xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Emu And Skin Testing Results...  (Read 579 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Emu And Skin Testing Results...
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »

Hey Ex007,

Upload your skins at megaupload.com and post the link here and we can take a look at them.  

We do plan on having updated Madmab Edition XPORT emulators and Gilles Dynamic Skins for all of the XPORT emus by the time we're done.  (Actually, LynXBox already has an up-to-date but unreleased beta, Dynamic Skins and a nearly complete Xtras package already)

I'd love to see your Intellivision artwork pack when you're through.  I haven't even touched that one yet.  

I've also got a very nice collection of 5200/XL/XE/a800 artwork put together but I haven't uploaded it since it's not complete yet.

Anything else you come up with is more than welcome, especially for the computer type emus that I probably won't do to much work on myself.

Later,
~Rx

Hey moonmaster1,

What do you mean by BIOS support?  All of the systems you mentioned have near 100% compatibility with the roms available, except for the PSX which is pretty hit or miss.  I'm not sure what "BIOS support" would add.  Could you explain?

Eventually I plan on making this all much easier to get on people's boxes when I start truly wrapping stuff up.  It's just still a long way from that right now though.  Sorry I can't make it easier yet, but trust that I've spent thousands of hours putting all of this together so even though it takes a while to get it all working still for you guys you're never going to find a collection like this anywhere else.

I'd LOVE to see the X-MEN game working for 32x.  I don't know how easy it would be do add the support though.   Madmab has done some pretty amazing things, and even added support for some games here and there, but I'm sure he'd have to learn how to do it for the 32x from scratch and I don't know if that's something he's interested in.  Hopefully somebody comes around and can help out and get it done like XT did for adding support for some NES games that weren't working before.

Thanks for your interest,
~Rx

moonmaster1

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »

well for more or less authenticity purposes it would add the initial boot up screens for each system such as the sega cd bios before booting to a game.

I believe xboy advance had bios support for the original, color, advance, and super game boy. It would be killer to see it applied elsewhere under options when configuring a game for the first time.

As for X-men 32X, two emulators are currently known to run it, Kega after steve snake heard the beta was dumped added support almost immediately and picodrive, a lesser known emulator that doesn't quite live to the standard of kega fusion.

If madmab can't figure it out, I am currently a member of a couple communities centered around sega and xbox *such as sega-16 for example* I'm sure I can recruit a few to the cause.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »

Well... you already can see the boot up screens for Sega CD.  You can't turn it on or off as far as I know, but now I know what you're asking.  

I don't know.... Madmab...?  Is this something that wouldn't be too much of a pain to add?  It does seem like it would be pretty cool, especially if you could turn it on/off if you didn't want to see it.

I wouldn't wait on Madmab to see if he could do the X-Men thing though.  I could be wrong, but I think it would be a moderately difficult thing that would eat up a lot of his coding time.  I don't think he'd have too much personal interest in it himself, and I'm pulling for him to get sort/filter support and alternate favorites working now.  His coding time is limited because he's got a hell of a lot more of a personal life than I've got currently  cool.gif

I would be very interested if you could recruit anyone with coding experience here, particularly XBox coding experience.  There are plenty of dummies like me on the scene that can do the grunt work (actually, that's a lie because I wish we had at least 10 more Mega Man ?'s, Stupot1's, Horscht's and pCeSlAyEr's), but I'd like to see a few more people with the ability to help code things work with madmab.  XT did an amazing thing and got Paperboy II, Best of the Best, Crime Busters, some Mario hacks and a few other games working on NES and Madmab should be compiling those soon.  He's also working on getting support for Great Wall (and I hope a few more Pirates that need mapper support).  

I would LOVE to see a few more people here who could do a little niche work like that and work with madmab to get it all compiled in the new betas.

Let me know man.  I'm seriously interested in this.  If it's possible, this is some of the best news I've heard in a while.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »

Hey Madmab,

I've updated many of the new betas you sent my way on the list.  Still have to go through PSX, Wonderswan and ArnoldX.  

CD Synopsis tested and working now on TurboGrafx and Sega CD!

Alphabetical skip that bypasses the prefixes like "CD - ", "GBA - ", "GG - "!

I was also pleased to see that for games with multiple disks that you can put the different image names in there and separate them with a comma just as if they were CRC headers.

I counted 4 games that were fixed by XT's mapper fixes, but he may know of more.  (Let me know if there were more XT!)

Testing the other betas will take a bit more effort on my part, so I'll get to them later today or tomorrow.

Great work madmab,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »

I'm missing Crime Busters and any Mario hacks you know work now.

Does ASCII brothers work now?   That one looked pretty cool but always froze at the title screen.

Your fix also got the translated version of Ghost Hunter to work, but I think you may have mentioned that before too.

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »

Never tried Crime Busters.  I'll have to check it out.

Let me know if Super ASCII bros works.  It looks pretty good.

Let me know what other Mario hacks work too.  We've added quite a few.  If they're any good they'll be included.

Hope you get Time Lord working  cool.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]