xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - December 23rd 2007 Svn Rev11071 Build  (Read 872 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - December 23rd 2007 Svn Rev11071 Build
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

XboxMediaCenter SVN rev11071 build of December 23rd 2007 compiled by T3CH

This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
   + Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre0.99.2 rev1778 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
   + EnderW & Blittan's XBMCScripts Installer 1.8 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMCScripts]
   + Team XBMC Lyrics 1.5.5 rev1771 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
   + Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
   + BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.0 [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
   + Nuka1195 & Dataratt's AOL Videos Plugin 1.1.1 [plugins/video/AOL Videos Plugin]
   + Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]
   + PM3 Red Theme + PM3 Blue Theme by Jezz_X

Special Note From T3CH:

* I wish everyone Happy Holidays!
* New script T3CH Upgrader made by BigBellyBilly replaces the old T3CH Downloader script. Thx Man!
* AMT including it's bundled plugins updated to rev1778. XBMC Lyrics updated to rev1771.
* I'm including the >>XBMC Win32 PC environment<<.exe that is meant for skinners & python developers, read more about the concept here. It was built using Microsoft DirectX Summer 2004 SDK.
* I've tweaked the win32 >>run_me_first.bat<< so it runs and then unmounts the virtual drives when you exit.
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xboxmediacent...oper_Bug_Report

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:

Here is the FULL changelog since the December 17th 2007 SVN Rev11025 Build (last one posted on xbins/xbox-scene):

2007-12-22  11071  fixed: Compile error.
2007-12-21  11064  removed: unnecessary variable
2007-12-20  11060  fixed: windowxml should be able to use Container.SetViewMode.
2007-12-20  11059  added: Container.SubItem(number) condition - returns true if the user is focused on the given (one based) subitem in a container with a multiselect. Use Container.SubItem(0) to check for no subitems.
2007-12-20  11058  added: RunPlugin built-in. Does not work for folder items. Also used when adding a plugin:// non folder item to favorites
2007-12-20  11057  added: Use of ListItem.Property()'s AlbumTones, AlbumStyles, and AlbumReview in the Album information dialog.
2007-12-20  11056  fixed: You couldn't re-edit a partymode rules file.
2007-12-20  11055  added: Multiselect control - effectively a single label that can have various selectable portions which act as normal buttons. Can be used in lists as well as standalone.
2007-12-19  11047  added: Autocentering animation capability for zoom and rotation anims. Use center="auto" and the zoom/rotation will always be centered at the center of the control or window.
2007-12-18  11046  fixed: Flickering cast/plot in video info view.
2007-12-17  11038  added: expanded media info for Music Videos & TV Shows on home screen when playing media, to match fullscreen information.
2007-12-17  11037  fixed: thread priority whilst scanning content was causing issues with video playback
2007-12-17  11036  fixed: starting a video smartplaylist in partymode would load it in the music playlist instead of the video playlist.
2007-12-17  11035  fixed: framerate conversion should not include 'play ntsc movies in pal60' if your eeprom is in ntsc
2007-12-17  11030  updated: Swedish language file by blittan (based on english 11025)
2007-12-17  11028  fixed: Reading of .chapters.xml BeyondTV files wouldn't work over smb. Plus added some debug logging to said file reading.

INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:

* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox.  Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.

* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406656

* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xboxmediacent...=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot  (see http://xboxmediacent...=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore,  and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.

* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!

INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:

XBMC's online manual can be found at http://wiki.xboxmediacenter.com/ .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://forum.xboxmediacenter.com , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net).  (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)

If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!

If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.google.co...q=xbox trainers

The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.

If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.

XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt

Official XBMC Website: http://xboxmediacenter.com
Official T3CH Website: http://t3ch.yi.se

Mcoto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »

Cool. Will start the downloading procedure. tongue.gif

Hey does anyone know if the "automatically scan for new movies" also automatically cleans the library?  I got the impression that it did the one time I used it.  One of my shares gets turned on and off and I'd hate for all the database info to go bye bye and than have it all re-scanned the next time that share is up.

M

rukiddin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:44:00 AM »

Thanks for the update.  Always appreciate the little fixes/additions.

On another note, how hard would it be to get a new compile of the mplayer.dll included with the next build?  Is it possible to start testing a new mplayer.dll before it's included?  I've had a few problems, and a new mplayer.dll build might fix them.

It's been 9 months or so since the last update.

Thanks again!

Mike

hasselhof

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 01:28:00 AM »

Hi, thanks for the hard work, always great to see a new version biggrin.gif
thanks and happy holidays to everyone.

