xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mekax V1  (Read 895 times)

OUTRUN86

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

As for mekaX, music breaks off(jerkiness) at intervals of about 2 minutes.
It is the same as that of fMSX.

Lukenatme

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I just realized today that this was released.  Thank you, Xport, for bringing this emulator to the Xbox.  I made a post a few months back about wishing to play "The Majors Pro Baseball" on the Game Gear and none of the emulators available would play it.  With Meka, it works.   biggrin.gif

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2006, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(AmyGrrl @ Mar 14 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

I like the idea of having 2 copies of the Emulator on the XBOX... one for SMS and one for GG... and I agree the config settings would conflict... but I for one wish their was a way to make these Emulators store the settings in the same folder as the default.xbe... but one when the Emulator is being run off the HDD.... I spoke more about this idea in this thread...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=497103

I was about to come in here and make this very point.

The configs don't "Conflict"

what conflicts is MekaX's insistence on copying the ini file to E:\Saves\Meka and running from there.

i *TRULY* believe that this should be configurable.  I'd love to see xport add in an option to "use E:\Save" so that those of us who don't use it can banish that directory permenently.  Have it default to E:\Save, but allow the user to configure the ini files so that we can use the xbe's directory as the config directory.

i *HATE* programs i use making directories without me asking.  Windows XP had the Xerox folder, and now xport projects have the Save folder.

Until fixed, i'd consider this a minor bug.

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2006, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Mar 8 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

I feel the need to discuss a certain problem i have with sms/gg emulators..

most sms games have also been ported to the gamegear, thus resulting with filenames that are
exactly the same.. "mickey mouse (u).zip" for example,

now when i make a screenshot of the gamegear rom the same pic shows up when i go to the sms rom
with the same filename..

same goes with save games, they are not interchangable thus resulting in a very messy buisness and stuff..

i was wondering if it is possible to perhaps make mekax create different dirs based on the rom's file extension?

currently i'm running 2 hacked versions of smsplus to overcome this problem, one for gamegear and one for sms roms,

also perhaps adding a system based favorites option would be nice?

like :

Favorites : Gamegear
Favorites : Mastersystem

it would result in a much cleaner look..

not really neccesary but i'm just one of those people who consider the gamegear and the sms sepperate systems wink.gif

also congrats on porting one of the best gg/sms emulators ever created,
i spend many a day switching gui theme's when i first discovered meka back in 96! or was it 97? i dont remember..
anyhoo congrats on another wonderfull port!

I'd like to see xport go 1 step further with this.

Allow 2 copies of the XBE to be in 2 different directories for those of us who need to run GG and SMS games seperately.  Allow the ability to completely remove the E:\Saves directory for those who so wish and instead run the ini file from the directory of the xbe.  This will preserve settings between 2 different rom sets, esentially making 1 emulator seem like 2 different ones.

I'd *REALLY* like to see this implimented in several xport projects, noteably:

NeoGenesis (seperate games by add-on, like 32x, SegaCD, and Genesis, only change "Choose Game" to "Choose 32X game", "Choose SegaCD Game", and "Choose Genesis/Mega Drive Game"),

MekaX (SMS seperate from GameGear, add in options to choose to run emulator as multi system or single system),

XboyAdvance (Allow seperate "Chose games" for Gameboy, GameBoy Color, and Gameboy Advance carts.)

MednafenX-NES (seperate Famicom Disk System games from all other carts)

all other xport emulators should be updated to use the same options regarding the E:\Save directory

3rdman

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »

I decided to upload some pictures to give you a better explanation of whats happening...

IPB Image
IPB Image

By the way, these were taken using 480p mode so it seems that 1080i resolution wasn't the problem. Thanks for your time!

sotu

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

Having trouble getting MK3 in Bin/Cue format to run, I get the Sega logo then it goes black.  Is this a problem with my image or have others had this problem?

VampX

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(sotu @ Sep 14 2008, 03:51 AM) View Post

Having trouble getting MK3 in Bin/Cue format to run, I get the Sega logo then it goes black.  Is this a problem with my image or have others had this problem?

Bin/Cue means that its a CD image, and since MekaX is an 8-Bit Mastersystem/GameGear emulator
I don't see how you plan on running a CD image on it.

now we dissect the question a little bit more, since you say that its a bin/cue (cd image)
i will have to remind you that there was no Sega CD release of MK3 either.

so you're either trying to run a PS1/Saturn CD image on an 8bit emulator,
or you made up the cue part and the rom is only in Bin format.
(which is possible since mk3 got an sms release)

VampX

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »

that still doesn't explain the bin/cue thingy you mentioned.

killergorilla

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

MekaX - Sega Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000/SC-3000/SF-7000/MK3 Emulator for XBox v2

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

This is the Sega-MarK 3
IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(killergorilla @ Sep 18 2008, 02:36 AM) View Post

MekaX - Sega Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000/SC-3000/SF-7000/MK3 Emulator for XBox v2

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

This is the Sega-MarK 3
IPB Image

Isn't the Mark III pretty much just another name for hte Master System?  I didn't know it had it's own specific games.  I'll have to look into that if it's the case.

Man, I love the internet.  Seeing all these pics of long forgotten systems and being able to display them on the XBox in museum fasion.   Sweet.  cool.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]