xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Stepmaniax Current Discussion  (Read 1366 times)

HeadBangingMonkey

• Archived User
Stepmaniax Current Discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

I got the impression that in the last weeks or so the stepmania team (?) got Stepmania working for XBox. The CVS says it works (although only on an evox m7 bios or something). I've downloaded the CVS but haven't had the time to compile and try it.

No more issues with the amount of songs biggrin.gif

So Will XPort be the official candidate for release Stepmania/StepmaniaX on the Xbox, or are we to asume that its now developed by the Stepmania team... Exscuse my confusion, but I'm not sure, just curious

[EDIT]

Nevermind, re-read some posts and understand better, cheers.

(Still going to try compiling that CVS)

[/EDIT]

Rodent

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

i hope,
they all are working on their own ports,

as to be able to choose is never something bad, right? smile.gif

rgds
alex

Morbidsoul

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

So I have a feeling that I will never get the 2100+ songs I have to work on the xbox huh... Crashes druing the first load every time. sad.gif

Ichibo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »

So I have a feeling that I will never get the 2100+ songs I have to work on the xbox huh... Crashes druing the first load every time. 

Just make multiple copies of Stepmania~~~~~
  1)  Take the base files of Stepmania and make 3 copies of them.  Stepmania1, Stepmania2, Stepmania3.
  2)  Put a chunk of the songs in the first one.  Put another chunk of songs in the second one.  Repeat for the 3rd.
  3)  Put a seperate link for each Stepmania xbe into your dashboard menu.
  4)  Play

It won't let you play with all 2100 songs at once, but with each copy of Stepmania holding about 500~ songs, you should be able to live with it.

HeadBangingMonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Morbidsoul @ Sep 16 2004, 07:36 PM)
So I have a feeling that I will never get the 2100+ songs I have to work on the xbox huh... Crashes druing the first load every time. sad.gif

As I said: I got the impression that with the latest CVS there isn't a song limitation problem.

Fract504

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

Question about Dance Mat plugged in Port 3:

Do I really have to use port 1 when using StepmaniaX?
Or is there a way to configure StepmaniaX to use port 3?

Maybe someone knows a solution.

Regards,

Fract504 rolleyes.gif

Zapata

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

Hi Xport ´n all!

Installed StepmaniaX today on the X, have a few questions ok?

My characters don't have any textures too them, whats wrong?

Whats PUMP? when i select it my xbox freezes with a looping sound!

What tools do you guys use to rename the song files and directories to work with FATX (remove: , + over 42chars etc) i have over 100 songs and some can't be copied.

Is it easy to make your own song files, are there any tools etc?

Video would be lovely but i'm sure it's coming  beerchug.gif

/Z

Keiichi

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

Here are some of my feature requests:
Video Support
Being able to make and save preset controller schemes like being able to have a control pad mode and and a dance pad mode so it's more like the DDR home versions.
Ability to save/read profiles from memory cards.
Making editing stepfiles and courses controller friendly.
HiDef Support (1080i *drool*)
Better ability to take screenshots, like being able to use a controller on port 3/4 and being able to have it at the resolution that the game is currently running (if HD resolution is used, then it takes it at HD not the default 640x480 etc)
Support for the SmartXX LCD and Xecuter3's XLCD that shows various stats etc etc.

I know that's too much but that's my wishlist.
Thanks for the great port.

PacoSuave

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

I have an issue with the current version of stepmaniaX. If the second controller becomes unplugged, the game won't recognize it again until you reset stepmaniax...this is a BIG PROBLEM for me as my dance pads sometimes show up as being disconnected for a second.  IT'S SO ANNOYING..because I have to restart the program everytime it happends.  If you have any ideas let me know.

Master_Chiefzor

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

I have an issue with the current version of stepmaniaX. If the second controller becomes unplugged, the game won't recognize it again until you reset stepmaniax...this is a BIG PROBLEM for me as my dance pads sometimes show up as being disconnected for a second. IT'S SO ANNOYING..because I have to restart the program everytime it happends. If you have any ideas let me know.