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »

hey, in the last revs i noticed when watching a video over wireless network sometimes it suddenly stopped... i kept watching the buffer status and it reached 80% but suddenly stopped.... cant check for wired 'cause all my house has wireless network  ... (that sux)

i'll check again with this build but anyone knows if this is an unresolved issue ?

btw i have my xbx(1) connected trough an wrt54g with ddwrt for a bridged connection...

Super-FX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »

As always thanks T3CH for your regular builds.
And thanks to all involved. You all keep my Xbox alive.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year To all of you.
 beerchug.gif

Cimlite

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(kics @ Dec 24 2007, 10:13 AM) View Post
hey, in the last revs i noticed when watching a video over wireless network sometimes it suddenly stopped... i kept watching the buffer status and it reached 80% but suddenly stopped.... cant check for wired 'cause all my house has wireless network  ... (that sux)

I use a similar setup as you. Works perfectly for me. WiFi can be problematic though... My connection has gone down a lot in the past, the main problem I think was neighbors WiFi connections interefering (and/or wireless phones). It's horribly annoying since checking everything that can interfere with the signal is almost impossible.

Anyway, as always BIG thanks to the developers and to t3ch! The t3ch updater script looks very interessting.

Ender925

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cimlite @ Dec 24 2007, 08:00 AM) View Post

I use a similar setup as you. Works perfectly for me. WiFi can be problematic though... My connection has gone down a lot in the past, the main problem I think was neighbors WiFi connections interefering (and/or wireless phones). It's horribly annoying since checking everything that can interfere with the signal is almost impossible.

Anyway, as always BIG thanks to the developers and to t3ch! The t3ch updater script looks very interessting.

So this version does not have any streaming issues? I have been reading comments for the last few releases and there appears to be a problem with streaming video/audio over a network connection (something about a delayed start?). I have 2 Xbox's wired into my LAN which pull media from a NAS box so the functionality of streaming media is essential to me.

Last time I upgraded my xbmc was in February so I am LONG overdue for some of the new functionality and want to use the holidays to get everything setup nicely.

Axl_Mas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

Many thanks!

Merry Christmas !!

raoulteeuwen

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »

Hi. My questions feels like a noob question, sorry if it is, but i just couldn't find the answer. I have XBMC on my xbox. I downloaded this T3CH-version, my 1st T3CH. I tried to FTP all the files, but some files get transferred, some don't. I THINK it is because of the length of the filenames. But i wonder: why would this T3CH package be distributed with filenames that can't be FTPed to the xbox?

I read about xbmc being able to act as FTP-server, and being able to change filenames, but i wonder: if T3CH-XBMC-filenames get changed, will T3CH-XBMC still be able to find those files?

I appreciate any help. Thanks, and happy holidays!

happygg

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(raoulteeuwen @ Dec 24 2007, 07:46 PM) View Post

Hi. My questions feels like a noob question, sorry if it is, but i just couldn't find the answer. I have XBMC on my xbox. I downloaded this T3CH-version, my 1st T3CH. I tried to FTP all the files, but some files get transferred, some don't. I THINK it is because of the length of the filenames. But i wonder: why would this T3CH package be distributed with filenames that can't be FTPed to the xbox?

I read about xbmc being able to act as FTP-server, and being able to change filenames, but i wonder: if T3CH-XBMC-filenames get changed, will T3CH-XBMC still be able to find those files?

I appreciate any help. Thanks, and happy holidays!

sounds like you're using xbmc while you're ftp'ing the new version over.

some files will be in use so you cant do that. load up another dashboard like unleashx and then try smile.gif

MrFish

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(happygg @ Dec 24 2007, 11:01 PM) View Post

some files will be in use so you cant do that. load up another dashboard like unleashx and then try smile.gif

Or put it in a different directory.

Additional bonus: you're not overwriting your working copy.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

Thank you for your great work. love.gif

anoobie

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

Thanks smile.gif

drzoo2

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(happygg @ Dec 24 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

I also use XBMC FTP to update to a later version but I create an entirely new folder. I add the date to the latest version and stick it next to the current. Then I go into the cfg file on the c partition and add the new location....reboot and done. Basically this is just changing the date in the config file. This has two benefits.

1 I always maintain a working copy if there are any weird bugs in the update. Re edit the .cfg
2 I can use the FTP client in the current version to update.

Just before I reboot into the the new release I erase the "Game"data through the game manager option in XBMC.

Makes for a clean install.

I have never seen a file name that was too long....after all these years T3CH would know better.

z
Pages: [1] 2 3