xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hugo-x Current Discussion  (Read 612 times)

Hopeful

• Archived User
Hugo-x Current Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Manabyte @ Feb 6 2006, 11:52 PM) *

Agreed.  Current compatibility for the CD system [isn't complete like the latest core].  This was one of the coolest systems in existance.  I'd rather see this emu updated over anything else.

I definitely agree.

Other emulators can already play most of their games, especially the best ones.

I'd like to see the TGCD emu play its best games too.

It would be killer to see an xbox port of the latest core,

which plays most TGCD games, including the best ones. (SH 1 and 2)

It's a tempting dream, because this update is the one the majority of emu fans still want, and xport has the talent to easily make it happen, which makes it all the more lingering.

However his interest seems hard focused on other things, so sadly, this may stay a pipe dream.

Opoth

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Aug 6 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post

I definitely agree.

Other emulators can already play most of their games, especially the best ones.

I'd like to see the TGCD emu play its best games too.

Doesn't mednafenx-pce have pretty good compatibility for CD games?  Hopeful, you just responded to an OOOLD post. wink.gif

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Opoth @ Aug 6 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post

Doesn't mednafenx-pce have pretty good compatibility for CD games?  Hopeful, you just responded to an OOOLD post. wink.gif

Actually the last reply in the topic was pretty recent, even though I admit I didn't see how old the specific post I replied to was.

HOWEVER, Manabyte's post was still valid, except for the word 'terrible', which I rephrased to 'isn't complete' for accuracy anyway. (So it doesn't really matter if it's old.  wink.gif)

I really do think people would love to see this emu updated above all others. (Although I admit I don't think it will happen, but that's no reason to forget the topic.)

There's a notable gap in TGCD emu that's fixed only in the latest PC versions.

Specifically that the very best 2 TGCD games ever (Sherlock 1 and 2) now work on the pc, but still not the xbox. And, being spoiled on xport's emulators makes going back to PC feels like the stone age. Imagine playing an xport emu, then going back to the pc version's unstable and inaccurate speeds just to play certain favorite roms.

Actually, I posted a topic a while back to see if anyone else was hopeful for such an update, and to my surprise it got a large amount of agreeing responses. Especially compared to recent threads with meager responses. (Which are actually compliments to xport, showing that those particular emus had already pretty much achieved their perfection in earlier releases.)

I wanted to comment on what I agree with about that statement, so I did.

Ez0n3

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »

CODE
\xportxbox\trunk\video\hugo210\..\common\commonfuncs.cpp(33) : fatal error C1189: #error :  if the port makes use of a keyboard, #define KEYBOARDMENU 1 - otherwise #define KEYBOARDMENU 0

So I add "#define KEYBOARDMENU 0" and then get this error:
CODE
\xportxbox\trunk\video\hugo210\..\common\commonfuncs.cpp(38) : fatal error C1189: #error :  make sure to set this to the amount of memory required to save the state

I don't know what this should be set to, but for testing sake - I just set "#define STATEMEM_SIZE 0x10000". Then I get this error:
CODE
\xportxbox\trunk\video\hugo210\..\common\commonfuncs.cpp(44) : fatal error C1189: #error :  change mappings.stick_sensitivity to float

I'm stuck here and something's telling me I shouldn't have to add this stuff - something's wrong.

I'm also getting this exact same problem in xsms - but z26x, gba, fce, psx, gensx and snes9x build fine.

Just wondering if anyone knows what's up with that?

Thanks

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »

Not sure if this is useful in any way but the difference between the two emulators you're having problems with and the ones that compile ok is that both X-SMS and Hugo-X have been replaced by newer emulators.

Meka-X is XPort's newest Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator and Mednafen-X PCE is the latest PC Engine/PCE-CD emulator.

Could be that XPort never checked those old sources before uploading them as he assumed anyone wanting to continue either project would want to use the newest emulators.

Ez0n3

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Likklebaer @ Jul 30 2009, 05:21 AM) View Post

Not sure if this is useful in any way but the difference between the two emulators you're having problems with and the ones that compile ok is that both X-SMS and Hugo-X have been replaced by newer emulators.

