xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xboyadvance - Gba/gbc/gb/sgb/sgb2 Emulator For Xbox V24  (Read 1139 times)

DarthMingus

• Archived User
Xboyadvance - Gba/gbc/gb/sgb/sgb2 Emulator For Xbox V24
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »

Great, thanks!

Just an FYI, 1080i works well even on a stock XBOX. I've been doing it for about a year now. Some more intensive emulators like the PSX will see a performance hit, but others are fine.

Kikutaro

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 02:21:00 AM »

Im not sure if this fall's under auto configuration but when you change the software filter in the video configuration it dosn't change it and you have to do it individually for each game.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 03:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kikutaro @ Jul 10 2010, 04:21 AM) View Post

Im not sure if this fall's under auto configuration but when you change the software filter in the video configuration it dosn't change it and you have to do it individually for each game.
I added that into later releases so whenever I get around to re-releasing this emu it will be in there.

Kazzar

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »

Ok, i've been googling for two days now and can not find anything similar to my problem.  I just updated from v20 to v24 last night, and for some reason, while playing games, the emulator will randomly save/load states and will also randomly change the software filter as i'm playing.  I tried downgrading back to v20, because I did not have this problem with it, but after I did this, I can no longer play the roms that i opened with v24.  So now, i'm back to v24, and trying to fix this random save state/load state/filter change problem....oh ya, it did actually crash once when changing to a filter the game didnt like.  Please help!

Skater4599

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kazzar @ Jul 12 2010, 02:45 PM) View Post

Ok, i've been googling for two days now and can not find anything similar to my problem.  I just updated from v20 to v24 last night, and for some reason, while playing games, the emulator will randomly save/load states and will also randomly change the software filter as i'm playing.  I tried downgrading back to v20, because I did not have this problem with it, but after I did this, I can no longer play the roms that i opened with v24.  So now, i'm back to v24, and trying to fix this random save state/load state/filter change problem....oh ya, it did actually crash once when changing to a filter the game didnt like.  Please help!

Are your buttons mapped to this, and your possibly pushing that combo of buttons during gameplay?  Check your button mapping for UI interface and make sure save/load state and filters are not mapped to any combination of buttons.

Kazzar

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Skater4599 @ Jul 12 2010, 04:32 PM) View Post

Are your buttons mapped to this, and your possibly pushing that combo of buttons during gameplay?  Check your button mapping for UI interface and make sure save/load state and filters are not mapped to any combination of buttons.

That was actually one of the first things i checked was the controller mapping and the UI mapping, as well the combo list.  Save/load states are still the default black/white + trigger that they come with, and the combo list was empty.  Also, i forgot to mention that these problems occur without pressing anything.  A few times, i've just loaded the rom, and sat the controller down on the table, and i've watched save/load states all by itself, as well as change the software filter without any input.  There also doesn't seem to be and consistency to it either, as in its not happening every few seconds/minutes on queue, its random in the times.  Its even changed filters twice in a row within a second or two.

EDIT:  Just to be clear, this is not happening on a specific rom, but all of the ones i've tried.  (Pokemon Fire Red, Pokemon Gold, couple of Yu-Gi-Oh! games.....Golden Sun 2)

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »

There is an "auto load last save state" option in the "general setttings" menu.  Are you sure you didn't set that to yes by accident?

Kazzar

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 12 2010, 06:16 PM) View Post

There is an "auto load last save state" option in the "general setttings" menu.  Are you sure you didn't set that to yes by accident?

Yep, its still set as "No".

EDIT:  Guess I should also clarify that this is a fresh install of v24.  Did not change any settings.  Problems started right away.  I've tried messing with some of the general, video, skin, game, etc... settings trying to fix it, or at least lock the filter onto one setting instead of randomly changing, to no avail.  I've even tried to find any instance of auto saving/loading state in the settings and utilities, and aside from the "auto load last save state" option you mentioned, which is set to "No", I cant find any reason why its doing this.  Just new, i even tried unplugging my controllers (thinking i'm somehow hitting the default hotkeys for this or something", sat there for a few seconds, and it still auto saved/loaded state, and automatically changed the software filter.

Kazzar

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »

(didn't want to double post, but i guess this board has an edit time limit, or i'm just blind)

I was finally able get v20 working again on all my games, so, I'm gonna give up on the v24 update for now.  Its probably something I'm doing wrong since I can find this same situation ANYWHERE on Google, but, v20 has always worked for me.  I was only upgrading to v24 to see if it would let me fix my Fire Red game that I accidentally saved in 64k flash, instead of 128k, without loosing my progress. (I tried the VBA, IPS patch, gbata, and vba-over.ini fix, and nothing worked).  Thanks for you're time madmab!

DarthMingus

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jan 7 2011, 08:15 AM) View Post

I didn't realize that... Just exactly how is the xbox updated to be able to handle frameskip 0?

I have one of Trusty's upgrades - the 1.4ghz, 128 RAM version. It can play anything I throw at it GBA-wise at 60 FPS, with no frameskip enabled.

Pages: 1 2 [3]