xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Winuaex Current Discussion  (Read 1240 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Winuaex Current Discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Retroplay @ Feb 13 2007, 12:46 PM) View Post

I did mention this earlier but thought I probably should do it again.. so here goes.
There's a nasty bug in the current WinUAEX regarding harddrives that's really annoying.
If I boot Workbench from a hdf file or any other bootable hdf for that matter WinUAEX still detect a disk in drive DF0 as DF0:??? even when no disk is inserted.
That's not supposed happen and it affects some WHD installs such as Jaguar XJ220 and Agony.
It's impossible to save progress in Jaguar and Agony refuses to save highscores.

Is it possible to insert a disk image into that drive and have the games work?

Yosamite

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Retroplay @ Feb 15 2007, 07:24 PM) View Post

I already did try that but it didn't solve anything I'm afraid. sad.gif

I found a way around this. Create some blank dd disks from the menu and make sure these are in the drives before you start the hdd. Only works for the first three drives though. Do not use the same image for multiple drives though. Must be a different image for each drive. This way you can boot into workbench and have access to 3 floppy drives.

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

That's not what I meant.
When I boot a hdf file with no disk in df0, df1 etc. it still detects a corrupted disk in drive df0.
Some whd installs rely on 'redirected' disks in the hdf as savedisk and apparently WinUAEX gets confused and only see the disk in df0.

Ragee

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »

When I load a game I only get a white screen.
What am I doing wrong?

bassquake

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

Hi,

Great emu!

Just one thing... I seem to have a problem of both controllers controlling the same character on two player games like alienbreed2. So both joypads would move player one and doesnt do anything to player two, if I press the Y button, itll trigger something (like firing a gun) on player 2 but not 1 like the joypad. Weird!

Do I need to set something in the emu's settings?

Thanks

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »

If you are considering revisiting WinUAEX would it be possible to see if you can fix the border emulation problems?

I am aware of the gap between the WinUAEX and WinUAE codebases (mainly because as the emulation has improved the CPU overhead has increased exponentially)

The border problems have been fixed for a long time and I am sure that Toni Willen would be willing to help point out the fixes you'd need to lift.

http://eab.abime.net...hlight=register

killergorilla

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »

I've used WinUAEX a hell of a lot up until now, running all of my old Amiga games with 908x624 res on a nice 50Hz CRT.  And I have always been very impressed smile.gif

Trouble is, I've just bought a new TV, an HDTV.  I've used the Enigma switcher to change to NTSC and now all my DVDs, XBMC and various emulators are running in 720p and I'm very happy with the results.

The only trouble is, most Amiga games were designed with PAL in mind.  With my Xbox set to NTSC it means that 50Hz mode has now gone out of the window.

I've noticed in one of the posts in this thread that it says 908×624 looks absolutely fine in both 720x576 and 720 x 480.  

I've never run an Amiga in NTSC for obvious reasons but how can 908x624 look ok on BOTH 576 and 480?

Surely games like project-x, which use a bucket load of overscan, will look compressed vertically?

Or will WinUAEX continue to output in PAL resolution (I know PAL itself doesn't define the resolution but you know what I mean) but at 60Hz?

I figure that games that had an load of empty black space at the top/bottom (to allow easy use/conversion on NTSC amigas) will now fill the whole screen?

I'm basically looking to get the best possible picture here with no tearing or 'shimmering' where certain areas of pixels are wider than the rest.  I understand this will have to be 60Hz but I'm still not too sure as to what my options are regarding picture size/resolution.

Bear in mind I've not had the chance to actually test this out yet as my bridge has died so I can't ftp stuff across at the moment.

Oh and good to see some EAB regulars on here btw, hi alexh  biggrin.gif

kimota2004

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

Another small problem I have noticed is that you cannot use save states when playing a CD32 game, is this a problem with the original WinUAE? (I'm sorry I don't run it on my PC so I have no way of telling) or rather a problem exclusive to the Xbox port?

Thanks

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

I have used savestates with Litil Divil CD32.  blink.gif

kimota2004

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »

Hmm, well every time I load a save state it will go to the point from where I saved, but when ever it next needs to load something in it just sits there doing nothing.  unsure.gif

I'm using ISO format, not an actual CD if that makes any difference.

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

I used Xport's cddissect proggie to rip the TOSEC verified image, works fine for me.  smile.gif

Raidennn

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »

Hey all. well i guess im noob. But does anyone know where i can download the latest version of WinUAE-X?

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

From the first post:

QUOTE(XPort @ Aug 28 2004, 12:50 PM) View Post

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than WinUAEX.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for WinUAEX.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned

scenic_pastures

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »

Black screen when running .adf games with winuaex v16.
Whenever i try and run supercars 2 or any other game I get a black screen similar to what Godflesh was getting. I can hear the music just not see any video. When i click right thumbstick I can see a screenshot in the top right hand corner of what i should see but get a black screen when i return to the game.
I have tried various hardware filter settings and leave software filter settings to none.
any help would be much appreciated. I have searched for similar problems and found a thread saying something about 2xsimple filter being the cause, this is a software filter right?

Toofan

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2008, 05:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(scenic_pastures @ Aug 9 2007, 07:35 AM) View Post

Black screen when running .adf games with winuaex v16.
Whenever i try and run supercars 2 or any other game I get a black screen similar to what Godflesh was getting. I can hear the music just not see any video. When i click right thumbstick I can see a screenshot in the top right hand corner of what i should see but get a black screen when i return to the game.
I have tried various hardware filter settings and leave software filter settings to none.
any help would be much appreciated. I have searched for similar problems and found a thread saying something about 2xsimple filter being the cause, this is a software filter right?

I have the exact same problem & its very annoying. turned filter off. & have tried diff versions on winuaex v17, v16, v14, ..no luck sad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8