xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Winuaex Current Discussion  (Read 1235 times)

doop

• Archived User
Winuaex Current Discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bazz007 @ Jun 6 2005, 11:44 PM)
the 'Y' button is the default for the Amiga's left mouse button or press left thumb stick & choose Esc on the keyboard to skip the cracktro......

cheers Bazz I have tried this but on some games it doesnt work for me, "Benefactor" being one, will have another go tonight

thanks again for the speedy reply
 :beer:

I also dont know howto map auto fire ?

This post has been edited by doop: Jun 6 2005, 11:24 PM

ghostdogkilla

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

has anyone got a reason as to why no roms other than 13 work for some people (ie crashes on 3.0)

youtookmyname

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

I am having problems setting up the joypads correctly for two player games. Both pads control the same player on Sensible World of Soccer. I have tried changing settings such  as joystick a to joystick b and it doesnt seem to make a difference

uhh.gif

Any help you can give is appreciated.

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

Q: What about 4 joystick support?
A: To my knowledge, WinUAE (and Amigas in general) only had 2 joystick ports. If you are referring to support for all 4 XBox joypad ports, then that functionality already exists.

The amiga could have had up to 4 Joysticks.
There is an amiga parallel port adapter for 2 additional joystick ports. Games like Dyna Blaster support them. WinUAE supports it as well.
You can use this adapter even on pc for two amiga/c64 joysticks.

This post has been edited by SilentBob1638: Jun 29 2005, 02:51 PM

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

Is there any 'Renamer Tool' to make my diskfilenames xbox filesystem compliant? Most filenames based on the TOSEC naming convention are way to long for the xbox. Does XPort support ISO9660:1999 CDs/DVDs for long filenames or is it possible to mount such iso files from HDD?

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »

Seems that ISO9660:1999 DVDs/CDs work. But names aren't comfortable to read due to limited visible chars at once. Listing should be placed on full horizontal screen size with smaller font size with at least 128 chars visible at once. There are registered names in tosec database that go beyond 140 chars or more.

This post has been edited by SilentBob1638: Jun 29 2005, 06:54 PM

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »

Hmm.. after a second look ISO9660:1999 doesn't work. Names seem ok but xport doesn't load them. So UDF (255 chars) should be our friend. Nero is only capable to burn 127 chars with UDF and craxtion4 produces buggy images with very long filenames. Last man standing is the ms original and that one worked so far. At least an image with a 140 chars filename was created and could be successfully unpacked with craxtion. Let's see if it loads in xport...

parabolee

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

Can anyone tell me why I can't save to a virtual blank disk?

I am wanting to move my SWOS save to another Amiga emulator (mainly PSP UAE) but I can not get WINUAEX to save onto my virtual blank diak, I get a DISK ERROR every time.

I can't find any controls to set the disk drive to WRITE PROTECT ON/OFF. Could this be the issue?

Are the save states in WINUAEX compatible with ant other version of UAE? If so I could get one of those to open my save state and then save the game.

Thanks

vannillabear

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »

hi,

thanks for the great port of one of my favourite systems! beerchug.gif

quick question though, i've changed the settings in winuaex so that all the paths point to its own folder (screenshots, saves, roms etc) keeping it neat and tidy, problem is that although the saves path is set for within its folder it still creates the winuaex.ini file within a saves folder in the root of the drive.

if i move or delete this i obviously loose the settings, so id rather keep it wink.gif  what i'm trying to find out is, can i alter a config file or something similar so that winuaex looks in a different folder for this file on launch (like how some emulators need the cfg files edited to point them to the right rom path etc)?  allowing me to copy the settings within its directory and point to that, and in turn stopping it creating loads of unneeded folders in the root of my drive.

hope that makes sense unsure.gif

thanks in advance.

ps. i searched and searched and couldnt come up with anything, if theres a post already out their i'd appreciate a point in the right direction.  thanks.

vannillabear

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

tried moving the winuaex.ini to the same folder as the default.xbe and deleting the saves folder it created in the root of the drive, it now loads and remembers the settings (using the winuaex.ini in the same folder as the xbe) but it still creates a save folder in the root with a mirror copy of the winuaex.ini file.

any ideas?

ps. after testing it with other emulators (that i think are xport projects), they seem to do the same thing.  i can stop them creating the other folders (screenshots etc) but not the saves...it always wants to make that in the root huh.gif

vannillabear

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »

Hi,

Sorry for the triple post, huh.gif  after much searching and trying many different search arguments I found posts explaining that all the xport projects do this..
Q: Why can't I get rid of the E:\SAVES\<EMULATOR> directory and the *.INI files there?

A: Let's say that you want to save all of your INI files and save files, etc, to a
new directory called F:\FOO. How is the emulator supposed to know that you want
to save everything in F:\FOO? It has to read that directory from an INI file. Where is it
supposed to look for that INI file? There has to be a standard, static place
that the emulator can look for the INI file. You're probably thinking to yourself,
"Why not read it in the same directory that the XBE is located?" Well, what about the
people who want to burn the emulator to a disc and play it like that? Yes, you can
still read the INI file from the disc, but what about when they want to make configuration
changes? Where should those configuration changes be saved? It obviously cannot be
written back to the D drive since that is a disc and cannot be written to by the XBox.
This is why the emulators are saving the INI data to the standard directory of
E:\SAVES\EMULATORNAME.

...but I have also seen posts about people editing the xbe using a hex editor to change this...does anyone have any pointers on how to do this?
In the end i guess it doesnt matter though, I just prefer to keep my E drive clean and store all my stuff on the F drive. unsure.gif

1st class rookie

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

hey, i have a question regarding controller configuration..

i can't configure the controller so i'll be able to play games w/ the Lstick instead of the Dpad, i change the but the emu doesn't seem to identify it and i can only play w/ the Dpad..

anyone?

watcherofwatchers

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »

Has anyone here managed to get mouse and keyboard working yet apart from going back to version 7?

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2005, 02:33:00 AM »

@XPort

Firstly thanks for everything you have done.  I know that thousands of Commodore Amiga fans down here in Australia all love your awesome work!

I have been running WinUAE 1.1 (now 1.1.1) for over a month now without any issues and am wondering how much effort would be involved in dropping a new release for the Xbox?

Cheers,
Bourkie

(Ozzy Amiga disciple since 1988)

This post has been edited by bourke: Nov 5 2005, 10:33 AM

ricflairandy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »

is xport about anymore?

Id love to see the new comp pro usb joystick working in winuae. Would be fantastic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8