xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: The "game Synopsis" Option  (Read 2191 times)

madmab

• Archived User
The "game Synopsis" Option
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

Nice job guys.  Sorry about the centering text in the latest neogenesis.  Still not sure how that one slipped by me when I tested it.  Guess I was worried about the other stuff I added.  Anyways it just came down to a reversed parameter.  laugh.gif

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Mar 31 2009, 04:25 PM) View Post
Good teamwork!!

(not wanting to re-post the whole image/quote)
Hilarious Gilles, purely hilarious... laugh.gif

And, Crash,
you are my newest hero. cool.gif

Great work guys! biggrin.gif

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »

And, Crash,
you are my newest hero.

biggrin.gif I don't know about that.

It's no problem really I've only given myself a bit of RSI in the process. tongue.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

Open now.... sorry.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2009, 03:29:00 AM »

RessX & Gilles... I got the weird screenshot not displaying issues straightened out but there was something else I wanted to address first before sending them to you.  I had an idea.  Was gonna work on it tonight, but it's like one of those nights from hell here at work.  laugh.gif  Anyways the last three emu's I sent you all have that little screenshot bug.  FYI

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »

I haven't even used them yet madmab, and I think I missed the posts about this so I'm not even aware of the bug.  

I have been working on merging yours and Gilles 5200 synopsis together.  Doh! You guys did a lot of double work between you!  Was a bitch cleaning that up and making sure that all the CRC headers you both had were accounted for in the new synopsis.  I wasn't able to finish it yet, but it looks great and is somewhere around 120kb now.   Hopefully I'll have that and the 7800 one edited, updated and uploaded here by next weekend.

There is still a lot to merge on the 5200, and I have to add the additional tags (even if I don't fill them out until we get a sort/filter feature working).  I figure when it's fully edited it will be somewhere around 250-300kb with the information we have now.  There will still be a ton of body work to add to it down the line, but aside from cleaning up and editing stuff now my only real concern is getting the headline stuff filled out for the sort/filter.  

Later,
~R

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »

Nah... he had a very complete synopsis for the 5200 games and homebrew (minus a few of the official headers I think he may be missing on all of the synopsis'  sad.gif ...... I'm updating them all though at some point.  11 header lines in all, for future reference......) .  

I don't even know when I got your synopsis file, but I didn't notice there might have been a problem until I was copying Gilles updated version over the one I already had and his was about half the size as yours.

So, yesterday the merge work began....

I've alphabetized all the games by category for the 5200, 5200 Unreleased-beta-homebrew, 5200 conversions and a bit of the 800 carts.   I "merged" your guys stuff together by taking what I thought was the best information from either of your entries and made sure that any CRC headers you both had were all included in the final one.  (Hopefully you don't try puling up a game and seeing the synopsis not found... just let me know if you do).   All that is left now is your 800 cart/tape/disk stuff to add, but I have to check that with my own compatibility lists and add any entries that you haven't done in the middle.  

Like the 5200/800 testing/artwork collecting, this is a much larger project than I anticipated, but I'll get it done.

I was really hoping to have it done this week and uploaded but it is a lot bigger a project than I had assumed.  7800 should be no sweat, so I'll upload both of them hopefully next weekend.

~RX

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »

Well.... I'm not thinking about doing the "body work" myself at the moment.  What I've been doing, and should finish by next week, is to merge all the info you guys both already did and then make sure that the headline tags are all there for every cart and tape for the 800.  The headline tags probably won't even be filled in until the sort/filter feature is working or somebody else fills it out.  

When I'm done with it, I'll let you know.  If you or anyone else wants to start filling it out then it should be easier because everything will be set up and you'll just have to plug the info in.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

Yep big oopss, I didn't know Madmab was working on one atari 5200 synopsis
That was BEFORE the synopsis hot potatoe thread  ohmy.gif

I have worked a lot on the genesis synopsis we just need the franck's n-o-p and it will be fine (at least for the licensed us roms). I needed new symbols to help me browsing alphabetically through US/EURO and JAP games.
In fact, only the US roms are important because : 60HZ!, and Comprehensive language;
I highly suggest the emus users to use only US roms for 60hz and the original game speed, that's true for all the systems (snes, sms, gen, nes, etc...).
I play euro and jap roms when there is a good reason to do so:exclusive jap and euro titles like willy's wars, bare knuckle 3 (uncensored), etc...

genesis synopsis 04/04/09

Here is my NEW KEY & TABLE OF CONTENTS:

(TOP)
(1) LICENSED
---- (1.1) 32X ----
**** (1.2) US ****
==== (1.3) Japan ====
"""" (1.4) Europe """"
<<<< (2) HOMEBREWS <<<<
$$$$ (3) HACKS $$$$
++++ (4) TRANSLATED ++++

BROWSING/EDITING NOTES:

Looking for a specific letter of the alphabet for a licensed US game? Try typing your letter followed by a few * symbol into the Find window.....

Looking for a specific letter of the alphabet for a licensed Japan game? Try typing your letter followed by a few = symbol into the Find window.....

Looking for a specific letter of the alphabet for a licensed Eu game? Try typing your letter followed by a few " symbol into the Find window.....

Don't forget the synopsis must be "evolutive": If someone is ready to complete all the european and japan crc and game infos: go for it!!
Our primary objective (with ressX and Madmab) was to complete all the licensed US roms synopsis because it's the best roms!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »

Don't sweat the translations and hacks for the Genesis.  I believe I have a full synopsis for those lying around here somewhere.  I just have to find it from back when I was adding those games.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »

Don't know.   I have all JPG images too, and I believe he's using PNG files that I need to get.

You got the synopsis images that you created available for download Gilles?

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »

Hey Gilles sorry for Genesis N-P delay.
I taught I'd could get it done by this weekend, but I didn't. Its 80% ready.

You get it till tuesday.

Reason for delay: I started to add "Controls:" for each game.
www.allgame.com have all the info I need.

Example.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

Hey Gilles.  Yes, I see that there are synopsis background images in the skins now.  I will have to verify that they are all there for every one, and I'll let you know on the testing thread what still needs to be made.

I kinda like your old synopsis background images better though.... What ever happened to these:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Did I miss a conversation where you guys decided on the other ones, or did you just figure that maybe the background image was too distracting when you used these instead:  

IPB Image

IPB Image

I don't know... I've been using the old ones for a while now (in JPG format).  I kinda liked them.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »

They looked pretty wicked madmab.  You should probably just be able to save that NES image to your hard drive and transfer it over.  Flip back between the two of them and see which one you like more.   Maybe Gilles has a good reason for not using them anymore.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »

I 3rd that.
I like the images with the consoles in the background too. smile.gif

Thanks Gilles.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13