xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Neogenesis Current Discussion  (Read 1099 times)

PhoboX

• Archived User
Neogenesis Current Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(MasterDeath @ Apr 30 2006, 05:08 AM) View Post

I have a couple of issues, 2 mentioned but I would like to re iterate them. One being the game genie codes. There are two problems with these. The first being, that the rom needs to be restarted in order for the codes to be applied. The other being is that most games give a red screen when the game is restarted, making the game genie code feature totally useless.

Ive noticed this issue as well. After a bit of investigation, the red screen problem appears to be caused by multi-region roms. For example I have a multi-region Sonic 2 rom and a US Sonic 2 rom.. the latter of which works fine with the GG codes, while the former gives the red screen. This can also be seen with other games, such as Urban Strike. So far the only way to solve this is to get an original region locked rom as opposed to unlocked multi-region roms. If anyone else knows any other way to get around this, do let me know.

Phob.

wanny1

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(TwigFigure @ Apr 8 2005, 04:59 PM) View Post

Is there a way to disable saving? Like, disabling SRAM altogether? Puggsy uses this as a copy protection technique (Eg, try SRAM, if exists, give creepy screen) after the first boss.

I was wondering the same thing, I know there is this option in Kega but I dont think there is an option in Gens. If there isn't this option in the great NEOGENESIS then could you great guys please try and get this option in. Puggsy is a great game and I would rather play on the xbox rather than setting my megadrive up all the time just to play it. Thank you for making these great emulators for the xbox and hopefully soon it will be possible on the 360 aswell.

foxxfella

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(nianfong @ Jun 10 2006, 01:39 AM) View Post

help!  I've installed Neogenesis v16 and it loads up no problem.  But then it doesn't respond to my controller at all at the main menu.  The controller is definitely working, and is plugged into Port 1, because I can soft reboot my system no problem using it.  I'm running XBMC, can't remember the version.  anyone know what I'm doing wrong, and/or how to get my controller to work?  THanks!

get V.20 and remove any dvd dongles.

nianfong

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

Thanks!  I just installed v.21, and it does the same thing sad.gif
I have no dongles attached.  two logitech wireless controllers plugged into ports 1 and 2.  And I'm trying both to see if either one work, and neither responds.

Any ideas?

foxxfella

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2006, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(nianfong @ Jun 10 2006, 09:46 PM) View Post

Thanks!  I just installed v.21, and it does the same thing sad.gif
I have no dongles attached.  two logitech wireless controllers plugged into ports 1 and 2.  And I'm trying both to see if either one work, and neither responds.

Any ideas?

Do you have any orginal Xbox controllers? Those wireless pads could be your trouble, I could be wrong though...

nianfong

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

huh, weird, but somehow the logitech wireless controller was the problem!  I guess there's some background process going on within the Xbox that is probably not happening with the emulator.

Thanks for the help guys!

Friggenhugeorc

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

Everytime I quit out of NeoGenesis it never keeps the changes I made in the settings...any way to correct this?

Koralsky

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2006, 02:16:00 AM »

Hello guys, I’m using the latest version of the emulator, and every Mega Drive/Genesis games I try works just fine. 32X on the other hand doesn’t work. I have every single game released for 32X and not a single one worked. I put 32X roms in my rom directory along with Genesis ones. Is that a problem? Also, all the roms are .zip. I’m using XBMC from 14.08.06 with MC360 skin. Do a need a 32X bios? From what I see, I have one in my bios folder? Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

thrilla

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

If this question is in the FAQ, please point me to the answer. How do you use the netplay/network feature in neogenesis?

mr. newbie

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

i can't finish sonic cd. after i beat robotnik the screen stays white.

if there's a fix, i'd love to know. great emu either way.

J8son

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

I've been wading through all the documations, FAQs and forum threads but I can't seem to find the answer to this question. I'm sure it's a relatively easy one.

I'd like to play Sonic CD and Sewer Shark the the NeoGenesis emulator for XBox. I have an .iso and a .bin file for each one (got these from a Goodset, those who are familiar with these types of ROMs know what I'm talking about).

Is there any special way I need to load the CD roms or can I just drop the .iso into the ROMs folder with the rest of my Genesis games and delete the .bin?

dillingerdisco7

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

Got a little problem with neogenesis on my xbox.  Every game is in super fast forward mode.  Anything i can tweak with the configuration?

hargle

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(dillingerdisco7 @ Nov 7 2006, 05:24 AM) View Post

Got a little problem with neogenesis on my xbox.  Every game is in super fast forward mode.  Anything i can tweak with the configuration?

Sounds like your trigger is stuck.  Try unmapping the right trigger button, or see if unplugging the controller fixes it.

kokakoda

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2006, 02:38:00 AM »

Hey people, having some trouble running SegaCD games from cuesheets.
It was working before, I think, so I'm pretty sure it's a config problem.

What happens is, when the game is loaded from the cuesheet, NeoGenesis boots the SegaCD bios, then it hangs (the bios, not the emulator).

The games work just fine if I load the .ISO directly, but then I get no CDDA. sad.gif The music is stored as .MP3 in the same naming convention as the disc image (i.e. Popful_Mail_01.iso, Popful_Mail_02.mp3, Popful_Mail_03.mp3 etc.)

Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, just figured it out... had something to do with a dodgy save state that was affecting ALL CD games. Just switched off save state auto load and it's all good. biggrin.gif

giorgoc

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

Hi,

Is there any way to customize the ROM folders (i.e. as to where the emulator can find roms?)

thnx
Giorgoc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7