xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mednafenx-nes V5  (Read 177 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

MednafenX-NES - NES Emulator for XBox v5

http://mednafen.com/
http://xport.xbox-scene.com

What's New:

- Added game configuration option : "Hack Fix"
   If your game is not working, try toggling this.

Stella, Gnuboy, SMSPlus, FCEUltra, HUGO, NeoPop, DGen, Bochs, HUGO-CD,
FMSXBox, Bliss, WinSTon, Gens, Z26X, StepmaniaX, PCSXBox, XBoyAdvance,
DOSXBox, AtariXLBox, MirrorMagicX, KoboX, MaelstromX, MarblesX, Vice64X,
Vice20X, VicePETX, KegsX, XPired, AdamX, WonderSwanX, BeatsOfRageX,
PowermangaX, LynxBox, BlueMSXBox, GladiatorX, AmphetamineX, StarfighterX,
PachiX, BlobWarsX, OdysseyX, ArnoldX, X68000X, WinUAEX, MekaX,
MednafenX-NES, MednafenX-PCE, MednafenX-Lynx
what's next?

Enjoy!

lenocinor

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

Thanks, Xport. It really is nice how you continue to address the needs and wants of the community. Hope you aren't getting too burned out with re-releasing all these emulators. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

Excellent!  I'm at work now so I can't try this yet, but I'm assuming this is meant to fix the starting at level 0-1 on some of the SMB hacks?

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

Cheers. I need a macro that automatically replies with "Thanks again" with all these updates wink.gif

foxxfella

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »

Thanks for everything Xport! I was wondering if you ever update M-nes again would it be a lot of trouble to implement the fuction to map player 2 buttons and controls to the player 1 pad? Theres this game called gyromite that requires 2 players,  1 player moves the columns and one moves the player around. Just a small request that would make this eaiser to play for one player, I understand if you cant get around to this thanks again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by foxxfella: May 5 2006, 12:19 PM

sxxxe83

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

Thanks again Xport, for all these update releases... =)
You are amazing...

guybird

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V5
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

Great job with all of these updates, I can't keep up!!!

Now that we've gotten most of the existing emulators covered with art packs at the Xbox Emulation Repository is there any chance that we may see some MAME-esque artwork folders like:

/box fronts/
/box backs/
/carts/
/snaps/
/titles/

This would allow for simple drag and drop support for users to have new artwork enabled as all of the png's would be in one folder rather than subdirectories by the rom title.  It would also eliminate the need for the 000*.png naming convention (except maybe for new captures which could be saved to the existing /F/SCREENSHOTS/ folder).  More importantly it would allow for multiple screenshots to be displayed at once.  So you could display a box front and snapshot at the same time (probably the preferred way).  Here's the feel I am going for although this showcases titles & snaps: .  I highly doubt it would slow down the rom browsing, as with your current setup there is no slowdown even with screenshots being displayed while scrolling.

Also on a related note, I remember there being mention of .txt file support for one or more of your emulators (being displayed in game I believe).  I'm curious about this as there are many Game Manual sites that have all of the console game's manuals in .txt format, and I'm wondering if it is or could be supported to view these .txt files in game (via the pop up menu).  This would be yet another nice feature that DC & PC users have been enjoying for awhile now and would be icing on the Xbox cake.  Thanks