xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Folder View Changing On Its Own!  (Read 174 times)

roggster

• Archived User
Folder View Changing On Its Own!
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »

can anyone reproduce this:

browsing through my mp3 files (all arranged in albums). Occasionally when I press the back button it does indeed go back up to the folder above but it also changes the view from "List" to "Big Icons".

I had this on a older version of xbmc and its suddenly come back. don't know if its a bug or something left over from upgrading.

I'm using xbmc pre-2.1 (Nov 4 2007 - T3CH) with MC360 964.

ta,
Nick

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »

Your albums have thumbnails.

When you first enter the folder, it doesn't have a thumb yet.  Once you've entered it once, however, it caches the thumb, so that next time you enter it the thumb can show.  But now it knows it has a thumb, and seeing as you have "Autoswitch between thumb and list" enabled in settings, it does exactly as specified.

It's a feature.  Feel free to turn it off in settings if you don't like it.  Also use the music library - it's much nicer.

Cheers,
Jonathan

roggster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

Thanks Jonathon,

that setting does ring a bell from ages ago. I've never set/changed it though. I don't even see it in the gui anymore - is it somewhere obscure?

Odd how it should start doing it again now after an upgrade...

Nick

roggster

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

I'm gonna try the setting "View Mode" which is set to Auto. I'm fixing it to List. Reckon that might fix it.

As for the library mode, I need to sort out my music files better before I can do that!
Lots of missing tags etc. I *was* on top of it at one time......

cheers,
Nick