xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Mekax V1  (Read 932 times)

Kanyero

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

OMG !!!

Thanks a lot !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I think there are other 2 emulators that worth being ported:

ZSNES: Its more optimized than snes9x and its source is more recent, has less bugs and it uses sometimes  proper emulation instead of especific hacks for some games

RAINE: This arcade emulator is MUCH faster than mame and emulates lot of games than are not supported in other xbox arcade emulators.

Diontae18

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kanyero @ Mar 8 2006, 02:32 PM) View Post

OMG !!!

Thanks a lot !!! biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

I think there are other 2 emulators that worth being ported:

ZSNES: Its more optimized than snes9x and its source is more recent, has less bugs and it uses sometimes  proper emulation instead of especific hacks for some games

RAINE: This arcade emulator is MUCH faster than mame and emulates lot of games than are not supported in other xbox arcade emulators.

Well, seeing as if I can't find any topic regarding snes (Rules, should be added there imo.). XPort specifically mentioned that he will never port a snes emulator.

VampX

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

I feel the need to discuss a certain problem i have with sms/gg emulators..

most sms games have also been ported to the gamegear, thus resulting with filenames that are
exactly the same.. "mickey mouse (u).zip" for example,

now when i make a screenshot of the gamegear rom the same pic shows up when i go to the sms rom
with the same filename..

same goes with save games, they are not interchangable thus resulting in a very messy buisness and stuff..

i was wondering if it is possible to perhaps make mekax create different dirs based on the rom's file extension?

currently i'm running 2 hacked versions of smsplus to overcome this problem, one for gamegear and one for sms roms,

also perhaps adding a system based favorites option would be nice?

like :

Favorites : Gamegear
Favorites : Mastersystem

it would result in a much cleaner look..

not really neccesary but i'm just one of those people who consider the gamegear and the sms sepperate systems (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

also congrats on porting one of the best gg/sms emulators ever created,
i spend many a day switching gui theme's when i first discovered meka back in 96! or was it 97? i dont remember..
anyhoo congrats on another wonderfull port!

This post has been edited by VampX: Mar 8 2006, 09:23 PM

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

MekaX,

All I have to say is WOW , that is fantastic....

Diontae18

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sirmatto @ Mar 8 2006, 12:56 PM) View Post

Always awesome to get better compatability.  Now the million dollar question:  what are the odds that it will work with the SMSPlusX save states by simply renaming the save game directory?

Sirmatto, it doesn't work. The only save file that seems interchangeable, are .cht files.

No .sav, .key, .st, etc...

Shucks, And I got pretty far on "Ultima - Quest of the avatar", lol.

I wish there was someway we could import our .sav files as well.

ph34r.gif

lenocinor

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

Looks great, plays great. Thanks again, Xport. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

guybird

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Mar 8 2006, 02:52 PM) View Post

I feel the need to discuss a certain problem i have with sms/gg emulators..

most sms games have also been ported to the gamegear, thus resulting with filenames that are
exactly the same.. "mickey mouse (u).zip" for example,

now when i make a screenshot of the gamegear rom the same pic shows up when i go to the sms rom
with the same filename..

same goes with save games, they are not interchangable thus resulting in a very messy buisness and stuff..

i was wondering if it is possible to perhaps make mekax create different dirs based on the rom's file extension?

currently i'm running 2 hacked versions of smsplus to overcome this problem, one for gamegear and one for sms roms,

also perhaps adding a system based favorites option would be nice?

like :

Favorites : Gamegear
Favorites : Mastersystem

it would result in a much cleaner look..

not really neccesary but i'm just one of those people who consider the gamegear and the sms sepperate systems wink.gif

I would have to completely agree on this.  I've mentioned this before, but I must not have explained it well enough.  As it is, my screenpacks for GG/SMS overlap quite a bit.  I'm not quite the rom perfectionist some people are, but with my screenpacks I'm going for 100% of the games having some type of artwork (box art for all that I can find them for).  So even if you seperate out your roms by folders (a SMS rom folder, a GG rom folder) you're going to have issues with the combined screenshot folder still.  

Example:
Say I copy over my screenpack for SMS games first.  Then I copy over my GG screenpack.  Either I will overwrite, or keep the screenshots that overlap.  Lets say I overwrite the SMS with GG.  I go select a game that overlaps, say Aladdin in my SMS roms folder.  The GG Aladdin artwork will now display, as I had to overwrite the existing SMS folder.  The only alternative to this would be to rename one set of roms to have some kind of SMS or GG notation, but with FATX limitations, this would still be very cumbersome.

I'm all for having multiple systems in one emulator, but I'd like to keep the screenshots, game saves, & roms as seperate as possible.  Plus you now have 6 different systems that can only reach a limit of 4096 screenshots/savegames, so things will get stuffy pretty quickly.

In any case, thanks for the great work and another great port!!!

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Mekax V1
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

Xbport welcome back to the scene with a big explosiaon ur work has always been a1 & its ppl like you that inspire us other devs to continue working on software for xbox.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »

wow, simply fantastic. The speed at which you work never ceases to amaze me Xport. Big thanks always.

XPort

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

re: multiple save/screenshot paths for GG/SMS naming collisions

As I said before, wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just rename the few offending overlappers?

superhoppy

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

Where did you guys get the program?  I went to the normal and it wasnt on there or I wasnt looking in the right spot.

Diontae18

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(superhoppy @ Mar 8 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Where did you guys get the program?  I went to the normal and it wasnt on there or I wasnt looking in the right spot.

QUOTE(XPort)
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded

It can be obtained from the usual place.

wink.gif

guybird

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(XPort @ Mar 8 2006, 04:28 PM) View Post

re: multiple save/screenshot paths for GG/SMS naming collisions

As I said before, wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just rename the few offending overlappers?

For one you would have to find every overlapping rom yourself to rename them.  Then you would have to hope that after you FATX rename them, that they still won't conflict.  From a purist's point of view I'd like to keep the rom names as close to the original as possible.  It's bad enough that you lose out big time with FATX.

Would it be possible to base the screenshot/save folders based upon the name of the rom folder?  Like if I have a SMS folder it would save to Saves/SMS?  Or if having seperate folders via the emulator isn't feesable (which I could completely understand) would having a seperate emulator for each system work out?  I know that you can point the emulator to another save/screenshot directory, but I'm under the impression that it will just create a GGSMS (or what Mekax will output to) folder inside of the folder you specified.  Basically can you make a Screenshots/Save folder called Screenshots/SMS and tell it to save to that.  Or will it end up outputting to Screenshots/SMS/GGSMS?

I know to you it seems like such a trivial thing for such a "small" amount of roms, but I like some others would like to have everything neat, and seperate, and not have to do a ton of renaming for this to work.  If it would be too much programming to implement this, I can completely understand and would be content with what I have.  But if its a simple fix and you just don't see the reason to implement it, I beg you to reconsider.  If not I will just end up using 2 Mekax's for the seperate systems.

Kanabis

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »

The feature list shows smb support.  This means I can keep the roms on my pc and stream them to the xbox right?  Nice work in any case (as always).

Tulius

• Archived User
Mekax V1
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Amazing, simple the perfect master system emulator...nice work
Just compare the sound of Kenseiden(FM sound ON) in smsplus vs MekaX, and fixed some graphic glitches in California Games too.

Is any ppl who is actually playing some Master System games? I cant get to beat the fourth subboss(the fat guy) in Hokuto no Ken, it seemed like a bug in smsplus, but I cant get there in MekaX too; is there a catch to it?

This post has been edited by Tulius: Mar 9 2006, 03:34 AM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5