I have a similar problem. Occasionally my second pad will stop recognizing button presses altogether...even when it *is* still plugged in. Unplugging the pad and plugging it back in does nothing, and the only remedy for this problem that I know of is resetting the stepmania.

Another problem I have, is that once you change your arrows so that they are hidden, you cannot change them back without resetting stepmania...it appears to not save the setting, unless I am missing something.

lp2000

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »

xport.. since stepmania rc1 has been released during the past few days.. i was wondering if you were going porting that.. or just waiting for an actual final. i've already read your post earlier about considering porting an rc or final.. i just wanted to know if you were just working on one or not. thats all.

wowimsocute

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

(using stepmania 5 and a bunch of songs.)

i have a shortcut in evox directly to stepmaniaX.  when i pick it, it hangs on the loading screen.  if i go to avalaunch (from evox) and go applications->stepmania, it loads fine.  when in stepmania, if i exit it (using the menu option) and go back to evox, the menu shortcut works fine.  if i use the in-game-reset or the power button, the shortcut doesnt work after booting.

this doesnt happen with anything else, so it seems like a stepmaniax issue.  anyone experienced this and have a fix?

thank you.

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

as the Random Movies or Visualizations don't work, i do (what i think to be) the next best thing. i take the little movie AVI files, and cut them into PNG frames. 640 x 480 frames per image. e.g., if i need 4 frames to make it look a movie, the png image has to be 1280 x 960, called something like "1 Tile 2x2." this works for a lot of movies, but i have to turn the resolution down really low to keep it from freezing. well, low, but it's nothing terrible. if anyone knows a better way to make a png image fill the entire screen ONE AT A TIME, i want to know how.

what i ask is that if the movies still can't be run as movies in stepX, maybe you could allocate more memory so the larger sprites can run at a higher resolution or use more random sprite folders per song. if necessary i'd send you five of the folders i made so you can see what i mean.

on a side note, i said most of this before, but my post disappeared. i wish that didn't happen, but it does

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (yupyup123 @ Oct 18 2004, 09:51 PM)
Hurry up and update stepmaniax so I can work off some of my fat ass on the dancepad

laugh.gif
It is a good way to loos weight though  smile.gif

FuzzyLogic

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2004, 03:55:00 AM »

I have some problems getting StepmaniaX to work on my xboxes.

I got StepmaniaXv5 from Xbins, so it should work i guess.
Even a clean install doesn't help me.

The program works fine in demo mode.
But when i want to play myself it locks up just after choosing the demo song.

I have tried it on 2 xboxes, both with the same problem.

The only difference is that both Xboxes have 128MB RAM installed. But this has never been any problem with MameoX for example.

The logfile shows that stepmaniax even has support for it.
CODE

Memory changed from 64 to 128; settings changed
Initializing driver: DirectSound

The logfile ends with the message:
CODE

RageBitmapTexture: Loaded 'D:\Themes\default\Graphics\ScreenSelectMusic stage 3.png' (64x16); FMT_RGBA8, source 54,16;  image 54,16.
RageBitmapTexture: Loaded 'D:\Themes\default\Graphics\ScreenSelectMusic stage 4.png' (64x16); FMT_RGBA8, source 54,16;  image 54,16.
RageBitmapTexture: Loaded 'D:\Themes\default\Graphics\ScreenSelectMusic stage 5.png' (64x16); FMT_RGBA8, source 54,16;  image 54,16.
RageBitmapTexture: Loaded 'D:\Themes\default\Graphics\ScreenSelectMusic stage 6.png' (64x16); FMT_RGBA8, source 54,16;  image 54,16.
/////////////////////////////////////////
WARNING: Theme element 'Graphics\ScreenSelectMusic stage 7' could not be found in 'D:\Themes\default\' or 'D:\Themes\default\'.
WARNING: Theme element 'Graphics\ScreenSelectMusic stage 8' could not be found in 'D:\Themes\default\' or 'D:\Themes\default\'.

I looked for these files, but even in the original stepmania distribution i couldn't find them.

Ideas anyone?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9