xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Incorrect Library Info For Avi's  (Read 334 times)

kl1k

• Archived User
Incorrect Library Info For Avi's
« on: December 27, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »

Now that I've got the library working I've got it to scan through all my avi's. For most of the part its correct except for my Star Trek collection.

I've got a Folder: Star Trek -> Voyager -> Star Trek Voyager - 3x02 Flashback.avi

The episode info and thumb nails it picks up is for the original Star Trek. According the the wiki the labelling is correct. Any idea why this is occurring? I don't want to manually change it as its doing it for all the Voyager seasons (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by kl1k: Dec 27 2007, 10:53 AM

J_K_M_A_N

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

It is because it is taking the first folder name which is star trek. You would have to rename that to star trek voyager and rename the voyager directory to season 3 or whatever. It uses the first folder for the show name, not the filename.

J_K_M_A_N

kl1k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

Ahh thanks.  That explains it.

One more noob question re the library (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have  multiple hdds on a linux server shared with the same series name but different episodes across different drives.

eg:

\\server\myvideos\disk1\star trek\season 1\*.avi
\\server\myvideos\disk2\star trek\season 2\*.avi
\\server\myvideos\disk3\star trek\season 3\*.avi

The disk1 and disk2 are 2 physical hdds.

My problem is now when using the library mode it doesnt know that the seasons above are for the same series. I'll have like star trek and under than season1, then another star trek with season 2 etc.

Is there any way to link these under one start trek title - apart from moving all the ST's under one HDD which is a problem due to space.

Hope this makes sense (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

kl1k

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:51:00 AM »

Anyone got any idea on the above?

Woobus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »

In Library Mode, remove the current Star Trek titles from your library.  Exit Library Mode.

Using the Add Source option, add both physical HDD's as one source.  Your Star Trek episodes should all appear in that source as if they're in the same folder.

Use the white button to pull up "TV Show Information," which will re-scan your episodes into your library.  (You'll probably have to use the Refresh option to get them scanned in as Star Trek Voyager.)  All seasons should show up in your library as one title.

I just tried this with two different seasons of The Wire on two separate HDD's, and it worked.