xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Updating Xbmc From Pre 2.0 Version?  (Read 284 times)

Avidfan

• Archived User
Updating Xbmc From Pre 2.0 Version?
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »

I've not updated my XBMC in over a year and as a result, I have a quite old release, pre 2.0 anyways.
I know a lot has changed , but what are the main differences from how I used to update before?
I mean, I used to change the main xml file with the relevant ip's and some of the directory paths, is it still very similar?
What tweaking do I have to do or can I just get the latest release , unpack it and ftp it over?

Thanks for any assistance or links to faq's or walkthroughs.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 04:51:00 AM »

By the sounds of it, you'll want to install a fresh build and manually configure your settings from there (pretty much everything can be done through the GUI these days, there are just a few obscure things (eg. RSS feeds) that involve XML editing). Some old settings files are no longer used and some other files cause glitches if they're present so don't ever try extracting a new build over an old one.

Once you've done that, in future you can update by deleting everything but your UserData folder and copying the new build across. Don't do this while XBMC is running, of course.

Avidfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 11:05:00 AM »

Ok thanks, I guess I'll just extract the latest version and upload it and then take it from there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)