xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beats Of Ragex V2  (Read 574 times)

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tulius @ Feb 17 2006, 11:33 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  Hey thanks for updating Beats of Rage with OpenBor engine...
 Just tested with a MOD named Double Dragon extreme, title screen appears, game mode selection ok, but just freezes into loading screen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)  is this memory problems? (I have 128Mb in the mobo, but maybe there's no support for extra memory yet)
 What MODs are the users of the forum using?

I'm using:

Beats of Rage
Beats of Rage Extra
Hatchet Ninjaz
Hyper Final Fight
Hyper Final Fight 2 - it will crash when you use SFZ Cody.
Dragons of Rage
Alien vs. Predator
Double Dragon Extreme - it will crash when you attempt to start a game.
Rage of Streets
Road Rash Revolution
Kill Ryu Vol.1
Kill Ryu Vol.2 - the game (sometimes) is seeking extra files that are not there , such as , music .
CaveMan Ninja

That is all I have right now
you can get all of these here: http://www.dcevolution.net/index.php

scoot-magee

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

Great stuff man.

Anyway I tried pretty much everything the guy above me did with the same results. I just wanted to add that I was using sfz guy in hff2 and the game crashed on the 2nd part of stage one. There also seems to be some sound problems with hff2. Usually when punching people you will hear all types of static.

Thraxen

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

OK, I need some help here.  I can't figure out how to select PAK files.  I think I've got everything installed correctly, but when I start the game it auto-loads the MegaMan Xtreme Legends PAK file I've got in there every single times... and it's not even the one named "BOR.PAK".  And, yes, I do have one with that name.

I did have version one installed before this and the MegaMan pak was the last game I had loaded (it was named "bor.pak" at that time.  With the new version I renamed the MegaMan pak and used the original BoR pak as "bor.pak".  I also deleted the BoR save from the MS Dash as I would with an update of any Xbox app... so I really don't know what the issue is.

Also, is there any sort of screen size adjustment?  I can't read what is on the bottom of the screen.  For example, I can't see what software filter is being used because most of the text is cut off.

This post has been edited by Thraxen: Feb 19 2006, 06:52 AM

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

Make sure you delete your previous save file first if version one was used before.
When the screen "not produced by or under licence from sega" appears you should see: D BOR.PAK in bold RED text at the top of the screen. just press left or right on the d-pad to select a pack , the pack files can be named anything you want.
but the you must have at least one pak file named BOR.PAK in the root directory..

to change the screen size it's in options just above "Back"

Hope that helps !!

EDIT: I can the hear the snap , crackle , and pop in every game , and it only occurrs when 2 or more SFX play
at the same time..
could it be that the sound effects output is too high ?

This post has been edited by Nemo1985X: Feb 19 2006, 06:02 AM

porchepuppy

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

This is great, keep up the good work

Thraxen

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nemo1985X @ Feb 18 2006, 10:18 PM) *

Make sure you delete your previous save file first if version one was used before.
When the screen "not produced by or under licence from sega" appears you should see: D BOR.PAK in bold RED text at the top of the screen. just press left or right on the d-pad to select a pack , the pack files can be named anything you want.
but the you must have at least one pak file named BOR.PAK in the root directory..

to change the screen size it's in options just above "Back"

Hope that helps !!

EDIT: I can the hear the snap , crackle , and pop in every game , and it only occurrs when 2 or more SFX play
at the same time..
could it be that the sound effects output is too high ?

Thanks... that's what I needed to know.  The Read Me file didn't really explain how to choose the PAK.  I kept expecting to see a list or something.  I saw the PAK listed at the top, but I thought that was the name of the pak that was already being loaded.

Kirby2000

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

Just a quick note for X-Port reguarding the crashes mentioned above.

As far as I can tell the DOS version is a little less picky with the code than other formats. It seems to let a few things slide that would normally cause the game to crash.

I maintain a Windows port in my spare time, each time I update it to the latest OpenBOR I've had to make a few changes that aren't immediately obvious. Most of these changes involve non-existant data trying to be read and hence crashing and are only really noticed after quite a while playing.

Having not used the XDK very much I'm not sure what sort of debugging facilities you have access to, but for me, using Visual C++ 6.0, most of these errors were very easy to fix once I was given enough information to be able to recreate them.

Please, anyone who wants to report a bug here, state which mod you were using, what level you were playing and exactly what you were doing at the time as this makes recreating the error much simpler.

rmase

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

The mod 'BEAT OF FIGHTING' does not work at all. When it's loading (in the black screen), it hangs at 'cacheing flash'. Also, Is it possible to make an option so you can return to a menu where you can choose another mod to play, cuz now you have to exit the whole program and load it again to choose a mod to play.

You can download 'BEAT OF FIGHTING' here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGX80WOZ

Thanks

rmase

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

^^^^Hey guy’s, this is an update to my previous post. I have some more bugs to report.

1) The mod 'BEAT OF FIGHTING' does not work at all. When it's loading (in the black screen), it hangs at 'cacheing flash'.

You can download 'BEAT OF FIGHTING' here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGX80WOZ

2) The mod 'FINAL FIGHT DC' doesn't work also. When it's loading (in the black screen), it hangs at 'cacheing guy'.

You can download 'FINAL FIGHT DC' here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NYBR4597

3) DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCE just hangs if you do a supper move (spinning kick) or something else
4) DOUBLE DRAGON EXTREME just hangs at the loading screen (loading the first level)…
5) The mod 'FINAL FIGHT APOCALYPS – WEAPONS EDITION' doesn't work at all. When it's loading (in the black screen), it hangs at 'cacheing guy'.  

You can download 'FINAL FIGHT APOCALYPS – WEAPONS EDITION' here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q5J63MPW

6) FINAL FIGHT APOCALYPS (no weapons) hangs after you choose your character….
It gives the following message: “Unable to load file/data/chrs//a104.gif’(may be out of memory)” That’s the whole message I get on screen.

You can download 'FINAL FIGHT APOCALYPS here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RNVYDZZU

7) The Rhythm of Destruction games don’t work (they won’t load) The Street fighter version loads but hangs later on.

You can download them here: (it is a discjuggler image so you have to extract the .PAK file…)

http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/game_borr2rod.php

Also, just like everybody else stated, there are sound problems in all mods. Loud crackling sounds when more than one sound plays at the same time and some times no sound at all (missing sounds) when doing moves (CRISIS EVIL 2).

You can download CRISIS EVIL 2 here: (it is a discjuggler image so you have to extract the .PAK file…)

http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/game_crisisevil.php

Also, is it possible to make an option so you can return to a menu where you can choose another mod to play, cuz now you have to exit the whole program and load it again to choose a mod to play. It’s not a big problem, I was just wondering…

Again, I’m not complaining at all, I think X-port (and Kirby2000) is doing a fantastic job!!

Thank you for making this emulator possible on Xbox and sorry for the long post…

This post has been edited by rmase: Feb 19 2006, 10:52 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3]