardwaste

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

Sorry if you've heard this one before........
but is Pcsxbox ever likely to have light gun support integrated into it?
Considering the number of great light gun games it emulates perfectly, it would be a great shame if this was overlooked.
Pages: 1 2 [3]