xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Vice64x Current Discussion  (Read 881 times)

Jetset Willy

• Archived User
Vice64x Current Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

Or is there any way you could do this yourself, get the database from some of the gb frontends for the pc or something?

AbRASiON

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

So I take it C64 emulation (updates) is pretty much over right?

kimota2004

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

There is always hope..  biggrin.gif

Worped

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

A while back, someone talked about problems getting vice64x to run in 720p mode.  No one ever responded and I find that I'm having the same difficulties.

If I run the xbox in 480i/p mode, vice64x works fine.  I see that there's a menu option to switch to 720p mode, but when I try that, it tells me that it's not valid.  As soon as I enable 720p mode on the xbox and run vice64x, the screen is filled with garbage.  I've tried navigating through the menus (remembering the number of ups/downs/clicks) to try to switch to 720p.  That doesn't appear to work, either.

Any thoughts at all?  Vice64 seems to be ideal, but not if I have to switch the xbox back to 420p mode first.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

I think that is a know problem with 1.6 xbox's that only recently was fixed in the recent iterations of x-ports menu system.

blackystardust68

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

Hiya,

I'm one of the developers of the main-stream version of VICE and I would like to merge the Xbox version into the main-stream version, where can I find the source code for the Xbox version though?

lordsnipe

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

Hi,

A little late to the party but have a question which I can't seem to find the answer for:

Is there anywhere where I can set the default game parameters?

I'd like to always use 'True 1541 emulation' and 'Sid Filters' turned off. I find I'm having to manually change this on every disk image I select.

Is there a defaults screen (or in the ini file) where I can change this?

Cheers

Prowler

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

One thing I've noticed (in a way I guess it's a bug) is that the top and bottom of the border in NTSC mode is not as thick as in PAL mode.  I have the game screen size set to x=0 y=0 maxx=640 maxy=480.  PAL mode will render the screen with the typical thick border that nicely fills the screen like a real C64 but NTSC will have a thinner border at the top and bottom.  Unless the y position is changed, then the image is drawn at the top of the screen (0, 0) with an unused black area at the bottom.

Now for a small feature request, it would be great if the favorites list could use the game name from GameBase64 (instead of the zip filename) when a game is added to the favorites from GameBase64.

kimota2004

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »

The NTSC border problem exists in the PC version of WinVice so I doubt there's a lot that XPort can do about that. But I second the request for the GameBase files names in the favourites folder, that would be lovely.

One thing I am keen to bring up regarding the latest few releases (since the big update) is that the sound is broken, since the option for stereo SID was implemented. Other people have noticed this, but very few have commented on it. It's a rather big problem as it makes the sound skip every 20 seconds or so and therefore I'm relegated to use the older versions that only support Gamebase V1.  There is also an issue with the screen resizing, when you use the new scaling feature (that criss cross patterned screen) to size up the picture to the correct ratio a little piece of it left on the bottom of the screen making it look really messy. Like I say these flaws are really noticeable and have stopped me and a fair few other C64 fans no doubt, from upgrading to the latest releases. Hopefully you will read this XPort and have a look at it when you have the time as other than these flaws it's one of the most perfect and complete emulators on the Xbox.  love.gif

Cheers

edit: One more request here actually, please please PLEASE XPort could you possibly add the controls for play, stop, rewind etc with the tape counter from WinVice to enable all us hardcore fans to run multiload games from .TAP files? that would really add the finished polish off to an already outstanding emu!

Prowler

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(kimota2004 @ Jun 19 2007, 10:18 AM) View Post

The NTSC border problem exists in the PC version of WinVice so I doubt there's a lot that XPort can do about that

How about automatically vertically centering the screen in NTSC mode then?  That would be just as good as it would save me from having to play with the y offset if switching to NTSC mode.  So no bug, but a feature request. smile.gif

...it's one of the most perfect and complete emulators on the Xbox.  love.gif

Ah yes, so true.

tomalars

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

Hi,

I know this is somewhat covered in the FAQ, but still I would like to request the possibility to see more than a limited number of files in a folder when using the game browser.

I have burned my roms to dvd:s and therefore it's not so easy to rearrange them into subfolders (copying them to the hd wouldn't work either because of the length of the filenames). Reburn? Nooo please smile.gif

I guess this is more of a general request but since I just love your VICE port I felt that it would be enough to have it there!

shorty

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »

If you mean the limitation of 4096 files per directory, then it's a hardware limitation and nothing can be done about it.

If it's some other limitation, then i don't know, something i must've missed.

Shorty

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »

4096 files is a FatX (xbox filesystem) limitation.  Best to split up your games in directories.  For example A-B, C-E, etc.

shorty

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

YEs, it is a xbox filesystem limitation.... your problem could also ve related to one of the ISO9660 limitations,  Wiki.

I'd say best to just re-burn your CD.

Shorty

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

I'm uploading updated GB64 v05 screenshots and dat files for Vice64X to xbox.nugnugnug.com

Converting the screenshots was a little tricky because GameBase64 use PNG's now instead of GIF's.
gb64_xboxrename.exe (provided with Vice64X) only supports GIF images so I had to convert all PNG's provided with GB64 v05 to GIF.
I also had to edit the GBC_v05.MDB in Access so screenshots where listed as GIF's.
Nevertheless it's done now and it works fine in Vice64X.
Updated GB dats for Vice64X is included in archive.
Now I just have to wait for the upload to finish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7