xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Z26x Current Discussion  (Read 340 times)

simba115

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

Hi! I just tried out the Z26x. I noticed people were posting asking for a save state to be added to a new version. I can't figure out if the save states have been implemented because in the latest faq for v4, it talks about new functions to delete and manage save states, but in my version, if I try to save it says 'save state not implemented' yet I have all the options to manage save games, and delete save games for each game. So I don't understand why these new options if we still can't save..

hargle

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

I believe this comes down to a more recently updated UI, which allows for state managing (because that's not emulator specific) vs the code required to actually save/restore the states, which is emulator specific.

So, yeah, the manager is there in the UI, the actual saver/restorer isn't there.  Hopefully this thread is getting banged enough that xport will notice there are those of us out there who use it and will update it. (or release the source code)

While I'm yammering away here, I'll point out my z26x documentation page.

This is certainly a topic that could be explained in the documentation better.  It's a wiki, so I invite you to give it a whirl!

simba115

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

Thanks I'll check out your doc page. yes, the whole save state thing is confusing. especially since if I go into options for the save game management there seem to be save game files I can delete.. files with .key and stuff not sure where they came from!

hargle

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

.key files are the emulator mapping setups for that particular game. They're generated automatically when you first launch a game so you don't have to setup the game every time you launch it.

sodapopinsky

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »

Has their been any progress made on the paddle issue?  Some of the paddle games were always my favorites.

madmab

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

This emu has not been updated in a long while.

searchmonkey

• Archived User
Z26x Current Discussion
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

I would ask for stelladaptor support

its designed for the use of both classic atari stick AND the paddle controllers, both the tennis and racing versions.

Z26 for windows already has support for the paddle built in.  the stick uses usb hid drivers

orig contollers would make make xbox emulation of atari 2600 games a bit more usable and greatly appriciated

http://www.stelladaptor.com/
http://www.stelladap...aptorManual.pdf

thanks
searchmonkey
Pages: 1 [2]