xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hugo-x Current Discussion  (Read 626 times)

Koitsu

• Archived User
Hugo-x Current Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

normally that'd be the case, but Xport's been known to fix games that even the author couldn't (or didn't yet) fix. just wondering. it's a good game.

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

Anyone have a working cue sheet for Conan (Mirai Shonen Conan)?

sideshow

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

I've had crashing issues with these two roms lately and I wanna make sure I"m not the only one.

Blazing Lazers
Super Star Soldier

I can get to level 7 boss in blazing lazers then the game crashes and I have to reset the whole XBOX.
I can get to level 5 in super star soldier, then close to the beginning the game crashes and I have to reset my XBOX.

I tried a couple times and the crashing still occurs.  I dont think its the roms or my xbox, I think its the Hugo emulator.
Has anybody experienced these crash bugs too?

In recent news, it appears Hugo 2.12 has been released which claims to fix a bunch of crashing and graphical glitches with certain roms.  Also it has preliminary support for ADPCM!  These are good contenders for a Xport update!

This post has been edited by sideshow: May 17 2005, 01:55 AM

ezryel

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

Hi,  Anyone notice the that some of the sound channels are very low? Such as in Blazing Lazers, the in game voice is almost mute.  I find this in all the Hucard and CD games, because of this every game sounds different than it should. Is there a function to change the volume of each sound channel? or is this a bug?

Thanks

This post has been edited by ezryel: Jun 29 2005, 02:52 AM

sirknot

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

new to emulators, here. I got HUGO running on my Xbox. I downloaded a couple of roms and extracted them (the file names are *GAME*.emu). I put them into them pcerom folder. Now I can pick them from the choose game option, but then each one freezes at a loading screen. How do I fix this.
Also when it gives me the option of configuring the game, how do I know what to choose?

System card 1 or 3?
      Force US mode Y or N?
      Graphics ?????????????
thanks

JigenD

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(sideshow @ May 16 2005, 08:20 PM)
In recent news, it appears Hugo 2.12 has been released which claims to fix a bunch of crashing and graphical glitches with certain roms.  Also it has preliminary support for ADPCM!  These are good contenders for a Xport update!

ADPCM being Pulse Code Modulation right?  That means if this gets implemented in an update we'd be able to hear stuff like grunts and doors and effects like that in Dracula X... I'd love to hear this!

sideshow

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

I think the ADPCM was implemented into HuC not HuGo.  But the newest version which is at 12 does fix several roms that crash.  This sure sounds like a reasonable update!

Dark Gallon

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

I have Dracula X and the emulator, but I can't figure how to play it!

I must extract the .mp3 and .iso archives to the rom folder? Where the .cue need to be?

Thanks!!!

P.S: Sorry for the bad english, it's not my mother tongue =/

This post has been edited by Dark Gallon: Aug 11 2005, 12:12 AM

Paddyp43

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Hey I do not know where to ask this, so if I have broken a "rule" I apologize in advance. Could someone drop a link or simply help me figure out where to find pce roms and I have already done an ftp to my xbox and put HuGo-X on my xbox but I am having difficulty having the roms come up. Perhaps I do not have the right HuGo-X xbox v-2. If this is not the most effective, can you please direct me to a different version.
        Thanks again-sorry first time post  sad.gif

cloudd

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

I have went through all USA HuCards/CD Roms and all Jap Rom HuCard images. There are many with problems like they hang in the middle of the game crashes at the title screen sound is screwes or FX are missing. I am a huge Turbo /PC engine fane and own all of the USA games and would be willing to test them if this project was to move forward. I really hope someone has the time to do it. biggrin.gif

Is there work still being done on this Project or is it dead?

sideshow

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »

Apparently Hugo is still in development but there hasnt been an Xport update in a long time.  I would love to see future updates as does every turbo buff.

atoxia

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

is this project dead? i woul love for this to get updated with the new hugo code

Manabyte

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

Agreed.  Current compatibility for the CD system is terrible.  This was one of the coolest systems in existance.  I'd rather see this emu updated over anything else.

axel1

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

Hi there,

When i start up a game in either hugox or mednafenx-pce and i exit the game to play an other game it never loads.
Instead i have to "return to launcher" and start up the emulator again to play the other game.
I don't have this with all my games but with the games i have bought as a legal pc engine cd rom collection that is commercially for sale and was ment to run in windows.
So i guess there must be missing some data on these roms?

Any help or advice please??

axel1

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

Ok, got the problem solved.
Pages: 1 [2] 3