xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: The "game Synopsis" Option  (Read 2208 times)

FrankMorris

• Archived User
The "game Synopsis" Option
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2020, 11:25:00 AM »

Ok, If there's gonna be that Region: line, I need to remove those multi-region CRC's which I added before. No problem.
Also added one game totally forgot and trimmed some other things and so on..

There's fixed version of Genesis K-M.

EDIT:
That hot potato is great idea.  It will help to keep everything in order.

Btw. Everytime when something be changed on the dats, (game addition, game rename etc..) we should also remember to change it in the synopsis.txt. Right?

This post has been edited by FrankMorris: Yesterday, 07:48 PM

aporter727

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2020, 12:15:00 PM »

Sorry to be a lazy pain in the butt guys, but how do I use these synopsis's? I downloaded the NES one, but I don't have a clue what to do with it. I'm sure it was explained in one of the 23 pages of this thread, but again... I'm lazy  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2020, 12:53:00 PM »

You can't use it until the betas go public.

EDIT: When they do go public, the newest versions (hopefully the finalized versions) will be included with the emulator.

This post has been edited by ressurectionx: Yesterday, 10:07 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(crash1235 @ Mar 18 2009, 08:55 PM) View Post

Woah I'll be keeping my hands to myself  tongue.gif
 I have nearly finished R and S but using the the old header standard:
[CRCs]
[Game Title]
Genre:
Release Year:
Developer:
Publisher:
Players:

...so will be spending some time updating all my synopsis entries (R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z) to the proper one:

[CRCs]
[Game Title]
Platform:
Region:
Media:
Controller:
Genre:
Release Year:
Developer:
Publisher:
Players:

Awesome..... I thought I was going to have to go back and do that for all the entries.   cool.gif

I know I have tons of stuff to go through that has even less information in the header than the stuff you already did.  This idea has been evolving, and a lot of this stuff now is in preparation for things that hopefully become possible that aren't available, even in the betas.  

Hopefully, most of that stuff gets stripped from end-user view in the emu, and it will make for a damn fine search/filter feature.

Notes:

Removed - Super League: Japanese version of Tommy Lasorda Baseball
Removed - Super Real Basketball: EU version of Pat Riley Basketball
No Overview - ResQ: I could find hardly anything on this.
No Overview - SCRABBLE: Could find no information on the Sega Genesis version of Scrabble at all.
No Header or Overview - Streets of Rage III [Special Edition]: Could find no information maybe the CRC should just just be added to Streets of Rage III

No worries on deleting stuff like that, but I do appreciate how on top of the situation you've been.  

We might not be able to find a complete synopsis for everything today.  Hopefully one day down the road some people step in and make their own personal additions and write reviews.  As long as we can fill out that headline info, we've got a great feature.  Most games will have a synopsis, and all of them will be searchable/filterable.

Gilles,

Looks like you're on top of the Genesis synopsis.  (I know I said NES before, but I meant you guys were working on Genesis).  

I'll get that pack uploaded individually in the next week or two with any updates you have by then.  It will have labled who is in control of the master file for any system if there currently is somebody working on it.

Just don't delete any of your older ones on the off chance somebody does some sabotage.  I hated giving up control of the NES synopsis because of that remote possibility, but I just can't devote the time to it with all the other Xtras now.  Somebody severely messed up the SNES synopsis when Horscht and I had it public to anyone who stumbled across it, so my paranoia isn't totally unfounded.

If you could break up the synopsis stuff and upload it individually, I could get it up there tomorrow after work, otherwise it won't be "overnight", but it will be done.

Later,
~Rx

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »

For those working on the Genesis synopsis the Genesis Collective has quite a bit of info on it.

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

Here is R, S with the full extended header inforamtion. I will hopefully do the rest of them tomorrow, and then start on G - J.

Cheers

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »

Thanks crash.... we don't get a lot of helpers around here.  You don't know how valuable your contributions are.

Later,
~Rx

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2009, 02:40:00 AM »

Yea ResX all good. These things don't get done themselves. Here is W - Z with the updated header.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »

Hey guys.  I was going to replace my old atarixlbox synopsis with the new one here, but this one is about 60kb smaller than my old one.  Was there a lot of stuff that madmab did for A800 carts/tapes/disks that haven't made it into the one you put up Gilles?

Let me know if they need to be merged.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »

Okay... well consider me the guy in control of the 5200 synopsis for the time being.  You're the Genesis guy right now.  Any others currently being updated I should note in the thread?

Did you notice that madmab had a lot of stuff done for the 5200/800 synopsis that wasn't in your newest one Gilles?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around why the one I have that is older is so much larger than the latest one you put in that zipfile.  I haven't really looked in-depth into it yet.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »

Alright... I'll take a look at it when I get more free time.  My weekend is over now.  I'm pretty sure there is quite a bit for me to merge between the two of them.  Glad I was thinking when I copied the new one over and didn't overwrite the old one.

I also spent about 4 hours last night setting up the emulators and fixing some minor things with the skins.  I think you guys will really like the tweaks.  Unfortunately, I didn't get around to normalizing the mp3 sounds yet since it took so long just to do what I've done so far.   I also wrote a small list of bugs/missing features (ex: some of the emus still don't have synopsis files or don't pull up the help screen yet, one of the skins doesn't have music, etc.)

Hey Gilles... Do me a favor and don't make any changes to the skins just yet.  Aside from music missing from the one emulator (I think it's A7800), I really can't say that any notable changes need to be made at this point.  I will repack everything and upload it to megaupload and have the new links on the thread when I'm done.

The important thing is there aren't any lockup/memory issues anymore.  I have a wide range of things I'm testing and making sure work right.  I'll have all of that info up here once I'm through testing all the emus with updates and Dynamic Skins.  The only one I haven't gotten to that may still have some problems is the PSX (I know a build I had locked up a lot when you exited a game and I can't remember if that was fixed or not).

Later guys,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »

Great teamwork guys!

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

Hold fire on F Gilles I have already completed it. Sorry tongue.gif

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »

Here is completed F, G, H and J with full header info.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »

IPB Image I love it when a plan comes together!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13