xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: No Sega Saturn Emu  (Read 1203 times)

Jonesy_47

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »

This might actually be worth keeping an eye on. Thanks, sirmatto.

georaldc

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(AmyGrrl @ May 14 2006, 08:30 AM) View Post

After reading this thread... it makes me glad I still have my modded Saturn.... =happy.gif=

I gotta look for a way to mod my saturn too. Damn that swap trick method. I've only had success 2 out of 30 or more tries, lol. Swapping is a nightmare, especially ifyou have a model 2 saturn like me sad.gif

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(georaldc @ May 14 2006, 05:24 AM) View Post

I gotta look for a way to mod my saturn too. Damn that swap trick method. I've only had success 2 out of 30 or more tries, lol. Swapping is a nightmare, especially ifyou have a model 2 saturn like me sad.gif

I used to mod saturns back in the day....when i get all caught up on my projects, i've got around 11 saturn systems here due for mods.....if only i could clone myself...

QUOTE(Jonesy_47 @ May 13 2006, 02:39 PM) View Post

Argah, i feel like an ass for saying this but that ssf build alexlexus left a link for has potential. I wouldnt normally say that but it was running pretty much top-speed on my piece of shit laptop (MUCH better than girigiri-cassini ever did on my highend desktop). I really have no idea whether or not this is open source tho. I just put up a post on his(her?) site asking but it was an alta-vista translation question so i have no idea if my question even makes sense. What i DO know is that it was running Panzer Dragoon and Policenauts very well on my 1.3 ghz processor laptop with very little memory and spyware havoc galore. Cripes, psx doesnt even work well at all on my laptop. Maybe i just want this to exist far too much...whatever, at least (hopefully, if my question made any sense at all) we'll know if this thing is open source or not.

Update: Not good. Saturn Shack says its not open source. im still not sure but im not holding my breath at this point (not that i really ever was). Worth a shot i guess...

I was under the impression that no emulator for saturn exists that will run on anything short of an AMD64 chip.  I've got an athlonXP 3200 barton and SSF won't run on my system at all.

georaldc

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ May 15 2006, 05:55 AM) View Post

I used to mod saturns back in the day....when i get all caught up on my projects, i've got around 11 saturn systems here due for mods.....if only i could clone myself...
I was under the impression that no emulator for saturn exists that will run on anything short of an AMD64 chip.  I've got an athlonXP 3200 barton and SSF won't run on my system at all.

SSF uses SSE2. Athlon xp cpus don't support sse2 (only semprons and above I believe, as well as Pentium 4s), which explains why it won't boot on your pc.

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(georaldc @ May 14 2006, 06:02 PM) View Post

SSF uses SSE2. Athlon xp cpus don't support sse2 (only semprons and above I believe, as well as Pentium 4s), which explains why it won't boot on your pc.

*sighs*  stupid SSF.....not a fan of cassini, but GiriGiri worked fine for me for the most part.

VampX

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2006, 06:24:00 AM »

Then all we need is to swap our xbox cpu's for other cpu's that SFF will support,
then Xport can reverse engineer SFF in a couple minutes and port it to the xbox.

like alexlexus would say "it can be done!!"

sarcasm..overload...

georaldc

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ May 15 2006, 09:05 AM) View Post

*sighs*  stupid SSF.....not a fan of cassini, but GiriGiri worked fine for me for the most part.

Well, I guess it was to improve overall performance. But man, I used to use cassini before, but when I got a new a64 cpu and tried SSF, I never looked back. Its just plain better than cassini, and I appreciate the author, who actually does his best to improve the emulator, unlike frankenstein-put together job cassini.

enderandrew

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »

He said almost every week.  48 times a year would be almost once a week.

Don't flame him and call him a moron when you didn't read/comprehend what he wrote.

VampX

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(bmurf @ May 17 2006, 07:58 AM) View Post

do your research.  there are 52 weeks in a year.  moron.

learn to read moron.

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(AmyGrrl @ May 19 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

You should.. it's one of the easiest to mod.. I only had to solder 2 wires... the timing wire and the power wire.... I got my Saturn ModChip from Lik-Sang years ago.... before they were forced to stop selling mod stuff... was worth every penny... I wish thier was a way to tunnel Netlink games over the internet would love to play some of the 5 whole games that support it....*sigh*

Racketboy and jandaman both sell saturn chips.  the SegaExtreme forums showed how to make the newer chips work on the older systems.

someone could write a tunneling program to work with the netlink if they tried hard enough...but no one will, i'm sure.

aldercy101

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »

nope doupt it would happen, sega saturn wasnt that popular so it wouldnt be worth trying to make an emulator for it on the xbox

VampX

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(aldercy101 @ Feb 9 2008, 06:40 PM) View Post

nope doupt it would happen, sega saturn wasnt that popular so it wouldnt be worth trying to make an emulator for it on the xbox

Why did you feel you had to bump a thread from 2006? you did not even add anything interesting to the conversation.

DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS!

HotKnife420

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Feb 10 2008, 12:23 AM) View Post

DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS!

Since someone else *did* bump it, I'll assume it safe to add a post to it wink.gif

I recently came across a site from a dude developing a saturn emu for windows (I think) called SaturnTV. I've still got a Saturn, but I'd love to see an emu, especially if there's hopes of a port on the 360/PS3 (once homebrew blows up, that is).

VampX

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Feb 22 2008, 05:06 AM) View Post

Since someone else *did* bump it, I'll assume it safe to add a post to it wink.gif

I recently came across a site from a dude developing a saturn emu for windows (I think) called SaturnTV. I've still got a Saturn, but I'd love to see an emu, especially if there's hopes of a port on the 360/PS3 (once homebrew blows up, that is).

Looks interesting enough, though the person working on it does not seem to work on it actively,
judging from his posts on the main site and his forum its pretty much an on/off project for him.

(one post in his forum mentioned that he's been working on it since 2003 or something)

I think it will be quite some time before it reaches perfect emulation like epsxe did for PS1.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
No Sega Saturn Emu
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Feb 22 2008, 06:37 PM) View Post

Looks interesting enough, though the person working on it does not seem to work on it actively,
judging from his posts on the main site and his forum its pretty much an on/off project for him.

(one post in his forum mentioned that he's been working on it since 2003 or something)

I think it will be quite some time before it reaches perfect emulation like epsxe did for PS1.

I believe if anything, we might see one once homebrew activity spikes on either the 360 or the PS3. I think more people with programming skill will be interested in. Especially considering making it a mini-PC of sorts (capable CPU/GPU/RAM, HD content, etc) that's very cost effective. Even the design of the case itself is somewhat PC-esque, but I digress...

Either way, someone's still gonna have to do it right, before we can begin crossing our fingers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6