xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Neogenesis Sega Genesis/megadrive/32x/segacd/megacd Emulator For Xbox  (Read 521 times)

Likklebaer

• Archived User
Neogenesis Sega Genesis/megadrive/32x/segacd/megacd Emulator For Xbox
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrankMorris @ Apr 21 2010, 10:51 PM) *

Hmmmm.. Now when the emus are out, maybe I finally have some motivation/time/interest to finish some of my incomplete/failed/unfinished skin projects....

Same here. Got a few updates/new ones in the works already. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »

Im having a few problems with this Emu. I just downloaded all the extra's and got the emu, I put everything where RX said to put them but here are my problems.

When I select the 3 preview setting with the box, screen shots and video. Sometimes the menu when you select the game just says "press start" and doesnt list any games, but when you scroll it still changes the artwork as if the games are there, you just can't see them.

another thing is all my default drives were set to E instead of F. Maybe the Evox installer installed other neogenesis settings? This box I did from scratch so it wasnt my doing.

the last thing is, I'm doing this for my brother and I didn't want him to get lost in the files and what not but the lock in rom file directory feature wasn't working. I turned it on but I could still browse whatever files I wanted.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

ok.  Well I've been able to trace the memory problems down to the UMKT hack which I added after alot of the testing on Neogenesis had been done.  Apparently the thing is a big memory suck!  I'm working on a solution to this right now.  May be a couple days.  tongue.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ Apr 23 2010, 05:58 PM) *

Im having a few problems with this Emu. I just downloaded all the extra's and got the emu, I put everything where RX said to put them but here are my problems.

When I select the 3 preview setting with the box, screen shots and video. Sometimes the menu when you select the game just says "press start" and doesnt list any games, but when you scroll it still changes the artwork as if the games are there, you just can't see them.

another thing is all my default drives were set to E instead of F. Maybe the Evox installer installed other neogenesis settings? This box I did from scratch so it wasnt my doing.

the last thing is, I'm doing this for my brother and I didn't want him to get lost in the files and what not but the lock in rom file directory feature wasn't working. I turned it on but I could still browse whatever files I wanted.
I think the skin has a couple problems with the number of lines in certain configuration skins.

The drives always default to E: because not every user is guaranteed to have an F drive.  Just go into settings->set default directories and change them.

Yeah apparently the "keep user within ROM tree" does not completely function correctly.  But keep in mind that this function is only intended to work in the game select screen.  But it should be in the next release.

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »

Hey madmab,

Got an issue with this one. Whenever I save or load a state the game I'm playing loses all sound.  huh.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 04:27:00 AM »

ok no problem.  It happened because of lines that I usually comment out, but seem there were some extra lines that are not in the save/load state routines that I didn't notice.

Anywho it should be fixed with the next release.  Which will hopefully work with my workaround for the UMKT hack.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »

Glad you figured that UMKT thing out man.  

Seriously.... I'm telling everyone.... The beta I had on March 17th didn't have any of these problems, but I only use SD, so that may be the issue here.

My apoligies to Madmab if not testing in HD on this emu caused problems with Xtras.

I hope the UMKT workaround solves all of our problems.

Thanks for keeping that AWESOME hack working.

I haven't even played MK anything for ages.  It just bores me.  I know that if I got my hands on a cart of that hack back when I was 13 though I would have treasured it.  smile.gif

Just another one of the million fixes and updates you've got on your list already.... but a damn fine one, if I do say so myself.

Thanks for keeping UMKT alive on XBox Madmab smile.gif
~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 02:04:00 PM »

Latest Neogenesis thread can be found here.
Pages: 1 [2]