Meka-X is XPort's newest Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator and Mednafen-X PCE is the latest PC Engine/PCE-CD emulator.

Could be that XPort never checked those old sources before uploading them as he assumed anyone wanting to continue either project would want to use the newest emulators.

Very useful, it's news to me.

I got my 1st xbox last year, so I'm a little late to the game happy.gif. Finding new - not so new - stuff out all the time.

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 30 2009, 07:36 AM) View Post

Welcome to the world of compiling.  laugh.gif  Those are the typicall kind of errors that you will get when compiling sourc.  But just like likklebaer said you are getting those errors because the source code for those particular emulators have not been updated to the latest interface changes that x-port made.  You can't just go willy nilly adding in #define's though.  You have to do what the text in those #ifdef's say.  

But really if you want a version that will compile you're better going off with either MednafenX-PCE or Meka.

Grand - isn't it  wink.gif

I tried matching the defines as they where needed by comparing them to the emu's that did compile - but it only got me so far.

I just wanted to change 1 line in each source to skip the config screen on launch if an ini for the rom doesn't exist so that it will just set the defaults, save the cfg and continue. I did the first one and was like - oh, this will be easy. But noooo - some had to be stubborn rolleyes.gif.

Thanks fellas.

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ez0n3 @ Jul 31 2009, 12:46 AM) View Post

I just wanted to change 1 line in each source to skip the config screen on launch if an ini for the rom doesn't exist so that it will just set the defaults, save the cfg and continue. I did the first one and was like - oh, this will be easy. But noooo - some had to be stubborn rolleyes.gif.

Any chance you'd be willing to share your modified XBE's? It'd be great not to see that config screen every time I launch a game.  happy.gif

Ez0n3

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Likklebaer @ Jul 31 2009, 05:32 AM) View Post

Any chance you'd be willing to share your modified XBE's? It'd be great not to see that config screen every time I launch a game.  happy.gif

PM

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 31 2009, 10:45 AM) View Post

ConfigEmuSpecificOptions() is the function that does this.  I would suggest, though, you only have it skip these if the user presses "A", but if they press "X" let it display.  But that is up to you.

As far as those defines.  It is more than just a case of "changing a line" those defines are there to remind the person compiling that they need to change several parts of the code.  The comments make more sense the more familar you are with how the x-port emu's work.

Hmm, maybe you can show me some code that will help explain how to do it with "ConfigEmuSpecificOptions". I'm just now getting down and dirty with the xport source. The way I did it was:

In main emu cpp file in function "int CXBoxSample::loadSettings( char *filename )"

I changed this:
CODE
    if ( !setfile )
    {
        saveSettings( filename );
        return 1;
    }

To this:
CODE
    if ( !setfile )
    {
        saveSettings( filename );

//return 1;
        return 0;
    }

If the X button is pressed to config a game, the config screen shows up like normal. But if a rom is launched without a config file, it just skips it and sets the defaults.

The above code affects this in "void CXBoxSample::initConsole( UINT32 idx, int isFavorite, int forceConfig )":
CODE
    if ( forceConfig || loadSettings( g_settingsfile ) )
    {
        changeMenu( &m_skin.gameSelectMenu, &m_skin.otherMenu );
        doConfigureGame( g_settingsfile, g_keysfile );
        isOther = 1;
    }

If you hit X, it makes "forceConfig" true, otherwise false.

If a rom doesn't have a cfg, it makes "loadSettings( g_settingsfile )" true (by returning 1), otherwise false.

So what I did is have "loadSettings( g_settingsfile )" always be false (by returning 0), but "forceConfig" still depends on if the user hits X.

I tried to cheat by copying the settings from one game to the rest so that every game has a config file with defaults. This worked well until I had to change the screen size, then I would have to do it for every single rom cfg wacko.gif. Now I can just wipe the setting files and change the screen size and it will work for all biggrin.gif.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

Looks like the way you have it set up will bring up the configuration options if the user presses X.
Pages: 1 2 [3]