xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beats Of Ragex V2  (Read 630 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kirby2000 @ Feb 16 2006, 05:07 PM) *

Hi Xport.

Thanks for including the source.

What version of Visual Studio did you use to compile this?

I maintain the current Windows port of OpenBOR and am about to release a 3-4 player version. If I were to update the Xbox port using this new code, would I be able to read pads 3 & 4 as easily as 1 & 2 or would I need to consider adding extra code?

Thanks again for the new port.

MS Visual Studio .NET 2003

Some extra XBox code would be required, but I imagine it would be very simple - just look at how the XBox input is working for pads 1&2 and I'm sure you won't have any trouble with 3&4.  If you make your update soon-ish, I'll do it for you.

Since I've got your ear - check out the changes I made to the playlevel() function.  The way things worked in the original was that the models would be continually loaded into memory and never freed.  This helps with load times, but on the XBox, it results in a memory constraint problem fairly quickly (after about 3 or 4 levels).  You may want to put some kind of memory setting as an option and add some code to ensure that objects will be freed based on a least-recently-used scenario to ensure that the memory boundary is not hit.

BanjoK

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

The memory going up while running BOR has been an unsolved problem for a long time. The memory stops going up once you finish the game so that you can play the game twice without it freezing. This is amazing news if you have been able to fix the memory problem.

sp1200

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

Awesome to see you still kicking!

vision

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

This is the best News I've Heard in a long time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Thanx X. Now where can I get it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

BanjoK

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

vision you are not allowed to request files built with the XDK. You can get them using Xbins. There is a tutorial for using Xbins at this website.

pirichios

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
OH MY GOD!
Xport is active!
this is the greatest news since the invention of slice bread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Thanks A LOT for this fine release Xport. you kick butt!
Thanks for being one of the few that have made having an xbox more than worthwhile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
i can not state how happy i am to see this release
keep rocking Xport(yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Xport!! )
Again,
thanks a lot

Jagger

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

Hey XPort. Good to see you're still around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

dcsteve

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »

Xport,
  On behalf of all Members at Bor Revolution (500+), Thank you.

Tulius

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  Hey thanks for updating Beats of Rage with OpenBor engine...
 Just tested with a MOD named Double Dragon extreme, title screen appears, game mode selection ok, but just freezes into loading screen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)  is this memory problems? (I have 128Mb in the mobo, but maybe there's no support for extra memory yet)
 What MODs are the users of the forum using?

Gage

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

First of all, great to see you back XPort.  Now for my problem.  I tested all four of the Rhythm of Destruction remixes and non of them want to load. Red, Blue and the Street Fighter remixes all froze during the character cacheing in the beginning. The SNK remix did load, however when I select a character and the first level starts to load, it freezes. One thing I noticed is that for the remixes that freeze during cacheing, those .PAK files are very large, larger than the original BoR game. Meanwhile, the SNK remix, is smaller than the original game. Don't know if that means anything. The original game however does work fine. Hope this problem is just me and not the program itself.

This post has been edited by Gage: Feb 17 2006, 09:13 PM

XPort

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

To the people stating that certain packs do not work - I need direct links to where I can download them.

BanjoK

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

BOR Revolution, which is the main site for all BOR mods, is down. However since I am so knowledgeable concerning BOR I know of another website for BOR mods. The website is as follows.

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,11

The only place where Beats of Rage Remixed 2: Rhythm of Destruction is available is at the following website.

http://www.dcevolution.net/game_borr2rod.php

Unfortunately this mod is available only in DiscJuggler format. The PAK file must be extracted from within the image file.

This post has been edited by BanjoK: Feb 18 2006, 04:04 PM

Tulius

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  maybe this link helps:

http://borhosting.com/index.php/Mods

there are paks to openBOR and BOR...what's the differences?

vision

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

I only come across 1 problem. Ths sound is distorted on fall animations and if more than 1 person falls then it gets very loud an crunchy like. slightly annoying. No very annoyng. Otherwise Great port. And very up to date, even by BOR standards. Witch is updated every other day.

This post has been edited by vision: Feb 18 2006, 05:50 PM

kungpow12345

• Archived User
Beats Of Ragex V2
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

-Tested my Sailor Moon mod
-Certain characters either crash the game when they grab someone,when they do a grab attack or when they throw them.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Link for the mod: http://smgames.sailor-games.com/downloads/sailormoon/smh.zip

It's a very small mod only about 17mb so memory would definitely not be an issue.

I know on the earlier release, naming the files a certain way would crash the game. I dunno if this is the case now or not.

Pages: 1 [2] 3